The Brick / rip off
On September 25, 2008 I purchased, from the Scaborough SuperStore, a living-room set (Saleorder Number [protected]). I paid $1200 in cash for two sofas, tables and two lamps. To date I have received everything except for the lamps.
I think that it's absolutely rediculous that I would have to wait three months for the delivery of items that have been bought and paid for. Initial delivery dates had been established for the delivery of the lamps and every time, 4-5 times in total, those delivery dates had been pushed back. At this point the superstore is unable to determine when, if ever, those lamps will be delivered to me.
I had called The Brick's customer service department yesterday and the representative suggested that I go to The brick's web site and select replacement lamps. I thought this was a great idea. I selected the replacement lamps and I called the superstore to inform them of the change. I was informed that there was a price difference between the replacement lamps and the lamps I originally ordered; as a result I had to pay $56. I simply cannot believe, after the money I've already spent and the time I've waited, that The Brick would attempt to squeeze another $56 from me.
The Brick speaks loudly about their 'commitment to provide an enjoyable shopping experience' but you do nothing to display such commitment to your customers when difficulties are experienced. The simple fact is this: I entered into an agreement with The Brick. I did so under the assumption that the goods I purchased would be delivered to me within a reasonable period of time (a right, I believed, is accorderd under the Consumer Protection Act). Three months is definitely NOT a reasonable period of time. If The Brick cannot provide me the goods we agreed upon, within a reasonable period of time, then you should offer me a replacement for those items, at NO additional cost.
More The Brick Complaints & Reviews
- The Brick / Brada Machine - broken washer 
- The Brick-Oakdale Sectional Couch - factory defect 
- The Brick - delivery/product/personnel - one big problem! 
- The Brick Transglobal Service And Lg Products - poor service not honoring warranty 
- The Brick - crappy quality furniture 
- The Brick - furniture warranty declined
- The Brick - warranty department
- The Brick - damages to my furniture purchased at thebrick sudbury, ontario
- The Brick - tripped and fell on rubber mats for winter that were improperly display
- The Brick - liar!!!