Thomasville Furniture Logo

Thomasville Furniture

Having problems with Thomasville Furniture?

1925 Eastchester Drive
Thu8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:30 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Thomasville Furniture.

Complaints & Reviews

Sep 19, 2018

Thomasville Furniture / Heritage Home Group — $3k table in the worst shape i've ever seen from any store

9/19/18 1. The male (district manager, I think) is a hard sell pusher. That's on us. 1a. He also lied to u...

Thomasvilleswivel chair

The upholstery on my 4 year old chair is already ripping at the seams. Obvious poor workmanship. The company simply said that the chair is no longer under warranty (which only lasts one year) and I could decide whether I wanted get it repaired or not, but they wouldn't be involved, or pay anything toward the repair. I'll NEVER buy Thomasville again!

• St
      steve brice Jun 11, 2008

2 couches that were to have had a Greek key accentwere ordered, but the accent was missing. I accepted the couches because Thomasville stated that with 7-10 days they would correct the problem. It took 6 weeks to get the couches and so far after another 6 weeks, all I get is another, it will be 2 more weeks. I COULD HAVE ORDERED NEW COUCHES IN LESS TIME. THe salesmans mistake, and I go to the end of the line of manufacturing.

• So
      soapy Dec 29, 2008

sorry about your experience!

Thomasville — poor quality furniture

WE purchased a leather sofa and matching loveseat. It felt comfortable when we sat on it in the store, so we...

Thomasville Furnitureno delivery after 4 months, terrible customer service

I bought an entertainment center on May 5th, 2013, delivery date was Jun. 2nd, 2013. Now almost 4 months later there is still no commitment to a delivery date. When I asked, if I could cancel the purchase, customer service answered in a very unpolite way, that this is not possible and the dates are estimates. Unbelievable. Unfortunately other reviews are saying the same. Avoid to purchase anything with this company.

Thomasville Furnitureproducts & services

We are extremely dissatisfied with our recent purchases from Thomasville of Augora Hills, CA both with the quality of the products and the post-sales customer service. It is appalling to me that after having spent over $11, 000 on products that seem to be of good quality in the showroom but are of inferior quality with poor craftsmanship when delivered to your home. And when you call the store salesperson, who has now made her commission on the sale, you get told in the most unfriendly and unprofessional way that it is customer service who has to deal with the issue. Customer Services solution to all the problems is to have a sub-contractor come to your house to take pictures or quick fix your brand new “custom made” furniture. Off the 6 pieces of furniture, I have had issues with three of them. Our Ernest Hemingway accent table is not similar to the one that we saw in store and is imperfect on the table top. Thomasville’s solution…send the contractor to take pictures of the table, tell me nothing can be done or else exchange my brand new table with the floor model that has been, as per the customer service person, ”on the shop floor for 4-5 years”! Our $1400 per chair leather recliner came with a manufacturing defect that made the leather rub against a bolt and scar the leather. Once again, the same contractor comes to rip out the leather from a new chair, tighten it further so that it does not rub and use a leather polish to hide the scar. The final and most recent issue is our dining table and chairs. They arrive on April 26, 2013, almost 5 months after the order was placed. I refused accepting the delivery as the top of the pedestal of the dining table was cracked all around the rim with a chip around where they tried to put a screw in. Again, poor craftsmanship and what reflects poor customer service and lacks any quality control is that they sent the table to me, the customer, in that condition! An email to the President prompted a swift response and a call from CS who, at another customers expense, was to send me a replacement table. 18 days later, there are no calls and there is no table. A follow up email to the President states that I purchased the furniture from an independent store and need to deal with them. If the top management of this company has a complete lack of ownership & accountability, then you cannot expect much from the customer facing employees / representatives of Thomasville. In today's competitive business environment, this is a recipe for failure. If I had read reviews online before I spent so much money with them, I would have never bought furniture from them. Beware before you spend your money on extremely expensive, non-US made, poor quality furniture from Thomasville where the customer comes last!

• Jp
          JPP Apr 13, 2009

The upholstery on a Thomasville couch I purchased less then five years ago has worn out prematurely, exposing a thin, razor-sharp strip of metal at the top corner of the frame.

