Having problems with Toys "R" Us?

Toys "R" Us reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Oct 4, 2006. The latest review stroller was posted on Mar 27, 2021. The latest complaint customer service; order online, pick up in store was resolved on Nov 29, 2014. Toys "R" Us has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 193 reviews. Toys "R" Us has resolved 60 complaints.

Toys "R" Us Customer Service Contacts

+1 973 617 4877 (Customer Service)
Five Woodhollow Road
Parsippany, New Jersey

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Toys "R" Us Customer Service. Initial Toys "R" Us complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Toys "R" Us above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Toys "R" Us. Discuss the issues you have had with Toys "R" Us and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Toys "R" Us Complaints & Reviews

Toys Are Usruined christmas for niece

My niece christmas was ruined today cause yesterday i and her mommy went shopping for her firbally. She wanted one for christmas. My sister and I went shopping yesterday for it and she was told they were sold out. I started swearing at employe and they said i should have come in before but i was hoping at lat minute it would be on sale. They were sold out so today my sister and i had to tell my niece that she was a naughty girl this year and that is why she did not get her christmas gift from santa because she was bad and this is not true becuse she was not bad. they did not even have cole so we had to go to walmart to get coal and say that is what santa gave her because she was bad. this made her cry.

Toys R Us Expresspricing

Do NOT shop at a Toys R Us Express Store. Their prices on almost every item is $1-$5 higher than the online price and the regular Toys R Us stores. We have 2 Toys R Us Locations in our town and a nearby Toys R Us Express so its very easy for me to compare pricing. I learned the hard way during an online sale. They had some toys I wanted for Buy 2, get 1 free online purchase only. Store pickup was available so I used it and choose the TRU Express Store since it was closest to my house. When I went to pick up the items they would not honor the online sale prices, even though I paid for it online also. Needless to say, I paid the difference, then out of spite returned all of it as soon as she gave me my change.

Toys r usproduct outages

Has anyone else noticed that on the Toys R Us website everytime they update their sales, when you click on almost any item it is out of stock for shipping? But, for anyone that shops e-bay, the items are available on the direct from Toys R Us E-bay store at regular price. So, since all the items are shipped by Toys R Us, I question how it can be available for shipping on one site but not the other. Apparently if you are willing to pay the full price + shipping instead of the sale price with free shipping, they can magically find the item for you. Another scam by Toys R US...

Toys R? Us — poor customer service

So as i was was walking out of the store i decided to double check receipt. I noticed that the amount i payed...

Toys R Us Buyer Protection Plan — toys r us buyer protection plan is a scam

I purchased a Nintendo DSi XL from Toys R Us in March 2011 for my 6-year old son. I was convinced by the...

Toys R Us South Africarediculous bank charges

Dear Concerned person.

I Have just been charged R400 for banking charges to Rand Bank to do your telegraphic transfer!

I think you guys are a bunch of crooks and for you not to inform me that the cost of a transfer from the UAE would be that high is really unlawful! I know all you are going to say is that it is not Toys R Us but the Bank involved in doing the transfer, but surely this is NOT the first complaint from an international buyer. So a bit of a warning would have been great!!!

I had to pay my Bank nearly R60 for the transfer as well. So the cost of bank charges is almost as much as the toys. That is ridiculous and that because you do not allow international visa cards.

The fact that you do not have credit card facilities for a International company goes beyond me seeing I bought a bunch of flower the other day from a small florist in Cape Town that allows international visa cards. And besides that was called from SA to confirm order and cost from a lady the age of my gran. That is service!

This whole process has been a nightmare with bad response from you side. It is very sad that you have made this shopping experience so hard for me and this just to send gifts from Dubai to a 4 year old girl that had surgery leaving her bed bound for 3 months.

Toys ‘R Usthe group interview was awful

The group interview was awful! We had to do a partner activity where we had to tell each other why we “deserve” to work for Toys ‘R Us and tell it to the Human Resources (HR) Manager. Then, we got called in one by one for individual interviews, where we were asked the same question. The individual interviews were with the individual, the HR Manager, and some other manager, who looked like Guy Smiley from Sesame Street with giant, white pieces of Chicklets gum for teeth! If you’re too dumb to figure out why people want to work for your company, you shouldn’t be working!

