Complaints & Reviews

Resolved they're spreading cockroaches

On Tuesday, April 15, 2008 a Time Warner representative came to our home to install the digital telephone modem which would also provide our internet service.

My husband observed an insect walking on the modem box and asked what it was and the employee seemed dazed and confused.

After the installer left, my husband and I saw cockroach after cockroach emerge from the modem. We killed them as quickly as we could.

We have never seen roaches in our house before. Our house is free-standing and many yards away from neighbour homes.

I called Time Warner insisting that they come to remove the modem. The woman I spoke with insisted that I had to be wrong and that it was impossible for cockroaches to be in the modem. She refused my request that Time Warner come on the following day to remove and replace the offending modem, which housed a swarm of roaches.

We wrapped the modem up in plastic and duct tape.

On Saturday, April 19, 2008 when the representative came to replace the modem, we had arranged for a witness to be with us.

We took the modem to the front porch, removed the plastic bag, and a number of cockroach bodies fell out. The Time Warner worker agreed that modems sometimes came from other people’s homes and were reused. He suggested that the modem may have first been used in a contaminated home or that it was possible that the first installer may have had cockroaches in his truck.

In the meantime, cockroaches of all sizes and ages are in our home study. We try to kill them as we can. We would not have had this infestation were it not for the Time Warner modem.

matt Aug 01, 2008

This is so freaking funnny as hell.

Yeah TWC gets the bad wrap but what folks fail to realize is it is not easy to serve a city like say the size of San Antonio Texas with a million and a half people. I realize this is their job but anyone has to admit it wouldnt be an easy task to please all one million plus customers.

I have had time warner, direct tv and Att Uverse and I can honestly tell anyone the best was Direct Tv except they do not offer a good internet that is affordable. ATT is pretty good but their internet is more rliable but not as fast as TWC at all.

TWC without a doubt has the fastest internet at least in San Antonio Texas. They do have service issues but so does ATT especial ISP services the fact is the internet goes down sometimes and I know it makes all us so darn mad but it happens.

The one true complaint that I would have with TWC is the channel line up is so scattered out. I really miss Direct TV and Uverse for the ease in finding channels because they group like channels togehter so nicely especially Direct TV or Dish

As for the roaches, lol, oh well hey it happens when you have that many customers you have to reuse equipment to stay in business and make a profit. And in all fairness TWC and all companies do hire contractors there is no way to monitor where a modem has been. And OF COURSE it could have roaches in it, just as something you purchase from a garage sale or even store could have. That is why they have a service called exterminating pest control.

TWC is a very large company so yes they get lots of complaints of course. I like to compare to the old Linux verses Windows freaks.
    What these Linux freaks fail to realize: OF course Linux doesnt get hacked or as many viruses as windows what Hacker in his right mind would want to hack an operating system that has 100 people using it compared to millions using Windows

Resolved Do not use Charter

I started my undesirable experience with this company after relocating to a new town and finding out they have no competitors, and if I wanted cable internet, they were my only choice. I had my ticket to be hooked up with internet & regular extended basic cable, and they somehow didn't know to hook up the internet, instead thinking I asked for digital cable. I had to call them back & wait on a different day to get internet finally hooked up, after finding out they didn't even put my ticket in right.

After moving to a new address again after 6 months, I had the now "old" account and the "new account". They were supposed to close my old account from the other place because for some reason they couldn't just transfer my service & not charge me a new hook-up fee. Further down the road about 3 months, I had been paying my bill online with the SAME login & password from my old account with no problems, and nothing went wrong until for some reason they decided all of a sudden to start my latest payment to my old account and not my new one. In the mean time they issued me a check from my old account, didn't inform me of anything, and I ended up with an overdue balance plus late fees on my new account. I have tried to get the late fee taken off for the principle of the whole argument, and yes, they said it was taken off, so I got my bill this month and the late fee wasn't taken off. I would call, but I never get anyone who speaks understandable English or knows what to actually do, like issue credit on my account for the late fee.

While on the phone with the customer service department to try to fix my bill, getting transferred to different people and getting cut off constantly and having to call back and explain everything over and over again, they kept trying to get me to switch to one of their new bundle offers that was 10$ a month less than what I was currently paying. I finally said I'd switch to their digital cable package. Now that I have the new digital service, my channels keep cutting out constantly, my on demand movies are all skippy & pixellated when I do order them to the point they are unwatchable. I would call customer service, but I suppose that's how they treat their customers is to have such terrible service you just give up trying to get anything done with them and they can have the time to think of new ways to add insult to injury to their remaining unfortunate customers.

