Uhaul / deceptive guarantee
MY husband reserved a dual-axel trailer from u_Haul and we were advised that we would have it on the date, at the ipckup location of our choice (Houston, BC). The day before we were to pick it up, uHaul called and advised that we would have to drive to Prince Rupert to pick up our trailer and that's all there was to it. Rupert being a 750km round trip).
When I pointed out that their guarantee promised that they would have an equaivalent or better vehicle, the CSR at their 800 number, possibly the rudest human on earth next to an ICBC employee, on the phone advised me that they had my trailer and it wasn't their fault thet it was "not quite" at my desired location.
I find their proactices to be unreasonable, the length of the trip to pick up more than unreasonable and I am taking them to Small Claims Court for all costs incurred from the extra travel. including mileage, fuel, distress and delays, etc.
If anyone in Canada wants to join me on this, please e-mail me at GoneSkiing @ uniserve.com and include uHaul Potential Class Action in the title of the mail.
More Uhaul Complaints & Reviews
- Uhaul - refuel policy unfair to the consumer 
- U-Haul - traffic ticket fee 
- Uhaul - scam charges 
- Movinghelp.com Partnered With U-haul - flawed review system do not trust it! 
- Uhaul - truck rental 
- U-Haul International - customer service at 12804 50th st. edmonton alberta canada
- U-haul Truck Rental - unauthorized credit card charges/scam/ripoff/
- U-Haul International - faulty wiring in tow hitch
- U-Haul International - my name is lou ann vlahovic 3150 birch circle whitehall pa 18052
- U-Haul International - bad battery