Having problems with Spectrum.com?

Spectrum.com reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 10, 2006. The latest review cable tv / spectrum time warner cable was posted on Aug 1, 2021. The latest complaint transfer of service & billing was resolved on Jun 23, 2017. Spectrum.com has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 552 reviews. Spectrum.com has resolved 215 complaints.

Spectrum.com Customer Service Contacts

+1 800 892 4357 (Customer Service)
400 Atlantic Street
Stamford, Connecticut

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Spectrum.com Customer Service. Initial Spectrum.com complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Spectrum.com above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Spectrum.com. Discuss the issues you have had with Spectrum.com and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Spectrum.com Complaints & Reviews, Page 24

Charter — Technician problems

I've been trying to get Internet access at my new apartment, and apparently, the only company that...

Charter communicationsraising prices 14%

Charter Communications is the only game in town in Saginaw Township, Michigan. The local government set Charter up to rip off the citizens with no competition. Can you believe it? Who in this day and age doesn't do the right thing and set up a competitive services provider situation. Well, I can tell you who - the Tim Braun and the government of Saginaw Township in Michigan. The township is probably getting huge kickbacks for eliminating the competition and perhaps even some things that are not being made public... While DirectTV is available, they are the same kind of predator as Charter. Set one price and then hike it up...They're all ripoff artists in the end...Stay away from Charter, they are the worst...just enter "Charter Communication complaints" into your browser and you'll see so many hits it will take your breath away...They are not only predatory but their so-called customer service is trained to lie and to frustrate customers (hang-up in the middle of the call, can't find your account, you're not on the account, etc. etc.) who are wanting to get rid of services. Deals are not deals for very long, the hike up the pricing even before your agreed to deal duration expires...Don't take my word for it, just read what's on the Internet...

Time Warner Cabletv cable reception

For the last three months, channel 3, which is WRAL TV local, has been intermittent. Fuzzed out, herringboned (off frequency).
    This is on analog cable, and it is on this channel only. They admit they have a problem, but they won't fix it.
    To watch programs on this CBS affiliate, I must disconnect cable and watch via an antannae. I think they have a problem in the frequency lockup for this station, or their digital to analog converter is bad. Whatever, they are ignoring this problem!

• Ya
        yabba Mar 07, 2010

I've been having problems with my digital cable reception since the system was installed 6/2009. Pictures dissolves in to blocks of digital noise. Tech has been out to test and says everything fine -- in fact, the on-site tech told me that it's their network distribution.

The problem reoccurs frequently -- and usually on highly watched channels (CNN, NBC, etc). I called the local help number and the operator says, "That's the first call we've gotten any complaints." I say ###.

Is anyone else in the Los Angeles area (and especially the Inland Empire) having reception problems with Time Warner Digital cable?

I'm really tired of Time Warner Cable: high fees, crappy reception and poor customer service.

mary & philip cordova Dec 03, 2008

we have been having problems with our cable hook up for computer, tv, high speed dial up since the mid-summer.
        the problem comes and goes and we never get a return call from anyone with your company,
        please help us...

mc

• Pa
        padriag Nov 12, 2008

Hey Diane - blow it out your ###. And what the hell is an African American accent?

• De
        de Oct 27, 2008

I have called Time Warner twice now to complain that their election info channel, 1404, only has the Democratic convention, and nothing on the Republican convention. Both times the customer service reps argued with me that that was not the case, while I was looking right at the menu on the channel. They also both said they had not had any other calls about that (including my first call?). The second time the rep (with an African American accent) was very rude. The listings have not been changed.
        This obvious bias plus the fact that Time Warner is financially supporting the campaign for gay marriage and adoption in California has me looking for another internet provider.

Diane

Time Warner Cable — charged for digital box that I turned in at the site

I moved from the above address and five days after I moved, I gathered my DVR and Digital box (total of two...

Time Warner Cable — selling off phone numbers

I decided to get the time warner 3 service deal, that being, internet, cable TV and digital phone...they...

Time Warner — customer service/ billing issues/ lack of trust/ time effectivness!!!