I am a terribly dissatisfied customer and have been telling everyone I can NOT to use Charter if they can avoid them.

• Mi
    Mike Feb 19, 2009

We have been having troubles with our email so we contacted charter who stated the accounts e mail was blocked do to sending to much mail, .we explained what happened and why ect. Then we were told be "Mike" Badge # 16927" that he will see the we dont send another email from this account, because we to make a new business account, The business dept said we will be able to send mail we just needed to send in copies of email we sent, we did so many many times, and after jumping through several hoops we still had not been able to send email... come to find out Mike had them put a permanent block on our mail... well Mike you just lost a customer and a vocal one that will let others know CHARTER FAILS at customer service. You may have heard 1 un-happy customer tells 10 who tell more who also tells more... I will tell many more than 10... i will post on blogs and talk about the poor customer service from charter on a daily bases... for a long time to come... Good Luck Charter you need it with that kind of customer service...

strange charges and other crap

When we moved here i found out that time warner was the only cable company available. We have dish network and like it, but we needed internet and a phone. The first time i called i was told they had to do a service availability request, and the csr saw that my neighbor has twc but they have to come anyway. It is supposed to take three days. A week later i call and get someone with an indian accent and is rude. He tells me not to call as it takes ten days for the service request.
Three days after that (A total of ten days) i call and talk to john. He tells me there has been no request put in. By the way he sounds like he is eating and out of breath which is not something i like to hear over the phone. So he puts in a new request and says to call back in about a week. Two days later the twc van pulls up in the driveway, i see him write something down, and he drives away. Ten minutes later i get an automated phone call from twc that says " service is available in your area, please press one to be connected. . . We have a special that ends on this date. . . Etc"
Excited, i call back and talk to a woman who informs me that the service request has not been completed, and it takes a few days for the tech to put it in the computer. When asked about the message, i was told it was an error.
Two weeks and many phone calls later, i get a call from john, who still sounded out of breath, and he said that (Surprise!!) service is indeed available. So i set up the bundle for $99 for the cable, phone and internet. They were supposed to come out next tuesday (He called on a tuesday) between 8am and 12pm.
Ten minutes later, john calls back, and left a message that phone service was not available in my area, and that they would still honor the $29. 99 price for internet and cable. He also said he had a friday am appointment available, and if i wanted that then to call and reschedule.
I called back and talked to a woman to tell them i did not want to reschedule, she said fine, and that was that.
Friday at around 10am, i hear knocking. It is pouring rain out and i open the door to see a guy in all white, driving a plain white truck. He says in a very heavy spanish accent that his name is jose, he is time warner and he is here to install my cable. I tell him my appoinment is on tuesday and i am about to leave. He thanks me, and says i am doing him a favor since it is raining, and leaves. The next day i get a phone call from twc, saying the tech was unable to make contact with me and when do i want to reschedule.
I tell them i called and made sure my appt was tuesday, and i was told that it had indeed been changed to friday and the next available date was thursday.
Early thursday, jose shows back up, walks in and asks where i want the cable installed. We had dish cables running in the walls, so he assumed he could use those. I informed him that we were keeping those cables as i had paid for the next couple of months of dish, i want new lines run, and he was less than thrilled. He then tells me he will be drilling holes in my floor. I tell him we want them in the walls. He goes on a rampage about how i should have told them that when i made the appointment, that he didn't want to do it, and he wasn't qualified, and that it would take too long. And that it costs $40 per wall. He then walks out the door after fussing at me for my lack of something, and leaves.
My husband then calls twc. About five minutes after he leaves i get a call from a very nice southern woman from the local office. She asked what happened, then apologizes several times and says jose is one of the best techs and didn't know why he would say these things. I told her that i knew why. He is a subcontractor and gets paid per job, not per hour. She apoligized some more and told me they would make it right, and we would not be charged for the wall outlets since i had so much hassle, and was told intallation was free. (I asked when i set up the appointment if there would be any charges for installation, the modem, etc, and was told no it was all no charge)
A few minutes later two guys show up, who were very nice. Within an hour they had everything up and going. However there was a problem at the pole outside and was informed that someone would be coming out in a couple of days to fix it, and our cable would be fuzzy until then.
Fast forward a few weeks. I have had internet problems, cable problems, another visit from the nice techs, endless conversations with not so nice call center reps and am waiting now for them to come switch out a bad digital box. We were told that we would be credited for services since our box has been messing up for over a week. And i just got a bill for over $300 and haven't even had the service for a month! I have spent more time on the phone with them than using their services. If i had another provider i would not be with twc, but they are a monopoly in my area. What do i do?