I have made Thomasville aware of the situation.

I will report back on how it is resolved.

• Rt
          RTorr Jan 25, 2010

Good luck, I hope your repair job is better than the one we had for our mattress. I am so unhappy with this company at this point.

Thomasville Furniture — shoddy quality (if any)

• Da
          D A Nov 18, 2011

We have had a nightmare with Thomasville. People need to understand the Thomasville that was our parents and grandparents is not the same as THOMASVILLE being made in China and Mexico today.
          Go to the Thomasville Facebook page and post your complaints. Also join me on Facebook at BOYCOTT THOMASVILLE to post your stories and complaints and to read about my Thomasville Nightmare. Post your stories on pissedconsumer.com they are a very well visited site.

• Da
          D A Nov 18, 2011

This is a photo of the 4, 669.00 sofa they attempted to deliver to me and now refuse to refund my money. If a furniture company attempts to deliver a piece of damaged furniture REFUSE it. If you accept it you basically are at their mercy.

• Bi
          Bill in Pleasanton, CA Feb 18, 2014

Just starting into an issue on a new purchase; delivery not matching floor wood sample. I can see our experience coming down as I'm only now reading these reviews.
          Any successes dealing with these people; please let me know.
          I'll update later.

Chipp Dec 13, 2014

Wow, When reading about your complaint and you stated how the items of display "In the store" were of better quality than your "Items delivered". Touche'. Same thing has happended to me with a sofa. After fealing like I was in the dentist office pulling some teeth I got Thomasville to make me a new couch, have not seen it yet. I will post "MY" full review after "MY" ordeal is finished. Thank's with the time of posting..

Thomasville Furniture Storeworse quality chairs

WORSE, OVERPRICED FURNITURE WE'VE EVER BOUGHT!, 2013
        "The GUARDSMAN 'protection' policy THOMASVILLE offers (which we paid for) is worthless!
        THOMASVILLE, please tell your customers the real time your delivery will take.
        We assume extreme delay on your delivery is due to the company's 'outsourcing'
        We also assume the very poor quality of the furniture is AGAIN due to THOMASVILLE 'outsourcing' and if thats the case... THOMASVILLE'S prices should be A LOT LOWER, to represent the current THOMASVILLE product 'quality'. This is the first time we have ever purchased ANYTHING from THOMASVILLE and it will be the last.
        Very simple... we purchased 2 chairs (costing in excess of $3000.00) from THOMASVILLE in dadeland, (miami) florida, delivery took double the time and BOTH chairs broke within the first 6 months of arrival. THEY ARE USING PLASTIC SPRING CLIPS!!! ALL BROKE!!!
        GUARDSMAN (their protection policy) AND THOMASVILLE have done absolutely nothing and my husband and I currently sit on 3K sinkholes!
        We will post this consumer review everywhere we can to worn other consumers.

Thomasville Furniture-Oakbrookbad service/lies

Thomasville oakbrook lies about delivery time of furniture AND whenI did gert my furniture 3 months late it was not the fabric I had chosen. Customer Service is rude and lies. I have purchased furniture for projects at companies for the past 20+ years and have never experienced such poor delivery and service. I hope nobody buys from thema nd they close the doors to the business. It's a no wonder other Thomasville's have closed down. A pure waste of my company money and time.

Thomasville Furnitureno product no deposit returned

We ordered sofas from Thomasville Furniture about 3 months ago. At the time, they told us it should take 4-5 weeks to deliver. Weeks upon weeks passed with no word from the company. We had to keep calling and arguing with them just to find out that the fabric was still on backorder 3 months later.
            We tried to cancel our order. The lady on the phone literally snickered and said it was too late to cancel and get our deposit back even though they haven't started making the furniture yet!!!
            I would never recommend ordering from this company!

• Di
                Dinadra Phillipe-Hennington, IDS Apr 15, 2013

I would snicker too darling. Items of a custom nature take time. The delivery date was only an estimate! Perhaps this is the first time that you purchased something better than IKEA! Best of luck in future design ventures.