Time Warner: Has the worst customer service that I have ever experiecned in my whole life. I have never...

Time Warner Cabledvr box/service

Terrible customer service for high prices. We have had nothing but problems with the technical service every time we move and transfer service. None of the previous boxes work, and when the tech guy shows up, he doesn't have the right equipment for our order (DVR boxes). So other than him being at our house for 4 hours, no cable is working not even basic cable. We were told we had to drive 20+ miles one way to a time warner service store to get our DVR boxes and when those were plugged in nothing happened. Now we call and FINALLY get someone that can speak English telling us well there is nothing we can do for you the next available appointment is NEXT WEEK WHILE YOU ARE AT WORK?! This is ridicuous because I'm sure I'll be charged full price for the service I SHOULD be getting...

Charter communicationshorrible customer support

Today, at the hands of Charter Communications, I had the worst customer service that I have ever experienced. Two weeks ago we scheduled a service call to expand our existing service from an old house to a new house that we had constructed next door. I took vacation time to be home for this service call. This morning I confirmed the appointment which I was informed would occur between 1:00 and 3:00. By 3:45 no one showed. I called Charter and explained the situation, I was put on hold and disconnected. So, I called Charter again, explained the situation, was put on hold and again disconnected. So, I called a third time, explained the situation including the two disconnects and asked that, if a disconnect happened a third time, that the customer service rep please call me. I was told that Charter is not set up to do that. The service rep, Jennifer, then informed me that Charter's records showed that they did not have a service call scheduled at my address for today. I expained a second time to Jennifer that I confirmed the service call earlier today. She said that she was sorry but that she couldn't do anything about that. I asked to speak to her supervisor. She put me on hold, checked back with me twice to say that she still had me on hold and finally said that the wait time would be about 25 minutes. I asked that she have a supervisor call me so that I wouldn't have to wait. She said that Charter was not set up to do that. I will be disconnecting my Charter service this coming week and I urge any customer who values even decent customer service to avoid Charter Communications.

Charter communicationsworst customer service

This company owes me a refund. I was told on June 20th when I turn my equipment it that it would be 6-8 weeks before I get my refund. After the 8 weeks past I called them they said it was being held because I have not returned a cable modem. I own the modem it even stated that fact on my bill each month. After the "paper work" was submitted to clear the error up it would be 10 days and I would get my check. I still have not received it. This company has the worst customer service oh and the don't speak English very well either. I will never use them again.

• Ho
              Horns2Win Nov 28, 2011

Six weeks of service and we have had internet & phone outages every week. Four technicians and two "senior techs" have been out but the problem remains. Internet & phones go out every Sunday between 2pm and 10pm. Service also shuts down after 7pm for a few hours several times a week. After 6 weeks they finally agree to a partial credit and tomorrow they will send out yet another senior tech.
              I have no faith that they will resolve the issue because it seems to be the technology that crumbles under higher usage times.
              RUN FROM CHARTER...the only thing worse than their technology is their service...and their billing never matched their written quote.

• Fr
              Francis Apr 01, 2008

Charter Communications is my worst experience in customer service and quality of service.
              I was offered Charter Telephone Service via a phone call from Charter Communications. I had 3 phone lines at my home at the time (1 fax for business, 1 phone for business, 1 phone for personal) and I clearly explained that I was willing to let them install their service but to one specific telephone number (the personal line). The installer came when I was away on business and my wife let him in to do his work.
              After he left, my wife discovered that all 3 phones lines were ringing at the same time when a call came through.
              I also discovered that I could not call home because a fax machine was answering the personal and business lines. I called my wife on her cell phone and asked her to call Charter to get the problem corrected.
              After I came home the next day, I discovered tha the installer had cut all 3 phones lines and connected the 3 lines to the new Charter line, cutting off my fax line, my business line and my security system connected to the fax line.
              It spent hours on my cell phone calling Charter to get the problem corrected, it took them 4 days before they sent someone to fix the mess they created.
              A true story and as I said, my WORST experience with service and customer service.