• Ro
    Roberta Whitacre Dec 11, 2008

I have had very similar problems and you are correct about the contractors; they do not even work for Time Warner and the one here to install the digital phone was here for 6 hrs. and it still did not get connected. The next day a Time Warner technician got it working. Here is my deal in a nutshell
    1. bundle package would have saved me about 55 dollars per month because of the phone company charges; that is why I took the package.
    2. I have a desktop and a laptop; when they connected the internet it only works on the laptop and told me I would have to buy a usb wireless internet adapter for my desktop which I did not have to do with the phone company but If I don't buy it they will charge me an extra $5 a month to use theirs.
    They are using my own router but there are no charges removed for doing so.
    3. I have had this for less than 3 weeks and it has been nothing but problems. today the 5th technician will be here because I have not had showtime for days.
    I have already had a new modem put in by one technician, a new cable box, then because they wanted to put the digital phone modem close to the phone jack they put it upstairs instead of working on the ones downstairs because it might take a little more work in my opinion.
    When I ordered this bundle I was not asked one question about my computers; whether they were desktop or laptops? Whether the os was Windows or Vista; absolutely nothing. So, this technician tells me I won't be able to use Vista with the RR e-mail, and of course the desktop would have to have the wireless adapter. Well, when I had the phone co. for dsl internet the modem sat on top of the desktop computer that has XP with my router on top of it so when I bought my new laptop with Vista which I did not have a choice because they had stopped putting xp on computers and put Vista instead. Anyway, I had no problem with the dsl and it worked on both computers. I have already received a bill even though they have given me a $20 credit due to the problems but that is not enough. They just keep saying, oh once everything is going right you will love it. I know this will sound funny to some but I have post traumatic stress syndrome and this does not help anything. I finally just broke down and cried one day for a couple of hours because nothing was going right, I was sick of calling customer service and I was definitely tired of the service in the Phillipines. One of their workers told me she could not understand me and I screamed back I did not understand her either. I have been so nice except for that time but I am at the end of my rope and if this is not fixed quick I may keep the cable because I have no choice here but I will go back to the phone company. I would never recommend anything that time warner offers to anyone. Sorry this is so long but it helps to talk about it.
    Thanks
    The two time warner technicians have had nothing good to say about the contracting installers because they do not know as much so hire more trained people instead of trying to get away with installers that don't know that much and then technicians have to come out anyway and fix the problem; talk about economy. This cannot be economical for anyone.

terrible experience!

I made an appt for repair of my cable. I called a month ago for this problem and they said by sending a new...

Resolved Lousy service and email

Charter Internet is awful!

Charter Internet has the worst online email I have ever experienced. More frequently I cannot log into the service when I try. Sending email from their web interface is pointless, since their javascript-based interface usually fails to initialize and just shows an error message. Also, with all the money I'm spending per month, I have to watch their crappy advertising that they place alongside every email.

Now, adding more insults, users are being forced to log in through Charter's home page, laden with annoying ads and news.

We are now switching to gmail accounts. When we have gotten pretty confident that everyone who we email is now using or at least aware of those accounts, we're pulling the plug on Charter and getting a different, and less expensive ISP.

poor customer service!

I am so sick and tired of twc and their consistent poor customer service. The only reason that we keep the...

customer no-service!