The orientation was even worse. We watched an hour and a half of videos, filled out paperwork, and got a “grand” tour of the store. The best part of the whole orientation was the video on Code Adam (finding a missing kid in a store program). When it came time to ask questions, the HR Manager (who was running orientation) couldn’t even give a straight answer to anyone’s question.

I did a bit of research on my own about the company and tried to find straight answers to questions I had. What I learned horrified me the most. Even though the employee handbook and the orientation videos say that employees are supposed to be honest and report dishonesty and not “trash talk” the company, the company is intentionally misleading customers, employees, potential hires, and investors. As of this posting, Toys ‘R Us is $5.12 billion in debt. They have carefully tried to hide this fact.

According to the CEO, if they don’t meet or exceed their Holiday Sales numbers they had prior to the recession, the company could go out of business entirely. His plan is to meet or exceed the Holiday Sales numbers, instead of finding other ways to reduce the debt. How are they supposed to even pay their employees with that much debt? Employees, investors, potential hires, and customers should be worried about what will happen if Toys ‘R Us don’t meet or exceed Holiday Sales numbers this Holiday season. What should potential hires and employees do if they know this? Stay silent?

This is truly a strange and somewhat scary experience. What is someone to do with something like this?

Toys r usI wouldn't want my worst enemy to apply for a job at toys r us

I wouldn’t want my worst enemy to apply for a job at toys r us. I’ve never been through anything so unprofessional and humiliating in all my life.First of all they herded all of us into a room and called it a group interview.I have over twenty years of retail and retail management experience and not once did myself or anyone else get the opportunity to discuss our skills and knowledge for the position in which we were interested in.Instead they gave us a list of activities to do, witch included a number of ways to stand up in front of a bunch of strange people and make a fool of ourselves.By this time I was thinking, it’s got to get better than this.Well I was wrong!

They started calling a few people by name at a time and in front of whole group they told these poor people you’re free to leave we’re not interested.I’m sorry but nobody deserves that kind of treatment.I’ve already filed a complaint with the BBB on this matter.

College_Grad_Job_seeker Mar 05, 2013

In 2011 I worked for Toys R Us & had the worst employment EVER!!
                Group Interview, 3 days of training & left on the register basically by myself the whole time! This toys r us in located in Washington, Pennsylvania & the workers were not helpful at all.
                When customers bring up a "ticket" for a certain toy/bike/playset etc they should have a register set up just for that type of purchase. Not have every cashier in the place calling over walkies all at the same time...the people in the back get confused & the wait for the customers are even longer than they should be!
                One night I was called to the office and fired because another co-worker used my discount on a customers purchase, instead of asking me if i had done it they accused me of it and called someone else at a different store and told me i was fired.
                our badges that we wore were always falling out of their pouches because it was not sealed at the top, they were more like little pockets than anything and loose to were all of your important information would fall out when you bent down to either bag purchases or pick stuff off of the floor.
                We didnt always get breaks or go home on time, because some employees got "special"treatment and others had to suffer (brown nosing). They had favorites when it came to their employees when really they shouldve treated all of us the same.
                i have put many and numerous complaints out about their behavior and also to their corporate website.
                i have not been back in that store since! I will shop anywhere, BUT there!

ToysRUsdeceiving advertising

Toysrus advertising, is deceiving, in my opinion. I went shopping after 11:00, Mon. 03/12/12, with my daughter, to shop for my two grand children's birthdays. They have loads of signs hanging everywhere in the store, promoting the buy one, get the second item, 1/2 off. I spent an hour and half choosing items, and I came with the intentions of "saving money". Their birthdays are back to back. April, then May. I wanted to take advantage of their "so called Big Sale". When I went to the the register, I found out after being rung up, that I did not get the second items, for 1/2 off. I asked why and the cashier and the manager said it had to be out of the same category, Well, then why doesn't the store and Hasbro, have a problem with letting you choose any Hasbro game!?. I chose an expensive Star Wars toy, I expect to get the second one half off, I chose an expensive Lego, I expect to get the second one, half off, I chose an expensive Crayola product, I expect to get the second one free. Their ad says at the top of the page " But 1, Get 1, 50% OFF All. What does that mean to the consumer!?. I don't want the same two products, like the Manager, inferred.I get their emails on my email and their ads. They must advertise for some unsuspecting, inexperienced ###s. I know how it works, I've been in retail, in one form or another for almost 30 years.I'm sick of getting cheated and dealing with rude managers. He could made good on their advertising. They only had to give me a difference of less than $50.00, but it's the principle of the thing. He was much too happy to cancel my order instead of satisfying, me the customer.I bought a lot there for Christmas and other occasions. I can take my business elsewhere, which I frequently go to Target, where they don't give customers any hassles. I want the difference credited back to my card.He asked me what I wanted him to do for me, and I told him, but he wouldn't do it. Another thing the cashier said a couple of my items were clearance and I said well, how would I know that!?. It is not clear. He just just look for the numbers that usually end in 8 or 9. That's ridiculous. Customers are not going to go hunting around looking at end of bar codes. And I know when something is clearance of there's, it just means they aren't going to be carrying any more, not that the fact that they lowered the price any. They suck, in my opinion. They better get with the program. I wouldn't have went there and bought any of the second items, if I knew I wasn't going to get them for 1/2 off!!

