ToysRUs / unfair return policy

Don't ever ever buy electronic item from Toys R Us unless you are 100 % sure you want to keep it. When I was ready to purchase the Ipod Touch 4th generation last month, I asked the worker at the cashier what was the return policy for the Ipod. He said " Just return it within 45 days." I was happy with the policy, so I purchased the Ipod. Today I took it back to Toys R Us and tried to return it with the receipt and everything in the box, but the manager refused to return it. She said that the item had to be returned in an unopen box, and she pointed at the back of the receipt in fine print. That was the first time I read about the policy. I told her I would never have bought the item had the worker told me that the item had to be returned in an UNOPENED BOX within 45 days when first inquiring about the return policy. He never mentioned about the item has to be unopened in order to return! This is deceiving! I trusted what the worker said about the return policy. He omitted the most important information about the elctronic return policy. He tricked me, and I was deceived! What kind of return policy is this that you can never open the product to see how it works before you can decide if you want to return it!? what an unethical company! They tricked and deceived customers. I would have bought my Ipod from Wal-Mart or Target where they do not have this kind of rediculous policy. I bought two Ipod from Toys R US, and I realized that one is sufficient for my family. But now I am stuck with both of them. I learned a big and expensive lesson from this : I would NEVER NEVER EVER bought another electronic from Toys R Us, and I hope you do too.

Me

Comments

• Po
      26th of Dec, 2010

You do realize that once you open a product, they cannot sell it as new again? It's a loss to the company, and that's why they have those policies. Couldn't you have just tried an iPod that was on display to see how you liked it?

Anyways, I'm sorry the employee was wrong, but there is no excuse for not reading your receipt.

• Go
      16th of Jun, 2011

ACCPETING RETURNS are a courtesy. MANY stores require electronics to be unopened in order for them to be returned. If not, then you can purchase an expensive electronic...just "not like it" and return it.The store can no longer sell it at the same price because its opened because "someone didnt like the color." Grow up