Charter communications — the worst customer &service& ever

My experience with charter communications has been a nightmare! I have been trying to establish...

Charter communicationsslow service speed customer service terrible

This company offers high speed internet along with telephone and cable television service. I have recently as in the last month of Aug and start of Sept. 2008 had intermittent service, very slow service in the range of 92k speeds. When you call them or contact them via the internet they always say the same thing disconnect your router and reboot the cable modem. Well this may be the first page in the customer service handbook you would think they could turn the page or at least admit they are/have current trouble with their service. But you will not get them to admit this because there customer service is not here in the states they do not have any clue as to what is going on with your service. So I suggest they fix their problem or supply me with a remote cable modem box reboot device. I would not recommend this company to anyone but the problem is is you are in their area you will have no choices for service other then their company and they know this and is why they can offer poor service and you will not be able to do anything about it.

• Mi
                mike heart Apr 08, 2009

charter is very bad i now people that have 1 or 3 meg that goes faster the my 10 meg. i have had over 30 people to come to look at the issuse all thay can say is it not my computer but it not charter this is the type of people that works for charter. but the one thing i do know is when thay are here to fix it my speed are fast but when thay leave i have to call in less then a hour. an the biggest think about charter is thay do not listen.

Time Warner Cable — rip-off!

I've had Time Warner Cable since my roommate and I moved into our apt 3 months ago. Every single month...

Charter Communicationbad service

Worst customer service, rude incompetent office staff. Ellensburg, wa. If there are any members of charter communication management who care about the quality of employees that represent your company. Please read this. We have made 6 visits as of yesterday to the local office to change a service to my sons name. The change has never been made correctly, but when we return the same staff member insists that we never made the change. When we explain the error is not ours, she is rude will not listen. The latest error, my bill is now coming to my address in my sons name!! This staff member has an attitude, does not listen to our request, does not make the requested change correctly, and does not take responsibility. Its been exhausting. Charter communication desperately needs to improve customer service. We all hope a new provider comes to our area.

Charter Communications - Cablefradulent billing

Started with phone call around 11:00 am. After get disconnected three times, I tried online support. This is the actual text from an online support discussion:

An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.
                You are currently number 2 in the queue.
                You have been connected to TTD James .
                TTD James : Thank you for contacting Charter.
                This is James. How may I help you?
                Kelly Rosky: Hi, I typed in a lot of information while I was waiting in the queue - di d it not come thru?
                Kelly Rosky: hello?
                TTD James : I'm sorry, it didn't.
                Kelly Rosky: We are being charged for DVRs that we do not have and need to get our account credited.
                Kelly Rosky: I spoke with a customer service rep on the phone who said the DVR charge was added to our account in May 2007. We did have an appointment to get DVRs, but no one showed up to make the delivery.
                Kelly Rosky: I have tried contacting Charter several times about this issue, but no one would help - they all said their records showed we had the DVRs and there was nothing they could do about it.
                Kelly Rosky: This means we've been paying an extra $25 per month for over a year for equipment we don't have. These fraudulent charges need to be credited back to our account
                Kelly Rosky: The serial numbers for the boxes we have are:
                Kelly Rosky: G14233NA6246
                G14429NA5552
                TTD James : I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
                We have a team here at Charter that is specifically assigned/trained to handle this type of concern.
                Please call our Billing Department at [protected].
                Kelly Rosky: I have spent over an hour on the phone this morning, and have been disconnected three times after explaining all this to the "customer service" representative who answered the phone said they would transfer me to "the billing department.
                Kelly Rosky: No matter how many times I try to get this worked out, I always get the run-around. I expect this issue to be resolved this morning. Otherwise I will be filing a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
                TTD James : I'm here.
                Kelly Rosky: I am recording this session to document a specific example of the type of problems I've been dealing with in regards to this matter for well over a year.
                Kelly Rosky: and??
                TTD James : Unfortunately, Charter doesn't have access to inventories for the equipment check. We can process the request for a credit for your account if it's confirmed by our dispatch office that you don't have the DVR's.
                TTD James : Our representatives are currently receiving a unusually high call volume. Please call us later this afternoon.
                Kelly Rosky: That is not going to solve the problem. Every time I've called, I'm told that Charter's records indicate they delivered DVRs that were, in fact, never delivered.
                Kelly Rosky: No!!! I have been trying to deal with this for over an hour, and despite the fact that I've told you I have been disconnected three times today alone, have been getting the run around for over a year, and now that I've waited again for the online support queue, you are telling me to bugger off and bother somebody else later in the day???
                Kelly Rosky: I'm very glad to be able to have an account of this all in writing. Screen shots of this will be sent along with my letter filing a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
                Kelly Rosky: This is classic!! I think maybe I'll post it to the web for others amusement as well.
                TTD James : I'm not just saying this just to get rid of you. Every department does have their scope of support.
                Kelly Rosky: So, for over a year, I've been dismissed, disconnected and fraudulently charged and the answer I get is that I'm outside your scope of support?
                Kelly Rosky: Who's scope of support am I in? I can't get through to anyone in billing, because after I wait to get through to someone on the phone and explain the situation over again, I am told I'm being transferred to a billing department person who will help me, then every time, I am disconnected.
                TTD James : That is why I am directing you to the representatives who can fix this for you.
                TTD James : Do you speak to person first before getting transferred?
                Kelly Rosky: Yes! What I'm saying is that I get disconnected every time and for over a year have not been able to talk to anyone who could resolve the situation.
                Kelly Rosky: That's what I'm trying to explain - calling the billing department doesn't work. It hasn't for over a year.
                Kelly Rosky: The "representatives who can fix" this won't take my call.
                Kelly Rosky: hello?
                TTD James : Let me check your account for your previous transactions.
                TTD James : May I please have your name, the phone number listed on the account, and the complete service address?
                Kelly Rosky: Kelly Rosky
                Kelly Rosky: 86 Tuckaway Dr Asheville, NC 28803, [protected]
                TTD James : Thank you.
                For verification and security purposes may I please have the last four digits of the account holder's SSN, the PIN set on the account or the Security Code?
                *A security code is a randomly generated four-digit number provided by Charter to all customers.
                Your security code should be found at the upper right portion of all your Charter bills printed after November 27, 2007.
                Kelly Rosky: 7308
                TTD James : Thank you.
                Please give me a few minutes.
                TTD James : Your account shows no record that you were able to speak with someone about your account since 05/20. The last one shows a promise to pay note.
                Kelly Rosky: Imagine that.
                TTD James : Since I can't contact the Dispatch Department, I will need to send a technician out for this.
                Please give me a few minutes while I look for the soonest possible schedule.
                Kelly Rosky: So, I need to take time off of work and lose pay because nobody in the billing department will take my call?
                TTD James : We can set this on a weekend.
                Kelly Rosky: I'm game, if it will finally fix this.
                TTD James : Thank you.
                Please give me a few minutes.
                Kelly Rosky: So, the plan is to send someone out to verify that we, indeed, do not have DVRs and have them report back?
                Kelly Rosky: Can I get a written report from them that this was verified?
                TTD James : Yes, that is correct. They should leave a copy of the work order with their notes.