Leon (Sun Mar 2 14:51:38 EST 2008)>Re Rachel Elam, 7323 Anaca point road.I want to register a formal complaint for the service I have received in Wilmington. I switched to you for digital phone and road runner on 2/05/08. Installation was delayed over a week past the scheduled time, no real problem, After about a week the phone went out and was resolved over the phone, again ok except for over 45 minutes of my cell phone time, mostly on hold. Then on Wed night 2/27/09, the phone and road runner both went out and was reported to you on Thursday am. After another 30-40 minutes of cell phone time, it was decided you would have to send a service man out. He came out Friday AM, and spent about 1 1 /2 hours inside and could not find the problem. He said the problem is in the line on the pole, so someone would be out later in the day to fix it. Now it's Sunday. I called your customer no-service line and again spent another 40 minutes of my cell time again. I was told they would send out a lineman out today to fix it. I gave them my cell phone number to call (since I don't have a home phone). Shortly after I called, my wife saw a truck in our driveway, He sat there for a short time, then drove away without even getting out of the truck

Bottom line is: I have over two hours in cell charges, A total waste of my time Friday waiting on service, No telephone or internet service since last Wednesday. Another waste of time today. I WON'T CALL YOU AGAIN. IF IT IS NOT FIXED TODAY, I WILL BE SWITCHING BACK TO MY FORMER PROVIDER. Which by the way, I only had one outage with them over a 10 year period and it was resolved the same day.

Leon Elamint Road, Wilmington, NC 28411 phone # [protected].

Leon (Sun Mar 2 14:51:40 EST 2008)>Re Rachel Elam, 7323 Anaca PoI want to register a formal complaint for the service I have received in Wilmington. I switched to you for digital phone and road runner on 2/05/08. Installation was delayed over a week past the scheduled time, no real problem, After about a week the phone went out and was resolved over the phone, again ok except for over 45 minutes of my cell phone time, mostly on hold. Then on Wed night 2/27/09, the phone and road runner both went out and was reported to you on Thursday am. After another 30-40 minutes of cell phone time, it was decided you would have to send a service man out. He came out Friday AM, and spent about 1 1 /2 hours inside and could not find the problem. He said the problem is in the line on the pole, so someone would be out later in the day to fix it. Now it's Sunday. I called your customer no-service line and again spent another 40 minutes of my cell time again. I was told they would send out a lineman out today to fix it. I gave them my cell phone number to call (since I don't have a home phone). Shortly after I called, my wife saw a truck in our driveway, He sat there for a short time, then drove away without even getting out of the truck

Leon Elamint Road, Wilmington, NC 28411 phone # [protected].

Leon (Sun Mar 2 14:52:14 EST 2008)>I want to register a formal complaint for the service I have received in Wilmington. I switched to you for digital phone and road runner on 2/05/08. Installation was delayed over a week past the scheduled time, no real problem, After about a week the phone went out and was resolved over the phone, again ok except for over 45 minutes of my cell phone time, mostly on hold. Then on Wed night 2/27/09, the phone and road runner both went out and was reported to you on Thursday am. After another 30-40 minutes of cell phone time, it was decided you would have to send a service man out. He came out Friday AM, and spent about 1 1 /2 hours inside and could not find the problem. He said the problem is in the line on the pole, so someone would be out later in the day to fix it. Now it's Sunday. I called your customer no-service line and again spent another 40 minutes of my cell time again. I was told they would send out a lineman out today to fix it. I gave them my cell phone number to call (since I don't have a home phone). Shortly after I called, my wife saw a truck in our driveway, He sat there for a short time, then drove away without even getting out of the truck

Leon Elam.

Resolved harassing advertising phone calls!

I've been receiving automated advertisement calls from Time Warner for over a year. The caller ID say...

no phone service, no dial tone

Have had no phone service all day, when connected to tech. site provided by TimeWarner via the internet, I...

bad customer service, bad picture quality!

Charter cable have bad service both in picture quality and customer service. We are switching from Direct TV...

Scam policy!

I applied for Roadrunner and was very pleased at the expertise of the company in signing me up for service, BUT... When the day came for the Tech. to come to my house it was a know show. Even though they had two ways to notify me by phone and also the fact that I was at home waiting after taking unpaid time off from work, I was not notified of their cancellation. When I tried to contact them for a reason I found it almost impossible. I tried Chat, E-mail, phone calls etc. until I acted as if I was a new customer calling about newer service. When I talked with a rep. I was informed that they I tried to call me but I was not Home. BULL!!! Also that there would be a $37 installation fee. I had been told this was free. After complaining about this the charge was easily dropped. Glad I complained! Now I have to be home between 8 AM & 8 PM on Sat. to get my service. Best they could do she said... If I had not spent $80 on a required modem I would stick with DSL. I am truly disappointed and skeptical now. I was thinking about Cable TV, BUT...

poor service!

