The Brick / payment protection plan is a rip off!

I purchased a bed 06/06/2006. Return it 6 months latter for a new one. Then I received a bill charging me $ 623.00 for payment protections. I had no knowledge of this, when I returned the first bed. The sale lady asked me to sign two times, not know about the payment protection plan, I sign up for. This is fraud to me. I have wrote and call over 10 times, and was told thats to bad, you should read what you sign.

N  26th of Jan, 2008 by
I was posed this same issue. at time of purchase I read what i was signing, if you would have done so you would know why your havethe payment protection plan. This is not fraud as the information was clearly displayed infront of you

I asked about this when i signed it. the sales person explainedto me that i get one month free and afterwards it was the stadard fee.

He explained to me that i simply had to call city financial to cancel it once i received my first bill. sounded simple enoug hto me. I did so and the problem never became an issue

Example of someone not reading before they sign.......YES
N  1st of Aug, 2009 by
In response to your complaint about the “Payment Protection Plan” please be aware that this would NOT be added to your bill if you HADNT signed for it. If you go into a brick store they are able to print out your original credit application and show you the SIGNED COPY with YOUR signature. If you would like this to be cancelled simply go into the nearest Brick loaction, fill out a small form, and it will be cancelled THAT DAY.

Dont blame others because of your inability to ask questions about the papers you are signing.
N  20th of Oct, 2009 by
This was added to my bills even though I never signed for it. I had to go into the store and speak to them and ask for a copy of my original contract where they realized that I did not sign and after pursuing they refunded all my money.

The Brick Logo The Brick