• Ke
                  K. Esper Mar 14, 2012

I wanted to place this directly to the company itself and You, are not the Company. Don't make comments if you don't have all of the facts. The advertisement is exactly that, Buy one, 50% off on all their other listed toys . I'll take it up with the BBB and the CEOI of the company, not you. I'll never comment on this site again. By the way, that is a very stupid example, some times the grocery store does give you free items, if you buy milk. Where have you been under a rock. I've been shopping for over 40 some years, not that it is any of your business. I bet you are the type of person, that is afraid to get a grocery cart for fear of buying too much, so you over stuff a little hand carry basket and dump and break stuff all over the floor. Blank off, if I don't want to waste my money, that's my prerogative, it's my money, not yours. It's people like you, that turn the other cheek and don't care and that's why things stay the same and customer service is bad and why companies keep bad Managers. Because it doesn't effect you, so you choose to ignore it.

Toys r us — poor service

Simply wanted to buy a "trike" (3 wheeled bike) with handle for our 2 year old daughter. After carefully...

Toys r usincorrect sale/refund

on Jan 4 2012, I purchased a squinky toy set which was priced in the aisle as buy one get one half price. I verified the pricing with a store clerk in the aisle before selecting 2 of them and went to the register, I also presented a rewards coupon--the store clerk rang up the items but did not apply the half price discount- when I asked about it I was told the amt would adjust when the sale was complete and he had me swipe my credit card but the the charge was not adjusted he then stated I had to get in line to customer service to fix the issue after waiting another 20 minutes in line the store clerk didn't know what to do so she called over an assistant manager who advised that I needed to go back to the register where the purchase was made requiring me to get back in that line for another 10-15 mins- at that point I refused and stated I wanted the entire purchase re-processed correctly- the assistant manager stated there was no way to do this, she rang up the items and insisted that the price was correct, my husband tried to explain that there was no way her calculation was correct but she refused to recalculate it, so we went out to our car and he sat there in the cold and broke down all the figures and we went back in and demanded that this assistant manager return the items completely and refund our money--she advised that we still needed to go back to the other register where the purchase was initially made and stated that had I done this in the first place my refund would have been correct! I couldn't help but question why she would process a refund and insist that it was correct previously when she knew it wasn't and her answer was "well you should have done as I asked and we wouldn't be discussing this but since you refused to go to the other register I did the best I could". I find this immoral, and completely unacceptable. If I had stolen an item from that store the police would have been called yet toys r us employees are apparently not held accountable for their actions! This clerk is a THIEF and I'm not comfortable doing business with a company who employs dishonest, rude, unethical, and down right criminal staff! I will NEVER shop at their middletown store until I see that this assistant manager and the store clerk involved are gone! Coincidentally- during this whole situation as we were headed to our car another customer stopped me in the parking lot to say that he and his wife had both experienced the same type of situation during their holiday shopping but didn't have the time to follow up on it. If these employees continue to steal from their customers as this assistant mgr admittedly did then what makes Toys R Us think that they aren't stealing from them too? (once a crook always a crook!) I contacted Toys R Us to file a complaint and have still not heard from anyone regarding a resolution to this issue.

• He
                    hengest1066 Apr 18, 2012

Funny that you mention adjusting registers, mkstitch, because no where in the complaint did anyone suggest such a thing. If the 2nd item in a "buy 1 get 1 half price" sale didn't ring up as half off, who's fault is it that it was not corrected right then and there? The sales associate AND the manager, because that's what they're there for! What was stated was that employees are not held accountable for their actions, and this is absolutely true. Toys "R" Us corporate has made this very clear. Don't bother doing business with this company even if those 2 employees are replaced (because more than likely they won't be). If employees aren't held accountable for their behavior, what incentive do they have to be honest and professional?

