The Brick / rip off

Scarborough Toronto, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
On September 25, 2008 I purchased, from the Scaborough SuperStore, a living-room set (Saleorder Number [protected]). I paid $1200 in cash for two sofas, tables and two lamps. To date I have received everything except for the lamps.

I think that it's absolutely rediculous that I would have to wait three months for the delivery of items that have been bought and paid for. Initial delivery dates had been established for the delivery of the lamps and every time, 4-5 times in total, those delivery dates had been pushed back. At this point the superstore is unable to determine when, if ever, those lamps will be delivered to me.

I had called The Brick's customer service department yesterday and the representative suggested that I go to The brick's web site and select replacement lamps. I thought this was a great idea. I selected the replacement lamps and I called the superstore to inform them of the change. I was informed that there was a price difference between the replacement lamps and the lamps I originally ordered; as a result I had to pay $56. I simply cannot believe, after the money I've already spent and the time I've waited, that The Brick would attempt to squeeze another $56 from me.

The Brick speaks loudly about their 'commitment to provide an enjoyable shopping experience' but you do nothing to display such commitment to your customers when difficulties are experienced. The simple fact is this: I entered into an agreement with The Brick. I did so under the assumption that the goods I purchased would be delivered to me within a reasonable period of time (a right, I believed, is accorderd under the Consumer Protection Act). Three months is definitely NOT a reasonable period of time. If The Brick cannot provide me the goods we agreed upon, within a reasonable period of time, then you should offer me a replacement for those items, at NO additional cost.
Br

Comments

An
  13th of Feb, 2009
I did not see even a bad customer services just lik brick any where in canada
Re
  30th of Jan, 2010
Wow sounds like you got a good deal!!! two sofas, tables and lamps all for $1200!!! So you choose to wait 3 mos for lamps? Wow... Did you not ask to get your money back on the lamps and pick out something else?? Come on, you choose to wait that long, they offered a solution, why do you think you deserve to get something for nothing? To me it sounds like you were trying to take advantage of a situation beyond their control.. Sometimes we have to wait for the things that we really want.
Mr
  14th of Oct, 2010
I bought a a leather couch set from the Mississauga BRICK store on July 15th 2010 for $3500. Not even two weeks after it arrived I had problems with the leather peeling! That's right peeling and the three seats clunking and creaking. Called customer service and they sent a service tech to fix my brand new $3500 leather couch set, the tech came loooked at the set and took three pictures his exact words were "this is bad and should not be happening" Before leaving he said that someone from the Brick would call me back within the week. Well I got a call from the Brick and the service tech said in his report that nothing is wrong with the couch set and claimed in his report that I signed off on his report, which I absolutly never did???? Now to no surprise the BRICK will not do anything, oh and by the way I paid for a five year blanket furniture coverage plan!!! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THE BRICK OR YOU WILL REGRET IT EVERY DAY THAT YOU LOOK AT THE PIECE OF GARBAGE SITTING IN YOUR HOME!!!

The Brick Logo The Brick