• Je
                Jenny D May 02, 2013

I agree totally with not recommending this company. Their customer service is beyond unprofessional. I am still waiting since Feb. on my furniture that was originally damaged upon delivery. The delivery crew broke a vase I had purchased in China, that is not replaceable, and only handed me a check for 70$. They use an outside company to do their delivering and blame them for any issues that may occur and the store does not take any responsibility for ANYTHING or even call you back when multiple messages are left! I would not buy anything else from there or refer them to ANYBODY.

Thomasville Furniture Store — color coming off leather sofa

I purchased a Thomasville leather sofa and recline chair. I paid approx. $3, 950 including a warranty plan...

Thomasvillepoor service and damaged furniture

Just received delivery of my new Mercer sofa which I purchased from Jay at Thomasville in Sterling VA. and all I have to say is WOW...never been treated so bad from a person who is suppose to be in charge of 'Customer Service" . I called within 5 minutes of delivery of my new sofa to let them know that it arrived with some damage that was not previously on the piece and basically my customer service person became combative and told me i bought it "as is" so there is nothing they can do for me. Well I can tell you that I was shocked by her delivery and unwillingness to provide any type of resolution. I explained to her that Jay my sale person told me to call right away if anything wasnt right when it was being delivered. He stated this because I express concern in having this piece sit on the showroom floor until THEIR deliver person could deliver it to me. She finally stopped arguing with me and said she would check with Jay and call back in an hour...based on her attitude and treament I dont expect much but I can tell you this...I will submit a claim with my American Express which I used to purcahse and will not be a Thomasville customer. Should have stuck with Ethan Allen.

Thomasvillethomasville-buyer beware

I purchased a solid wood (or so I was told) bedroom set from Thomasville only to have it delivered with 50% of the pieces damaged. Now I am told they will patch the furniture up but not replace it. Two of the pieces have deep dents and will have wood filler used to repair them. The third piece was already repaired with what looks like a black marker. This is not what I would expect for $7, 000. Before you buy form Thomasville you need to read the conditions which are on the back of the sales receipt. Thomasville does not guarantee their furniture...in fact the agreement states " Material used in production are not guaranteed to perfection". As I have found during this experience they will show you a nice floor model and then ship you scratch and dent furniture. For your own sake, please read all of the conditions because they take responsibility for nothing, not even damage during delivery. If you have a problem that they will not resolve (like my situation) then you need to go to Kentucky state your case. This contract is well written for a company that is looking to take advantage of a buyer. BUYER BEWARE! You can also check with the better business bureau

Thomasville Furnituredefective and company doesnt care

I purchased a Thomasville Vintage collection office set (glass front book shelf, lateral file, hutch and desk) through office depot. I spent several hours putting the furniture together|. When I got to the desk I noticed that the part numbers were wrong and the arrows and directions were also facing the wrong way on one panel".After completely assembling the desk and all drawer I went to slide the drawer in and discovered that the drawer glides (which were preinstalled by thomasville) did not match -- the glides on the desk were smaller than the ones on the drawer and no amount of force would make them work together". I contacted the support # and was basically told that it happens all of the time and that they only design the furniture not manufacture it -- no apologies just excuses|.They told me that they could ship me 4 new desk support panels and that I could disassemble the desk and install the new panels -- it would take 10-14 days/. After further complaint they agreed to expedite them and I received them the next day --- before I went though the trouble of rebuilding everything I decided to make sure the drawers fit -- they don't --same size as the orignal glides that were wrong|. I sent an email -- their response --return it to office depot". I have already invested hours in putting it together and would have to disassemble it to return to OD -- if they would even allow me to return it.. All in All I would stay away from this company -- I bought this furniture based on prior good experiences with the quality of Thomasville --- never again.

• Sk
                      SkippyPink17 May 22, 2012

this person has way too much time on his/her hands. This is like a first novel, and not a good read!

Thomasvillepoor service

My wife and I recently purchased a Felicity Sunlit Cherry Bedroom Suite from Thomasville Furniture. Our Thomasville saleswoman had led us to believe that our Thomasville furniture would be made in North Carolina, but when it was delivered we discovered that it was all made in China. Thomasville had built its reputation on delivering high quality, American-made furniture from North Carolina -- but it appears that those days are now long gone.