Toys r usrefund policy

Back in September (2011) my wife and I tried to return 3 toys that my 1 year old got for his birthday. One of the toys we had a gift receipt for and the other two we did not. After being told we were only allowed to return the item with the gift receipt we asked to speak to the manager. The manager was every understanding and was going to refund the two items for store credit (that all we were asking for). During the transaction the computer system refused to allow the store credit. The store manager even made several attempt with the tech support and customer service to over ride the register. However after 30 minutes we were not allowed to make the return ($25.00 total) and was given the 800 number to call.
                  When I got back home I called the 800 number. After being disconnected 3 times and transferred to about 15 different people I final got an answer is to why I could not make a return without a receipt. The customer service manager told me that back in January (2011) my wife returned about $100.00 worth of baby items (Christening gifts) at Babies R Us and that we could not return anything else without a receipt until February 2012. After spending half the day on the phone and being treated like a criminal I finial gave up.
                  In the end I just had my mother return the two toys. I find it funny that Toy R Us as a company has no faith in their store managers and really does not care about their customers. Thank you Toy R Us for making is easy for me to go to Walmart and Target to buy Christmas gifts this year.

ConnorIvor Mar 04, 2012

TRU Canada is much more relaxed about this ###. No return without receipt limits. The only downside to their policy is that it can't be a discontinued product (still active in the system) and it will always be in store credit at the last sale price. But that is hardly a concern. And at TRU Canada, store managers do have the last say. They can always override the system.

• :( :( Jan 08, 2012

At Walmart and Target the store managers have the ability to make the final say. Where at Toys R Us the Store managers are just PUPPETS and can't do anything to help the customers without corporate approval. I know a lot of company set limits on the amount you can return FOR CASH. However some company (like Taget and Walmart) are happy to return items for store credit (even at the lowest sale price) to make a customers feel good. Anyone with a new baby knows that you get several of the same items (outfits, toys, etc...) without gift receipts. I guess I just wish that the corporate offices of Toys R Us would have more faith in the Store managers they Hire and Pay to make decisions. The best part is I would have spent the store credit and more money out of my own pocket on something else in the store that same day!

• Bo
                      bound_in_pink Jan 07, 2012

Many companies have a limit to Returns without Receipts. At Target I could not return over $70 within a year. At Wal-Mart I cannot return w/o rcpts more than 3 times in a year, and I think that has a total amount limit as well. I don't see this as out of the ordinary.

Toys r usattitude is everything

I have been trying to purchase a Monster High Cruiser bike for a month or so for my daughter for Christmas. Unfortunately, it is sold exclusively at Toys R Us. It is manufactured by Dynacraft and I will be sending them a letter regarding my experience so they are aware who they are choosing to do exclusive business with and their daily practices. I've stopped by a couple of the stores near my house, checked status online daily, and called many stores on they day their receive their trucks. No one is able to tell me if they will even be getting more in or if it is simply a discontinued item. They don't know what's on their truck, and not even customer service can tell me if they are even planning to stock this item. While all of that is quite frustrating, it's typical business at Toys R Us which is why I do not shop there unless it is my only choice for me selected item.

Friday, December 9th, I called a few of the stores here in Phoenix that had previously said they'd have a truck in the night before. I called the Tatum store and they said that while they did not have it the computer showed the Bell Rd. and 2nd St. store had one. (Store number 5644) I spoke to a woman on the phone that said yes, the computer showed they had one, hold please and she would verify. 20 minutes (and 3 different people checking to see what I was holding for) later she came back on and said yes, we have it. This was around 12:30 PM. I asked her if she would be able to hold it for me until around 5:30, even offering to provide my credit card number. She set down the phone without putting it on hold to ask the manager. He gave her a 2 minute speach on why they could not hold it for me (not nicely, must not have realized I could hear) and she came back and said no, it's first come, first serve. While this is frustrating, it is retail life and I can live with store policy. I called a few friends near that area and was able to locate one that agreed to go purchase the bike for me.

