Toyota Motor Corporation / hertrich toyota milford delaware service department

1 1367 Bay Road, Milford Delaware 19963Milford, DE, United States

On 01/07/2019, I dropped my 2014 toyota tundra off at the hertrich toyota in milford delaware for service and an issue with a noise while engaged in 4x4. Prior to, I had attempted to engage my 4x4 and heard a clunking. I immediately disengaged the 4x4 back into 2x4. I was in wv and drove all the way back to delaware without any issues.
I made an appointment with the service department of hertrich toyota in milford. My truck has a leveling kit with bigger wheels and tires, so therefore my warranty claim was immediately declined. On the ticket, the service tech. Wrote that my front differential was blown out, a major job.in fact they wrote a service ticket with a quote of approximately $2, 300 in parts and another 5.5 hrs in labor which would have me just over $3000 for the job. The service manager advised that a warranty manager would be by in a few days to check my truck and verify if in fact they would deny the warranty claim or honor my warranty. So for several more days my truck sat in the parking lot of hertrich until I got a call from the service manager who advised that the warranty manager put my truck in drive and reverse and could hear a noise coming from the differential and due to the fact that my truck was altered they would not honor the warranty.
Thus far, the dealership has told me it was my front differential which was blown out. My truck sat for several days before a warranty manager finally made it out only to tell me I was out of luck and my extended warranty in which I paid for was no good. The service manager was not friendly and offered me no solution to my problem. I was frantic because $3000 dollars was a significant price tag and my truck only had 48, 000 miles, was a 2014 and with still a factory warranty and on top of that an extended warranty.
I was forced to have my truck towed to sound fx, where I had my leveling kit installed to see if they could offer a solution.in five minutes a technician was able to find that my front cv axle was broken, not my differential. This fix would cost a fraction of a differential replacement.
My whole point to this complaint is that, had I had $3000 to pay for my truck and said, ok, fix it, because I need transportation hertrich would have gone ahead and replaced my differential when it did not even need replaced.
The credibility of the service manager and the technicians has been compromised and I will never bring my truck to them for any kind of maintenance.

Ch