We have had issues with our service from them for at least two years! We have made numerous calls, sometimes two and three times a week. The problem still is not fixed, and when you call them, you get the run around. You are not put to a supervisor that will take care of the problem, nor do they call when they say they're going to call. As of right now I am paying for phone services that aren't even working! they were supposed to call 30 mins. before they came out to fix it, and they did not call so that I could be there! They refused to get someone out tonight to fix the problem that started three days ago when a feature started not working right! Seeing how I cannot call them from my home phone because it is not working, I actually had to pay to call them from a pre-paid cellular phone! This is un acceptable for a company this large, who makes it out to be that they are the best, when they cannot even fix a problem that has been going on for two years. They expect us to pay the bill, but they are not holding up to get the problem fixed. A supervisor has even went as far as saying that she was going to disconnect our service because they are too lazy to get it fixed correctly! Yet when the technicians do come out they tell us there is a problem and the company is ignoring it!

overcharge, rate increase for no reason!

In June 2007, I signed up for the Digital Phone Service that Time Warner offers. At the time of ordering, I...

poor service, missed appointments & idiot service man

We have had Charter for a little over a year. We signed up for their phone/internet/cable bundle for $99.95 per month. My advice to you: DON'T DO IT!

The entire time we have had their service, both the phone and internet consistently go down. When I call, they tell me to reset the main modem. Then they tell me that they can not get a signal for the modem and that the modem is bad and needs to be replaced. They set up an appointment for a tech to come out; sometimes he shows, mostly he doesn't. I spend the whole day waiting for someone who never shows up! When I call to tell them no one came, they give me the run-around and set a new appointment. Now I have to wait again for someone who may or may not show up.

When the tech gets here, he asks me what he's here for and how to fix it. If I knew how to fix the problem, I wouldn't have called it in!! He's a jerk and rude while he's here. Finally, he tells me there is nothing wrong and that he will NOT replace the modem even though that's one of the reasons he's here!

They sent this idiot to my house more than 4 times! I finally told them to not send him again otherwise I would send him away. Thank goodness they've gotten THAT part right!

As if a year of this wasn't enough, right before Christmas, they disconnected my internet! I called to ask them why and they told me that I haven't been paying my bill. That's funny considering I have the past bills and the cancelled checks to prove it! Not to mention the fact that they told me there was no past due balance! They did not disconnect the cable or the phone; just the internet.

Oh yeah. The bundle was for a year, but they started charging me full price for everything before the year was up. Their response: OH WELL!

Charter is a joke and a big waste of time. If the offer sounds good to you, don't do it!!! You'll be sorry!!!

I can't wait until AT&T has high speed internet in my area...

• Mm
    MMMDLM Jun 28, 2010

6/28/2010
    In the history of my account I have willingly accepted every recommended upgrade and device you have offered to optimize services here. I am a contractor and often my bosses require me to work from home. I have had multiple techs come out and review the set up in my home, at my pole, and see all of my devices.
    To date I am not receiving even half of the offered services. I was notified today that my equipment that I rent from you was not able to support the upgrades you sold me and was never told this at the time of the upgrade offers.
    I have two ongoing and constant issues with services. Charter has ONE MAJOR ISSUE regarding services.
    My issue:
    1. Connections- After it rains, I always have to call in and get someone to help us get back on line. We try resetting things but, it doesn’t work. We have phone with you as well and it also is offline not just the internet.
    2. Speed- I HAVE NEVER received the speed at the level you sell me. I have paid for your installs, for your equipment, for better lines and every concoction you have offered and have come to expect subpar services. Which brings me to the major issue of Charter:
    3. COMMUNICATION- I call in and tell someone about my issues and you can seem to get me connected but, can never seem to get me up to par on speeds. The customer service group and the technicians do not tell the same information or provide a string of understanding for me as a customer.
    I was told TODAY by the customer service tech my current device can provide a guaranteed 16mg speed.
    I told the CSR I am not even getting that speed.
    She tells me that I need to get a modem upgrade.

I learn from the tech the modem upgrade downgrades me in fact because I will have to be wireless at my own expense.
    I learn from my tech that from the pole hardwired in I can only get up to 14m which is more than I have ever maintained.
    He tells me that the only way to go to 16mg is to maybe go hardwired on that device that I have now.