The fit & finish of our Thomasville made-in-China furniture was poor. There's really no other way to describe it. Our bedroom suite has a total of 28 drawers. Many drawers weren't centered in their openings; some drawers were recessed in too far, and other drawers extended out too far. After 2 visits from Thomasville's repair people, we still have: 8 drawers not centered in their openings; 13 that extend out too far; and 7 that are recessed in too far. Thomasville's repair people told us that our remaining problems were non-repairable. So I guess we'll just have to learn to live with this poor quality.

When we purchased our furniture, we specifically asked our Thomasville saleswoman what kind of wood was used in its construction. She told us it was "entirely cherry". When we later asked Thomasville's repair people that same question, they looked at our furniture and readily identified over 5 different species of wood -- just one was cherry, and at least 2 were obscure, unidentifiable Chinese hardwoods. What we actually received was quite different from what we paid for. When we brought this to the attention of the management of our Thomasville dealer, they completely ignored our complaint.

At first glance, Thomasville's construction quality appeared to us to be quite good (i.e., dovetail drawers, etc.). But in places where it wouldn't be quite as obvious to a customer, some of the furniture's joints are held together with staples. That doesn't instill much confidence that the furniture will last for more than a few years. We would have expected to find that kind of cheap construction in bedroom suites that cost under $1, 500 -- but not in a Thomasville bedroom suite that cost us over $5, 000!

My wife's dresser arrived with a large 10" circular hole in the back of the cabinet. Rather than repairing this damage "before" the furniture was shipped, Thomasville's factory instead tried to conceal the damage by screwing a large Masonite panel over the hole. While Thomasville repaired the damaged back panel "after" we discovered it, the point is that Thomasville deliberately shipped severely damaged furniture to a customer with the hope that the damage would never be discovered. That's not what one would expect from a quality "world class" furniture brand.

Thomasville's furniture is shipped with a Chinese "plasticized" finish. In our experience, it attracts dust like a magnet and unlike a quality lacquered or varnished finish it's relatively soft and easily damaged. According to Thomasville's "printed furniture care instructions" my wife and I are not suppose to allow synthetics, rubber, or plastics to rest on the wood finish as they may damage the finish. That, of course, prohibits placing most lamps, clocks, radios, TVs, pens, etc. on top of your Thomasville furniture unless you first modify the bottoms of those products.

Everything at Thomasville seems to now be focused on charging its customers as much as possible, while at the same time cutting its costs as much possible. Even the screws that hold the knobs to the drawers have been cost-cut. Rather than extending the screws into the knobs by at least 3/8", they just barely touch the knob. The cost savings across an entire bedroom set has to be less than a dollar -- and yet amazingly Thomasville still went for it.

After contacting our local Thomasville dealer several times about many of these problems and receiving no satisfaction, my wife and I wrote to Ed Teplitz, president of Thomasville Furniture Industries -- and also to Ralph Scozzafava, CEO of Furniture Brands International. Furniture Brands International owns Thomasville, along with Broyhill, Lane, Drexel Heritage, Henredon, and Maitland-Smith. Neither of them ever responded to us. That pretty much sums-up our Thomasville customer satisfaction experience.

• Ve
                        Very unLucky Feb 23, 2013

I bought a cream modern rug with white circles patterns (first priced at $1200) and when I took it to be professionally cleaned it started bleeding pink dye all over. I called and emailed Thomasville and was told to deal with the store. The store said that neither them or Thomasville would do anything about it. So if you buy a Thomasville product prepare yourself to be stuck with a piece of no good chinese made product. There is no warranty or customer protection. You are on your own. Buyer beware! Do not not walk but run from their products! They are not of the quality they so much advertise. I also disputed the purchase with my Discover card. Their Purchase Protection claim is another joke. After dragging me along for 5 months, requesting and being given all kinds of documents, they finally admitted they were not going to do anything about it. Card has been cancelled!

Thomasville/leather sectional — delivery and customer service

We have had a terrible experience with Thomasville concerning the deliver of our sectional. One would expect...

