Toyota Scion / fraud, lying to make a sale

1 2167 Central Park AvenueYonkers, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: (914) 779-8700

To make a long story short, I asked if the Scion had day time running lights, was assured it did and bought the car; would not have bought the car without them. Was lied to, Scion doesn't have them on any of their cars. Tried to get my money back due to fraud, was told this was not possible, but they would give me $15, 000 for the $21, 000 I paid because the car was "used". When I made the initial complaint, the car was less than a week old with less than 200 miles on it yet was told it was used. Westchester Toyota wouldn't budge, won't even take my calls and I told them due to being lied to in order to make a sale, I would report them to any place I could come up with. Nobody should be lied to in order to make a sale. Westchester Toyota is the worst kind of business.

De

Comments

• Ha
      5th of Nov, 2008

Well, get this! My mother-in-law went into Freeman Toyota of Hurst, Texas. The sales person along with the fleet manager agreed on a price of a Camry. during the financial process, she was told that the GAP insurance was included on the car at no expense to her. She spent 4 hours in there and just wanted to get home. So, not checking over the contract she signed it only to find out when she got home that the GAP insurance was added to her contract. (apprx. $274). Take about fraud and being lied to!

I will investigate our options. My concern now is, "How many others have added cost on their contracts?"

Toyota lost me as a buyer and my kids as well. I take bets the grand kids will not buy one either.

• Bu
      10th of Sep, 2009

A car is used as soon as it is purchased. They cant resell it as new since the title has been sent out to be put in the finance company's name. So that is irrelevent to argue about. Also, what is the concern about daytime running lights. Sorry, I'm just trying to see the justification of returning a otherwise good car because it doesnt have daytime running lights. Not to be rude, but you can't expect a salesman to be the know every answer. You have access to the internet, I'd suggest doing some research next time before you make such a large purchase such as a car.

It's hard to agree with someone that doesn't understand that they are at fault. Its your responsibility to know what you are buying. That salesman sees you as a means to pay his bills. He sells you a car and probably never gives you a second thought. It sucks, but thats the way of the game. Good luck though.

• Bu
      10th of Sep, 2009

To Hardball, I'm sorry for your situation, but like you said, she didn't read the contract. That's on her. Too bad.

• Do
      24th of Dec, 2009

Wow, the stupidity in the original post shocks me. Do some research before going out blindly to buy a car. Plus you were at the dealership. Wouldn't it be easy to just go into one of the scions and see if it had daytime running lights. Car is still considered new, meaning the car didn't transfer from dealership to buyer at all. More than likely the car was bought or they swapped new vehicles with another dealership. Hence the miles from driving it from the other dealership.