                TTD James : Sadly, all I have are weekdays. You can have someone above 18 years or older with an authorization letter attend to the appointment.
                Kelly Rosky: Ever? There are no weekend appointments available for eternity? I am grateful that you have been this helpful so far, but really?!?!!
                Kelly Rosky: I don't have anyone who could take the appointment, my husband and I both work full time, as do all of my friends, and my family lives 2 hours away.
                TTD James : Yes. Seems your area only assists to special request orders during weekdays.
                TTD James : Please give me a few minutes.
                TTD James : I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.
                Please stay in the session. I'm transferring you now to our supervisor who can try assist you further regarding this concern.
                Kelly Rosky: Thank you so much - I appreciate your help.
                TTD James : You're welcome.
                TTD James : Thank you for choosing Charter Communications.
                Answers to frequently asked questions and self-help options can be found by looking in the "Support" tab at www.charter.com. If you have further questions, please chat back with us. Our Chat Support is available from 7:00 AM through 1:30 AM Central Time, 365 days a year.
                Have a great day!
                TTD James has left the session.
                Please wait while we find an agent from the CHAT - MDVL - Advocate department to assist you.
                The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.
                All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
                An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.
                The next available Agent will be with you in a moment.
                All agents are currently busy. Please stand by.
                An agent will be with you in a moment. Thank you for your patience.
                You have been connected to TTM Jocelyn .
                TTM Jocelyn : Hello, this is Jocelyn from Charter. How may I help you today?
                Kelly Rosky: Hi, Jocelyn. I'm hoping you can help.
                Kelly Rosky: I also hope I don't have to go through everything again...
                Kelly Rosky: Can you read the text of the discussion I've had so far?
                TTM Jocelyn : I'm reading the previous chat transcript now. It will take few moments. Please hold.
                Kelly Rosky: you got it.
                TTM Jocelyn : Thank you for waiting, Ms. Rosky. I have reviewed the previous chat transcript. I can certainly understand your concern about the charges for the DVR service. I would be more than happy to check into this issue for you and then do a service review.
                TTM Jocelyn : I'm reviewing the account now. It will take a few moments.
                Kelly Rosky: Very much appreciated!
                TTM Jocelyn : Thank you for waiting. I'm still checking into this for you. It will be a few more moments.
                TTM Jocelyn : Thank you for waiting, Ms. Rosky. I do apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Because there is no record on the account that you have called about this. I can only issue credit for $6 months of service. I will credit a total of $180 to the account and also remove the charges for the DVR service.
                Kelly Rosky: That is unacceptable. Your records also indicate, fraudulently, that we are in possession of 2 DVRs that were never delivered. it is not a big stretch that none of the calls I've placed in the last year are in your records.
                TTM Jocelyn : I certainly understand what you are saying. However, as a supervisor, we cannot issue more than 6 months of credit. To further dispute this, you would need to go into the local Charter office.
                Kelly Rosky: This is plain and simple fraud, and despite getting nowhere for over a year, I am still trying to be nice and work with Charter to resolve this matter.
                Kelly Rosky: The problem with that is the same as I've explained previously, I work for a living and going to the Charter office requires me to take time off work and lose pay.
                TTM Jocelyn : I understand, Ms. Rosky. We are showing that you have two regular digital boxes. I have removed the charges for the DVR and you will see the credit of $180 on your next statement.
                Kelly Rosky: $180 is not the proper credit - we have been paying an extra 25 per month since May of 2007.
                Kelly Rosky: the credit should be $375.
                TTM Jocelyn : That is the maximum amount of credit that I can issue.
                Kelly Rosky: That is not acceptable!
                TTM Jocelyn : I understand that you feel it is not acceptable. However, I cannot credit more than $180. You would need to go into a local office for additional credit.
                Kelly Rosky: That means we will have paid you $195 for products we did not receive!
                TTM Jocelyn : Ms. Rosky, I have issued the maximum credit that I'm allowed. For additional credit, you would need to go to the local office. Was there anything else that I could assist you with?
                Kelly Rosky: Well, I guess not. Please note that I have tracked the entirety of this conversation with both screen captures and copy of all text written, since Charter does not keep accurate records.
                Kelly Rosky: as none of the calls I've placed in the last year are "in the records" and DVRs are fraudulently listed as having been delivered.
                Kelly Rosky: I will be filing a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau and they will receive a copy of this entire transcript.
                TTM Jocelyn : I will notate this on the account. There will also be a notation that I credited you for 6 months and removed the charges from the account.
                TTM Jocelyn : Now that I have issued the credit, I will review other services.
                TTM Jocelyn : Please let me know if you are still connected to the Chat Session at this time.
                Kelly Rosky: Honestly, I've been at this for over 3 hours now, and I've truly had enough. Thank you for the assistance you've given me - I will let the Better Business Bureau handle the rest. Signing off.
                TTM Jocelyn : I can certainly understand that, Ms. Rosky. Keep in mind that you can view available services at www.charter.com. I will notate the account that you contacted us about the charges for the DVR boxes. For additional assistance, please contact [protected] or initiate another chat session. You can also view and pay your bills online at www.charter.net free of charge. Thank you for contacting Charter.
                If you require further assistance, go to www.charter.com/contact
                Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