He arrived at the store around 3:30 PM. Spoke to the clerk in the bike area who went back to find the bike. He kept coming back to get the tag number and going to the back. 30 minutes later and my friend started wandering to the front of the store to find someone else to see what is going on. Low and behold he stumbles upon the gentlemen helping him. The man, laughing over the mistake, says "sorry man, I got busy with something else and forgot, lemme go check again". Thus passes another 15 - 20 minutes. Finally he comes back to say the manager is looking, he can't find it. My friend proceeds to the front of the store and an hour and half after arrival at the store they state they cannot find the bike, it's in the computer but not on the floor. Sandra (the assistant manager) and a gentleman not wearing a nametage but acting as the store manager do not offer any type of apology. Not for the wasted time, not for the forgetfulness of the first employee (or his attitude in thinking that his lack of customer service is funny). My friend points out that I had called - asking if they sold it that quickly. The manager states, and I quote, "your friend obviously called another store who checked our inventory, she should have called us, we are not responsible for your wasted time or gas money to get here since we did not tell you we had it". (flash back to my 20 minute phone call and refusal to hold the bike earlier, my work phone records verify via my call out records that I did in fact dial the correct store phone number and spend over 21 minutes on that call).

Not only do I now not have the bike my daughter wants (which no one can still tell me if or EVER it will again be available). I have personally wasted my time in calling this store AND a favor with a friend. It should have been simply but now I have wasted 2 hours of his time, plus the cost of driving to the store.

While I understand that all of this is the risk you take when you want to purchase an item that is obviously in short supply, but the infuriating thing in this case was the attitude of the employees at this store. A simple apology and even a veiled attempt at sympathy and abashment would have gone a long way to soothe some feathers. Since that could not be offered to myself, or my friend, I will post my complaint publicly so that others can be spared my frustrations in their shopping experiences.

I would like an apology from the Bell Rd. store manager to both myself and my friend for not only our wasted time but for the attitude of implying that we or I was in any way responsible for this fiasco. We did everything in our control to make this as easy for both us and the store clerks. I would also like Toys R Us to tell me when this bike will be available for purchase so that I can make the decision to wait or purchase a different bike for my daughter.

• Ha
                        Happy Mom222 Sep 04, 2013

Why do you think it's the responsibility of Toys R Us to keep track of kid's toys that they've left in the store? How do you know that a parent didn't come by and pick it up, or another child steal it from the store? It is NOT the responsibility for any employee to check for left items on shelves or aisles.

I work at a large home improvement retailer. People come in all the time in a panic because they've lost their expensive cell phones or wallets...do you think that we should reimburse them for it? It's a courtesy to have a lost and found, not a mandatory thing. People will steal things all the time, doesn't mean it's an employee.

• Te
                        terlonzo Aug 07, 2013

don't go to toys r us in new York time sq worker tiffani McGhee was on cell phone on floor. I ask for help she said she was on phone. she was load about her boyfriend.she was talking about her kids in a bad way. you have workers like that around kids

• Te
                        terlonzo Aug 07, 2013

I was at toys r us in new York time sq a salesperson name tiffani McGhee was on cell phone on floor .ask for help but said she was on phone. you have people like that working for you.

Toys r usovercharges on sales items

Scanner charged MORE than the advertised price. They would only adjust bill, NOT refund the difference x 10, up to $5, per the MI Scanner Law. On 12/21/11 in Toys R Us, Roseville, MI, a large sign displayed the Apples to Apples Party Box game for $17.49 through 12/24/11 with a stack of the games. A store scanner scanned it as $18.19. We spoke with a floor associate, who said the price would be entered properly at check-out and if not, let them know about the mistake, refer them to the sales end cap. The item was purchased along with other items, for a total bill of $55.81. We were improperly charged $18.19 instead of $17.49 for the game! We presented our receipt, along with the sign right from the rack, to the Customer Service Desk. A rep, Sarah, said we could get the overcharge difference, but NOT the $5.00 for consumer pricing law because it didn't apply for sale items! I insisted it did, especially due to the large sale sign. She said a manager would have to come up. The manager appeared, wearing a name tag, we believe it said Sue, Manager. The two huddled together, with their backs to us, and "Sue" took over, but was now wearing no visible tag. She (erroneously) told us the law had changed they did not have to pay the $5.00. We insisted and even showed a wallet size copy of the Scanner Error Bill of Rights. She took the sales sign away, stated "That's ours" and only adjusted our credit card for the price error difference. I took out a pen and paper & asked, "You're a manager?" She said no, she was a representative. I asked "For Toys R Us?" and she said "No, I'm just up here all the time." Basically, she declined to give her name or title. We certainly did not appreciate the concealment of her identity as a "manager". After all, she was called in to make the decision and was very adamant about it on behalf of the store. That decision was in direct violation of the law in Michigan! We are now entitled to sue for the actual damages or $250 (whichever is larger) and reasonable attorney fees, under the law. We politely did everything the law requires of us as consumers, immediately and in person.

