Time Warner / false advertising; spurious billing issues
Time Warner states in clear, precise and unambiguos language on its website that all services are paid in advance of usage. I canceled my service after reading the FAQS on the website and communicating with an on-line TW rep under the belief that my service was paid before usage only to be hit with a $108.00 bill after I canceled.
In addition, they charged me $120.00 for a modem for internet service I never had. When I objected, they said it was for AOL internet service but their modem. I told them I never had an AOL DSL and demanded copies of all work orders and bills associated with this account.
I HAVE NEVER used AOL. Rather. I had AT&T internet. They claim I used the service for 5 years!! Now, they have turned the account over to a third party collection agency.
After I contacted the Mayor's office, they told me I misunderstood the on-line rep even though the rep said the same thing as the TW FAQS.
I am still waiting for some form of proof that I ever used the internet service but am being harrassed by phone and mail for unreturned equipment, that is. The modem.
More Time Warner Complaints & Reviews
- Time Warner Cable Pay Express - online payment is a rip-off! 
- Time Warner Cable - picture loss, poor quality 
- Time Warner Cable - false promotion 
- Time Warner Cable - price lock guarantee and $100 cash back 
- Time Warner Cable - $100 gift cards 
- Time Warner Cable - bill increase
- Time Warner Cable - billing
- Time Warner Cable - internet
- Time Warner Cable - customer service
- Time Warner Cable - television cable service