Amazing!!

joe Nov 23, 2008

theres illgal hook up on 89 old smokey rd elk park nc
                    this guys been hooked up for 2 years

• Ns
                    Nstong Nov 14, 2008

I'm having the same issue basically, I never signed for getting boxes. Did this ever get resolved? I'm just about ready to file a suit in small claims.

Time Warner Cable — rip off charges

Time Warner Cable is takes advantage of customers who disconnect service by charging bogus fees. I recently...

Charter Cable Company Roswell GAcable left unburied for over a year

My Neighbors and I have had a cable left unburied for overa year acroos our driveways, the company will not responed or do anything about it this cable carries power the city of Roswell will not get involved even through it lays on there road.

Charter Communicatons — stupid commercial

Commercial with black guy dressed in sweats, walks into kitchen laughing while on cell phone, sits down on...

Charter communicationscustomer service malfuctions

Attempted to order high-speed internet through charter.com, but was unable to do so. Called [protected] at noon Pacific Time and was transferred from sales (Sundown) to tech support (Jack). Tech support informed me that their site is malfunctioning, and that sales can help me place my order. Tech support transferred me to sales but I was placed on hold and then I was disconnected. At this point, it is 40 minutes after the start of my call. I called back and spoke to Bao in tech support and told him what happened. Tech support transferred me to sales (Cori), who informed me that the hi-speed internet rate I requested is an online-only promotional product. I asked who could help me order the promotion, and she reiterated that she could not help me. I decided not to order internet through Charter and politely ended the call. All Charter employees were very polite, but no one was able to help me, which leads me to believe there is a problem with Charter's overall system and not with their point-of-contact employees.

• Da
                        David Harder Aug 21, 2009

Plain and simple, Charter Communications is the single worst vendor I have ever dealt with in any medium. Their repairs are inept. They charged me (and I was happy to pay) for a bundle with premium services. In three months they were out three times to fix the cable to I wouldn't have to lip read or lose entire shows. And, of course, they still charged me. They are coming again tomorrow.

But the absolute worse is the telephone directory service. Did you know they outsourced this service so they claim they have no control of the quality of service. Each time you dial information, you are charge $1.79, more than any telephone carrier. And, they seem to have scraped the bottom of the labor pool. Countless times I have had to spell each word, reiterate each letter, "no sir, it is "M" as in Mary and in some cases, start over. The pathetic part of this whole charade is 9 times out of ten, they don't have the number, companies like General Electric, Paramount Pictures, Los Angeles City Hall. Do yourself a favor, get a different service; if you have this one, get your calls off of the Internet. They are free!

David Harder

Time Warner Cableknown dvr problem

There is a known software problem with the DVR function in Time Warner Cable's cable boxes. They are charging customers for a service they KNOW does not work properly. I just called TWC today, 26 AUG 08, to complain about being charged for a service that does not work. I asked to be credited back the money I was charged for the DVR service since I've been a customer (about 3 months) and for the inconvenience of having to call their technical support to try to fix the problem remotely. I ended up two service credits for a total of $35. The point is: CALL TODAY and demand to be credited back for the service you PAID FOR but DID NOT RECEIVE.

Time Warner Cable Insight -hd-dvr boxes technical breakdown

Periodically have issues with my HD-DVR cable box. Power failures(Cable BOX) which result in missed recordings. And we must reboot the box everytime we wish to sit down and start watching our television. Time Warner has replaced box, and issues still persist. Their technicians who came to trouble shoot box advised me that this is a BIG issue with everyone who uses Time Warners HD_DVR cable box, using HDMI cables.
                        No eta on a permanent fix. There customer service department wants to keep swapping boxes.
                        PAying alot of money every month for premium service. It's time they provide a premium service.

• Da