Many other customers were also affected by this. Toys R Us is making a tidy sum during the Christmas season on the backs of consumers by charging more for items than the displayed sale signs.

We would like the entire cost of the game in question refunded to us, along with the $5.00 "bonus" provided under the Michigan 2011 Shopping Reform and Modernization Act.

Toys r usbad customer service

I have recently paid my layaway off (Dec 10, 2011), I have been there several times and called several times, the customer service people cannot find the layaway and do not care where it is. I was not told when I put the layaway in at Paducah, KY that is would be sent away 200 miles for keeping, now it looks like it is not going to get here in time for Christmas. I explained to them that it was for Christmas, they could care less. I have always shopped at Toys R Us and this is giving me a very negative outcome of the store. The non caring employees and management are not good for any community.

I live 140 miles round trip from Paducah, and they could care less. Everytime I ask them if I could replace it with something else, the answer is no. We cant help it you are not going to get this in time for the holidays and there is nothing we can or will do. T.R.U. cares more about getting customers to sign up for rewards program & their Instant Credit cards than helping customers with their purchases. They have a quota every day on how many plastic cards that they can get, rather than how many satisfied customers that they can get.

Employees & Customers are treated unfairly. By this I mean that I was taught by a different company that the customer is always right, not at T.R.U. At T.R.U. the company & the higher ups are always right. The customers are treated unfairly. When a customer orders something on-line the website tells them when and where to pick up their merchandise. Our store in the town I live in, in PA., either doesn’t have it in stock when the customer comes to pick it up or there’s always some kind of problem getting that item to the customer.

Very seldom do they have any of the promos in stock or on the shelves. Toys that are to be put back on the shelves, do not have a place for them to go & no price tag for that particular item. Not enough room for all products on the floor. Items are too close to each other.
                        Everything seems “cluttered”

As for the employees: They are either clueless due to the LACK OF NOT BEING ORIENTED ENOUGH or SHOWN the proper procedures. They ALWAYS have to LOOK all over the store for certain toys because they’re employer doesn’t know how to keep things together in certain places. Example: When I went to look for the Cars2 toys I found them in THREE DIFFERENT places (Front of the store, In the Pre-school section & again in the Boys section, it would make it so much easier if I didn’t have to walk all over the store and ask numerous times of where to find them.

The managers of this store aren’t much help when trying to return an item or even for the cashiers or other employees trying to get help for certain reasons to help us customers get our merchandise to take home for our special occasions. One manager yelled at a new employee because she didn’t know how to do something that they probably never showed her how to do. This is sad, I feel sorry for their employees. If they’re new and aren’t shown the proper procedures how are they supposed to do their new jobs?!

T.R.U. needs to know how to keep customers not push them out the door for life!

Chopper6104 Aug 12, 2012

Do the surveys that r on the receipt. That's the only way corporate knows what's going on. Complaining on this message board doesn't change the way a store or company operates.

Toys r usruined my baby's birthday

i ordered my daughters bday gifts to be instore pick up and 3 hrs later got a order cancelation notice because the items were not in the store like they were supposed to be. I called them they refused to let me talk to a supervisor that evening the next day i called and spoke to someone that said he fixed it all items would ship to my home next day...well they didnt only one item shipped the rest were still just sitting at the warehouse when i called back the girl i got put me on hold for a second and said mam i cant find a supervisor we have other customers with issues that are being helped...HELLO i have a 6 yr old that is heart broken she didnt get her bday gifts and they have over 200 bucks of my money WHAT THE HECK!!!

• Li
                              LISABURK Dec 08, 2011

I wish I thought of that before. The reason her birthday was ruined was not because she did not get a gift. The reason was because I told her she was a very naughty girl this year and that is why she did not get any gifts this year. So she was crying on her birthday because she thought she was so naughty that she did not deserve any gifts. That is what makes me angry.