The CSR says I will get 16mg and can even get more on the device I have now.
    The CSR says I am to call in every time my speed is a problem.
    The calls last long and just like today, the problem is not resolved.

I would not recommend Charter, I do not think Charter is a fair company.
    I should have been told every time I was upgraded what I should expect, how to test it, and how to resolve it. That message should be the same regardless of who I talk to.

I had to find my own speed test and was never told by Charter how to measure the speed.
    I had to wait 3 weeks for a tech from the time I last called.
    The notes listed on my account are often incomplete and then the CSR will say this is all I show. I am held hostage to those records but cannot contribute to them nor am I able to audit them or sign off the requested work.

I do not know how refunds are calculated.
    I am not given any information that leads to a measurable process.

MOST OF ALL if I do not red flag a service issue, you do not monitor the services. If I say I have been sluggish I am reprimanded for not calling in. I call in and my time is wasted and issues are not resolved.

I do not have optimal speed. A tech left my house without my speed issue addressed. The CSR talked over me and did not tell me how the issue would be resolved.

I see the solution as so very concrete.
    Sell a service. Explain it to the customer. Show them how to monitor and measure it for accuracy. Show them how to post a recorded complaint that they can put into their words so if and when discrepancies arrive it is their own words and writing.

If you offer a service with new technologies then realize the customer will begin to migrate to those IE: Wireless. If you offer more speed do not offer it unless you offer it WITH the new technologies.
    If it is optional to have wireless, make a customer sign or validate they were aware of it.

Because Charter can bring high speeds, offer wireless, and bundle services; you should implement steps of agreements so the client validates they understand these services.
    You are cheating so many when you use their service calls as a chance to upgrade and do not make the salesperson accountable. That person who is paid commission to sell that service is not going to blunder the deal by telling the customer the constraints.

If you sell a service IE speed increases and do not tell a customer how to measure it; how can you place the responsibility on the customer to tell you that it is not up to speed?

I want a full review of this complaint.
    I feel I deserve a refund for services from the 2009 upgrade to date on services and a refund for the equipment rental fees.
    I feel like you should put it back in your lap to get me the speed and technologies and services I want and do it in a way you can measure it and I can measure it as well.

I do not find the way Charter is currently operating to be reputable or customer oriented.

• Fe
    fedupwithfools Apr 27, 2011

Charter.tech came and installed Digido so I could use my Ipod with WI-FI whatever that is..Tech was interested other things and very little with the install. The next day when I started my pc I get this Digido is not working and to close the program, which I need to do everytime is I start using my pc. I called to report this and I get that old woman that you haft to shout at to what you want and then you haft to repeat it over to her..I went to chat and told my problem and she gives me a number to call about this. I call and get this fool that you cannot understand and told him about this. His respondence is that it in my pc, not with charter..What a group idiots..I time will be up in Nov. this year and I am for sure going to get rid of them for everything. I wished now that I had not got their service bundle full of lies, but it will not happen again. So now I have a program that does not work and charged a high fee to do it.

• Mc
    mcanton May 19, 2011

Im dealing with the same exact issue - did you ever get resolution??? SAME EXACT STORY HERE!

criminal router hijacking!

I work for a home security company that has broadband security systems. Many people buy routers so that they can use multiple computers on one high speed internet connection. This is a necessity for our broadband system, as we don't have a built in router and passthrough port in our system. The problem is that i have run into several cases where the software that comes with the time/warner cable does something HIGHLY MALICIOUS. It detects to see if there is a "local network", looking for other computers on the network. Then, if it does detect them, it uses Universal Plug and Play to create some kind of routing table where the PC running the software gets a live internet address, and everyone else inside gets a local DHCP address. It completely kills the NAT. So, no other computers will work behind the router.

Now, why in the hell should a customer pay an additional $30 a month to use their home security system on their high speed internet? That's what they're doing. I've looked all over google and I can't find a single person who has identified this. Either it's too new, or no one has been smart enough to catch them at their game.

I think its criminal. They bought a router. Then Time Warner's software completely destroys the purpose of that router.

Kind of steaming on this.

Mark.

• Da
    David Watson Jan 09, 2008

I hate Time Warner. They are a bunch of crooks. We cancelled our service with them a year and a half ago for home security. A month ago they started sending us bills for current charges. I'm going to forward these bill on to the NC States Attorney General Office along with a complaint.

