Having problems with CenturyLink?

CenturyLink Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 244 1111 (Headquarters)
+1 877 348 9005 (Internet Service)
+1 877 348 9007 (Phone Service)
+1 866 314 4148 (Prism TV Service)
+1 866 963 6665 (Ordering Services)
+1 800 423 8994 (Payment Specialists)
+1 877 837 5738 (Moving Services or Billing & General Customer Service)
+1 877 803 8414 (Disconnect or Cancel Services)
930 15th St. 11th Floor
Denver, Colorado

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with CenturyLink Customer Service. Initial CenturyLink complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for CenturyLink above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about CenturyLink. Discuss the issues you have had with CenturyLink and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

CenturyLinkCentury Link POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE and deceitful practices

After having service with century Link for over 40+ years we found ourselves seeking service elsewhere. Approximately 5 +/- years ago the road in front of our house was ground down to the dirt to resurface. At that time our land line was cut. We made a complaint and a repair request . They promptly sent out a repairman to fix the line. We were informed that a temporary fix could be performed immediately and that a permanent repair could be completed in approx 2 weeks. From that point on we continued to make complaints and repair requests due to excessive loud static and intermittent service during calls (ie. Maybe hearing every 2 to3 word that was spoken ). We were told that it was now an issue with our inside wiring. We had it checked multiple times and always showing that it was Century Link line. After 5 yrs of dealing with it we started the process of disconnecting the service/porting the number and going with a new provider. We began the end of November and century link refused to allow the porting of our old number. We owed for a partial bill for which I toldCentury link I would pay in full upon the porting of the number. They refuse. Our new service is connected with many many more amenities at 1/3 the cost and the line was crystal clear as soon as the century link line was physically disconnected from our line. We have paid for 4/5 yrs of service that we did not receive but they have told me that they will port the number after it is paid. We've been lied to 1 time too many. I would be more than happy to put the money in the hands of a legitimate lawyer to pay once the port is complete if my word is not good after 40+ yrs of service. Otherwise it will go unpaid after multiple lies and horrible service.

CenturyLinkInternet/Phone

Called to make an arrangement and manual order was entered to disconnect service ahead of due date. Service disconnected and server would not connect to payment services or chat. The representative who set the order was rude and intentionally set the service to disconnect on the wrong date. This caused the loss of employment over the holidays. State mandates stay at home order and job was considered essential. Looking for a way to recover from this mistake

CenturyLinkTelephone

Ordered internet and telephone tech called and switched my old tele# but knew nothing of internet I want to be switched but to my old provider mediacom with my old tele# [protected] and canacell my service order n21176965

CenturyLinkInternet

My Internet had been down for a month, no help from customer service, no show from technician to my home, and no real response over the phone. I've been a paying customer for 4 years, this is unacceptable . Who runs this place ? I don't understand why this company is so incompetent. It's like they have some secret they don't want me to know about .

CenturyLinkResidential internet

Centurylink is the only wired internet provider in my area. I have been trying to work from home and most CSP jobs require at least 1 or 1.5 for upload speed. I would like to know why they cannot get their customers at least that much so we would be able to work. The most we can get is.89 and I have has to turn down almost every job I was offered. Please help us who are willing to work make some money to get by and not rely on SNAP.

CenturyLinkSlow internet

Had CL for several years with no problem and was getting around 37m. Now it is down to 2 to 5 m download. Had a tech here twice. First one indicated he had found the problem, other phone lines were still connected. However, after he left I ran a speed test and it was still slow. Second tech arrived two days later and couldn't find a problem even though he couldn't get a faster download. He left saying it was ok even though speed tests indicated it was not. I can't work with 1 or 2 m download speeds. Guess I will have to call the cable people back.

CenturyLinkSlow speeds

I have been on CL for 12 years and it's always the same thing SLOW. So I can go on but all of us are facing the same problem, you pay and pay. Not going to ramble on just know the the CEO has stated DSL is not profitable and we woe our stock holders a good return so they are planing to sell it off and that means no upgrades, which is interesting since they have received grants from the Government to improve and expand rural DSL. It's the same old thing we pay they laugh all the way to the bank.

Nov 30, 2020

CenturyLink/Lumen — Phone / internet

After 40 plus years of having this company as a phone and internet provider, I'm completely beside...

Nov 20, 2020

Century Link — Internet and phone service

This is a warning to everyone who is thinking about signing up for services with Century Link to RUN away and...

CenturyLinkCanceled internet service but they charged me again the next month

I called Centurylink on Oct 4th 2020 and cancelled my internet service. I called again on Oct 23rd to confirm the deactivation of the service and to find out how to return the modem. The employee confirmed that my service was cancelled and told me I had to mail the modem to them. The Centurylink website that allows you to print the return label does not recognize my account number, so I cannot print the label. I completed a form to have a label USPS shipped to me on Oct 23rd, but have not received it as of Nov 11. I was also charged the monthly service fee for Nov, even though my account is deactivated (confirmed by 2 employees).

