TJX / T.J. Maxx / lucas luggage

1 Haines City, FL, United States Review updated:

I purchased a piece of Lucas Luggage at the TJ Maxx store in Winter Haven Florida in April of this year to be used on a trip in the fall. I went on the trip as planned but the Lucas Luggage developed a rip and interior protrusion midway through the trip. I had to use duct tape to keep the luggage secure for the return flight. The luggage had a 5 year warranty when I bought it but when I took it back to the store I was told by the manager that TJMaxx did not accept returns after 30 days and that they did not honor manufacturers warranties. I did not consider my problem to be a "return" but a claim against my warranty. If TJ Maxx is not going to honor warranties then they should not be affixed to items. I bought this item in part because of the warranty. I feel duped over the whole transaction. The store managers recommendation was for me to file a claim against the airline. So much for customer service.

He
Nov 2, 2016

Comments

• La
      3rd of Nov, 2016

What part of manufacturer warranty do you not get? The warranty is not from the store, it is from the manufacturer. Call them. And yes, file a claim with the airline.

Lord, are people this thick?

24th of Jan, 2017

As a TJ Maxx employee - a customer service coordinator, to be exact - I can assure you that the manager was correct in refusing your return. Our return policy IS a 30 day policy, and furthermore, we do NOT accept used or worn merchandise for return, ESPECIALLY when it is THOROUGHLY USED and OUTSIDE of the 30 day return policy. Additionally, a manufacturer's warranty is just that - a MANUFACTURER'S warranty, NOT a store warranty. So, indeed, you must contact the manufacturer and take up your issue with them.