• Vi
    Vincent Dec 02, 2008

Latency is terrible and speeds do not hit what the service is rated for. This has been happening for too long and is becoming very frustrating.

Andy Apr 09, 2009

This is to inform you that there is a serious problem with RoadRunner's proposed "broadband pricing based on usage" that I hope you will be able to have someone of authority check out and verify. I believe this will have severe unexpected consequences for users of Time Warner RoadRunner Internet services.
    Previous to this time I was a subscriber to Frontier DSL High Speed Internet Service. I switched over to RoadRunner approximately 2 years ago and up until now, have been very happy with their High Speed (10MB) Internet service. Having been a Frontier DSL customer previously, I know that what I am about to explain does not occur with their service, as I have also monitored my Ethernet adapter at the time I had DSL and their modem does not cause these constant connections.
    The Application I am using now and in the past to monitor this is called AIDA32. It is Freeware and is available for anyone at a number of places just by typing in "AIDA32+freeware" in a Google or other search engine, though I would suggest either here
    or here
    This is an older system information application that is easy to install/uninstall and use, with no spyware or adware or viruses of any kind, and works on all Windows editions (except the 64 bit).
    I mention this application as I doubt that whatever “gauge” Time Warner comes up with to measure broadband usage will take into account the following...

This is to let you know that anyone with RoadRunner broadband is using a minimum of 1.3 Gigabytes a month (this is based on only having one computer on 5 hours a day) just by being connected to a Time Warner RoadRunner Modem. You do not have to even open a web browser to achieve this! All that is needed is to turn on your PC or Laptop.
    The cause of this is the constant connection between RoadRunner's modem and DHCP server and the network card in every PC. This connection uses an astounding 9MB per hour all by itself!

Here are the figures for a single computer, any version of Windows, with NO network and NO wireless connectivity. (the numbers are much higher if you have either or both, and multiplied by the number of computers connected)

9 MB per hour @ 5 hrs per day = 45 MB per day. 45 MB per day X 30 days = 1350 MB per month. There are 1024 MB in a Gigabyte thus 1350 MB divided by 1024MB = 1.3 Gigabytes per month usage WITHOUT ever opening a browser!

Remember, this is a low estimate, as a majority of people ARE connected to a home network either by a cable or wireless.
    Any person can easily run the above application on as many computers as they have at the same time, and verify this for themselves. Just remember not to go on the Internet for a period of 1 hr so you can get an accurate amount of Bytes Received from this application.
    All you need to do in the AIDA32 application is open "Network" then click on "Windows Network" and watch the "Bytes Received" counter do it's thing.
    Advanced users can use a "packet sniffer" to verify this.

I consider this a grave deception by Time Warner, as most people (almost all) have no understanding of the way a computer internet connection works, and will just pay the extra money or upgrade to a tier that supports their usage according to what Time Warner tells them they are using. The statement from Time Warner that this should not affect most users of their broadband service may be true, if you do nothing but check your email, but the “devil is in the details” is the appropriate phrase I think belongs here, and so far, the “details” have been hidden.

• De
    DemonI Oct 20, 2009

Now I know why I'm having so many problems getting my router working.
    I'm getting really sick of TW's garbage service and support.
    I can't wait for FIOS to be available in my neighborhood.

overcharging and stolen property.

I have the Charter Cable Television, High Speed Internet, and Telephone Bundle package that is supposed to be...

Resolved a cult of snakes

If I may refer to the 10 deadly plagues of God, such as the lotust swarm and the river of blood, Charter Communications would be the 11th plague. They are a monopoly, seeing as how so many people were robbed of their good service with the companies they were with before Charter came along and bought them all. Every single person who answers the customer service lines speak less english than my 6 year old sister. The lies they tell are endless, and most blood boilingly frustrating of all, is their service. My internet connection has had Intermittency (service goes on and off every few minutes) for about 2 months. Then to add to it, there is supposedly a "massive" outage in the Duluth, GA area. Of course Charter couldn't care any less. Why? Because they know that they are the only high speed cable provider in the area, and people who are accustomed to 5meg dont want to downgrade to DSL which barely hits 1.5meg. But I will warn you now, and God Bless me for the countless people I may help, that if Charter is the only provider in your area, PLEASE go for DSL or even Dialup. The stress this corporation has given me has made me a smoker again. The inexplicable happiness I will feel when this company goes bankrupt may just give me a heart attack. You have been warned folks, stay away from this cult of shady, incompetent, dung beetles. I spit on this company. If you think I'm overreacting, please pleasure youself to the MILLIONS of complaints posted all over the internet about Charter.