Oct 27, 2020

CenturyLink — Driver driving dangerously

10/27/2020 around 9:13 am my daughter and I were at the light of Damascus Rd, waiting to turn West onto W...

Oct 17, 2020

CenturyLink — At ease department agent benjamin

I have worked with Agent Benjamin before. IN fact, I believe I have filed a complaint on this Agent with a...

CenturyLinkBill.

Last month my wife called 411 twice in the morning. The first time she was given the wrong number. I tried calling to get a charge of $5.99 removed from our bill twice but hung up after 30 minutes on hold each time. When I have gone online with my ipad... Live chat doesn't provide a submit icon I can click onto to submit my request to have the first erroneous 411 charge removed. I wrote this down on my last bill as I deducted $5.99 from it. What I wrote down was ignored. My new bill reflects a forward balance of $5.99. I formally request to have this mistaken charge removed from my bill. [protected]

CenturyLinkLate fees

I sent payment 14 days prior to due date and it was not applied to my account til after that date. Now there are now late fees on the account. I can not believe it should take more than two weeks to reach accounting and be applied to my account. I tried to pay online but there are fees to do so. I have spent 4hr on hold, speaking to numerous representatives and also a supervisor. Supervisor wanted reference number which is not given to me. Representatives wanted me to go to centurylink store which do not exsist. The next months bill was sent on the same date and was applied. Can you please resolve this issue for me. I am retired and don't want worry about $15 late fees every month.Account #[protected] this check that cleared bank is dated the same day I mailed it

Late fees

CenturyLinkInternet

In feb of 2018 we upgraded my centurylink internet to faster speed and a new modem. The new auto billing was to my debit card, which was different from the previous auto billing which was direct from my checking account (both from first tech federal credit union). I didn't notice that they had continued to bill my checking account and bill my debit card each month. I have now talked with more than ten people at centurylink and only one seemed to understand and she tried to cancel the charge from my checking account — that got me an email saying they were canceling my internet; got that reversed as I don't want to lose internet — just the double billing. Twice they have hung up on me. They keep repeating that they are only billing me once each month despite my bank showing two payments each month: one from the debit card and one direct from my checking account

CenturyLinkSorry excuse for an internet provider

We have had service through CenturyLink since the late 1990's and never thought we would change providers, but they have truly lost my support:
                        1) 2.5 hours trying to work with tech support and never getting more than 1 MB throughput
                        2) Getting hung up on after 2.5 hours because at 6 PM they closed and dropped my call
                        3) After business hours our upload speeds go back to 10 MB
                        4) Start work on Monday and I am back down to 1 MB
                        5) Finally talk to a manager after a 40 minute wait and am being told that 10 MB doesn't support online video calls despite the fact that I have been doing online video calls for 4 years without an issue until the last two weeks
                        6) My husband gets told that we need to shell out $296 for new modem and service call to get the 100 MB
                        7) Soonest he could get anyone out here is Tuesday, but if we were a new customer they could be out on Monday
                        8) Never once have I felt validated or valued by this company

CenturyLinkInternet

We have recently moved and had to settle for Century Link. It is horrible. I can't even watch a movie or an on demand show without it buffering all the time. We have security cameras that will not work with our internet because it is so slow!

Checked into other options but the cost was out of this world like $6, 000 to have cable run 1/3 of a mile!

If we could we would drop this service and get something faster and more reliable!

CenturyLinklousy

i had centurylink internet service, i cancelled my service, i could not print out return label so i asked them where to ship the modem back, they gave me the wrong address, i told them i was moving out of state and told man at post office, i insured the package for 100.00 the cost centurylink will charge me for the modem if its not returned. im not able to get my package redirected even though i still have receipt when i mailed it. i have an email from centurylink where to send the package, the exact address i mailed it to which is wrong address. this is lousy service, i will not ever use centurylink again. i should not have to pay for the modem since they gave me the wrong address.

CenturyLinkInternet

I paid ceditor acc#[protected] off to amsher acct#[protected].
                              I paid a $300.00 bill for something I never used. I kept calling your company about the problem and they did not send someone out to see what was wrong. But you all showed more concern about me paying the bill then the sevice you gave me. I went to another company. And he told me why I wasn't getting service. The job your sevice person did not do. They did it for free. I feel you all owe me some money back.

Apr 12, 2020

CenturyLink — terrible internet service terrible customer service.

Long story will do best to summarize. Issue = never get even close to adversied speeds and their reply i...