Toys r uson line ordering

What a SCAM!!! I place an order on line for 11 items for shipping and in store pickup. The order went through yesterday and today I get an email canceling 7 or the 11 items for store pickup. When I called customer service I was told to place the order again to see if the items were in stock at a different store. Little did I know that Toys R Us is holding the funds for the items they canceled. I was told the funds would be released in 5 to 7 days!!! How can they hold my money when they have canceled my order??? Customer service is the worst I've ever had to deal with!!! This just puts more stress on my here at Christmas than I should have to deal with!!! I will NEVER walk into another Toys R Us store again!!! They also have FREE SHIPPING splashed all over their web sit but when you read the fine print you find out that it is ONLY up to $20.00!!! Just another SCAM!!!

• Mo
                                moonpies Dec 07, 2011

"They also have FREE SHIPPING splashed all over their web sit but when you read the fine print you find out that it is ONLY up to $20.00!!! Just another SCAM!!!"

how is that a scam? as a consumer it is up to you to read all the details before placing an order.

regarding the funds being held, that is common when you get a refund or cancel an order. Not just with them, but with most places. It isn't Toys R Us that is simply holding the money, it is the credit card company processing the refund that takes a few days to credit your card.

Once they cancel the order, it is out of their hands and is now up to the credit card company to finish the refund process.

Toys r usmy order has been cancelled

I ordered a toy online from Toys R Us for which I opted for a store pickup. After waiting for 2 days I got a mail saying the order has been cancelled. I had planned to give it as a Christmas gift for my nephew. When I checked with the Customer service got a response saying it is out of stock or not available.
                              My questions:
                              1. Why did your system allow me to checkout if you couldn't fulfill the order?
                              2. How come the product is still available for store pick up for a different price?

Toys r usmisleading coupon

Maybe once a month, Toys R Us distributes a book that has some coupons in it. On the front page, they have a coupon that says "Save 20% on ANY on regular-priced baby item. We would love to use it, but the coupon pretty much excludes everything in the store. Listed below are all of the EXCLUSIONS-
                                Excludes all TOYS, baby food, diapers, formula, wipes, unbeatable price! items, Ameda, baby brezza, baby jogger, bob, britax, bugaboo, cybex, ergobaby, mamas and papas, motherhood maternity, nap nanny, pediped, peg perego, phil & teds, robeez, tommeetippee, under armour, electronic learning toys, netbooks, tablets, video game hardware, video games, apple products, fao products, robotgalaxy, buyer protection plan, gift cards, photo studios, phone orders, special orders, assembly fee, breast-pump rental fee, delivery fee, and shipping & handling.

Now please tell me, who in there right mind is going to try and find something to buy that is not on this list. We love and appreciate getting coupons, but come on now! A little ridiculous.

misleading coupon
                                misleading coupon

• Us
                                    User1366755706 Apr 23, 2013

I tried to use one today that was $5 off $25 or more, so it also excluded everything above plus sale items. I walked around the store for nearly 1 hour trying to find something that I needed so that I could use the coupon. The sales people after avoiding me for the first 1/2 hour finally let me ask them a question which was can I use this coupon on the transaction as a whole or do I need to find 1 item $25 or more she said 1 item 1 transaction, then walked away. I looked around some more and walked out ripped up my coupon and threw it by the shopping carts

ConnorIvor Mar 04, 2012

So you could use it on non-name brand items AKA Toys R Us brand items. And if you don't know what those items are, you can always ask. The coupon doesn't state that you must find an item that fits the requirements on your own.

• Ramelle Dec 03, 2011

I don't bother with coupons.

• Ia
                                    I AM ALWAYS RIGHT Dec 03, 2011

Like Faces said.

Toys r usterrible online ordering

My daughters dad tried sending a dsi xl two games and a case for her birthday and ship it to her in mi. turns out u cant deliver to my new adress. so i tried typing in the gift card numbers he gave me myself and order for store pick up. the next day i still didnt have my order conformation for pick up when i called the store they couldnt find the order. so i called 1800toysrus and they told me to call the store. its been two and a half weeks ive been trying to get these for her birthday which is tomorrow june 7th she is expecting a present from her father and will be heart broken because of this. i am very pissed off. This need to be resolved they put it in with some other customer service to try and push it through i dont know what going on but my order number is [protected]. i hope to have this resolved today and i dont plan on shopping here at toys rus again...

ConnorIvor Mar 04, 2012

Why would you let an online experience color your whole outlook of Toys R Us. In store and online are completely separate.