Resolved numerous problems with charter communications

Let me start off by saying thank you for taking the time to read this. Please bare with me. I hope that...

5 comments Saint Louis Park Internet Providers

telemarketing harassment

I am being harassed by the idiots at Comcast (formerly Time Warner) via my cell phone. The number that repeatedly calls me is [protected].

Calling back that number will give you a sales rep claiming it's their marketing department and there is nothing that they can do. Nice cop out eh? Friggin' calloused ###s!

The beyatch from Comcast suggested that I register with the National Do-Not-Call Registry. However that takes 31 DAYS for it to become effective (if it ever does, as these idiots from Comcast obviously don't play by the rules).

I think that I will start my own harassment campaign and set up a PC zombie army to ping and email the crap out of their IP and email addresses.

Sorry ###!

Bazooka Bob Out
Caller ID: [protected]

• Ba
    Bazooka Bob Nov 28, 2007

These are the turd Telemarketers that have hit residential telephone lines or cell phone numbers in Texas with unlawful prerecorded telephone solicitations.. This information is provided as assistance to others for purposes of identification of those responsible for the calls.

These ### are working for COMCAST aka: Time Warner Cable out of Houston. Comcast knows full well what is going on but they fail to do anything about it. It's all about $$$ with Comcast and they don't care what laws or toes that they step on or who they harass. It's harassment to call somebody repeatedly with computer generated calls on a daily basis on their cell phones, it's also ILLEGAL. But does the greedmongers at Comcast care?

The first number has been disconnected, the 2nd has messkin's answering it and they play dumb. The third has an answering machine.

If someone were to SIGN-UP this person and their address for HUNDREDS of subscriptions to magazine and the like using those postage-free subscriber cards it would be similar to what they are doing to everybody else by harassing them on their cell and land line phones (it is ILLEGAL to call cell phones). I can't imagine anyone doing that though! ;^P

Texas Telemarketing Inc. aka: TTI

Shirly McCormick – Registered Agent
    Caller ID: 713-341-1000

• Ba
    Bazooka Bob Nov 28, 2007

I am being harassed by the idiots at Comcast (formerly Time Warner) via my cell phone. The number that repeatedly calls me is 713-341-1000.

Sorry ###!

Bazooka Bob Out
    Caller ID: 713-341-1000

Jana Marx Apr 10, 2008

Yes, indeed Time Warner cable can be harrassing. I used to work with someone at a home furnishing company that love to use his job as some sort of meeting place for women. His name is John C Hernandez and he works for the Dallas branch of Time Warner cable and he is a big time player. Beware ladies he is a dirty player so be careful and stay away from him! He doesn't have a clue he's beeing watched. My wife quit working for Time Warner cable because she complained that he was making passes at her. And last I did an investigation on him and found out that he's done this at some other pervious jobs that has had. BE CAREFUL LADIES FROM THE TIME WARNER DALLAS BRANCH!

• Jt
    J.T Santoro May 12, 2008

Yeah, I know this *sshole, He used to work for Empire Home services in Grand Prairie. He wasn't a good sales rep just a good player. If this is the person, he tried having secret relationships with women at Empire and got word that he used to work at another branch and did the same thing according to some managers. If you want to make a harrasing call to him, his number is 972-974-1014.

poor service!

When you're the only cable company, you don't need good customer service.

1 - I responded to an online offer, but they would not honor it.

2 - I still ordered the service as I had no option (I live in an apartment that only allows cable).

3 - When I had issues with Road Runner and the call was answered in Colorado, the information on my account was not in the database available to them. They said contact my local company. I did and they never understood the problem telling me their records were correct.

4 - I saw the ads for digital phone. I called asking if this was VOIP. I was told it was not.

5 - In order to get VOIP, I had to be home on the installation date. I could not guarantee this ten days beyond the current date. I could not make the change because of the risk of having no phone service. I need to retain my current number.

6 - I got a billing for the month. The listed amounts failed to total the amount they were asking me to pay. I called and the representative insisted it was on the bill.

I wish I knew if complaining to any agency would help, but I suspect that it would be a waste of time.