Mississauga

Thomasvilleleather fading

My husband and I moved into a our new home. We are empty nesters so our furniture does not get the wear of most families. We have never treated ourselves in 30 years to new family room and dining room furniture. We went to Thomasville to buy quality furniture (usa made) NOT. They have always or at least I thought a great reputation. We spent over 9K in Benjamin love seat, sofa and up charged same fabric to two morgan recliners. Within the first year the recliners showed wear on the head area and arm area. Customer service in hayward CA said they have never heard of this including the store manager at the Dublin store. Wow we thought how could this be. We live just like everyone else. With the many conversations I had with them Thomasville decided to send a specialist and he tested the leather to be water soluable (surprise)!. Thomasville replaced our two chairs, and love seat and said most likely it will not happen again. Different lot #. Well not true. The same happened all over again so I called with the year. Again very surprised so they sent another person out to inspect. He stated the leather was not protected so therefore it was the way it is and this is normal wear. I was told the cheaper the cost of your leather sofa the more the quality will stand up the more expensive the more wear you will show. I know many people that have leather sofas and chairs for 10+ years and they look great. I am so embarrased when people come over to look at our furniture but it also tells the true story about the poor quality Thomasville is producing. We thought we would have this for many years.

Thomasville Sofadefect or poor construction

I spent $1400 on a new Thomasville sofa 3 years ago, believing it would last. I am VERY disappointed to find the front bottom frame is bulging out in one spot. My husband and I are not overweight and live by ourselves. The sofa does not get high use. How could this give out when it is so new and never abused? Is the frame made of plaster or wood??
                        My home is filled with quality Thomasville furniture and I never had problems in the past. I have moved many times over the years, and the wood furniture has held up remarkably well! Will Thomsville stand by their standard of excellent quality and remedy this?

• Sh
                            showstopper99 Jun 03, 2011

i have worked in upholstery for several years...trust me when i tell you that all commercially manufactured furniture has and will be made perpetually cheaper. i worked for united furniture and management there are only concerned about the bottom line not about the true quality and integrity of the product they sell. they want it to look good but not be good. a pretty shell over a rotten egg...if you know what i mean? sorry 4 your misfortune!

Thomasville Home Furnishingsstay away

I purchased a very expensive furniture set (Near $10k) from Doug Crede who is the Sales Manager at Thomasville Home Furnishings in Jacksonville, FL. Doug was all smiles and roses when I made the purchase and was the consummate kiss-### sales person. I had to wait on my furniture for nearly six weeks and then the day came that it arrived. I was able to work with the delivery company to ensure that I was there when the furniture arrived and so I didn't have to wait for up to three hours for the delivery. The delivery guys seem to be trying to be very careful with the furniture so when I returned home after the delivery that night I was surprised to see a huge nick in one of the items. I immediately called Thomasville and Doug Crede. Doug assured me that he would see that this was looked into. I should have know what was coming when he was so vague about how fixing the furniture would happen. The next day I received a call from a very abrupt lady with Thomasville in Jacksonville. She was all cheery in telling me that I would have to wait for a "repair person" to come out and wanted to know what three hour window would work. After telling her I didn't create the probelm and that I didn't have time to wait she starts quoting parts of the contract I signed when I bought the furniture. After getting very frustrated with contract quoting lady I asked to speak to my sales person Doug Crede. Doug changed once I started asking what he and Thomasville planned to do to resolve the situation, he was no longer the happy-go-lucky kiss-### that I'd bought the furniture from. He was now a "contract quoter" and had no interest in making the situation right. When I asked him if Thomasville was willing to give me a gift certificate or something to compensate me for my wasted time he again quoted the contract. It seems if you buy something from Thomasville that when you make that purchase and sign what looks like a basic sales agreement, that you are actually signing documents that give away any right you have to get new furniture or to return what you purchased. Since Doug was more than familiar with the contract he became very cavalier about my situation. Long story short, I still haven't gotten my furniture fixed, I've hired an attorney to help get satisfaction, and I'm telling the world about my experience. It seems I'm not the only one ripped off by Thomasville. If you Google "Thomasville furniture ripoff" you'll see what I mean. DO NOT be scammed by Thomasville, if your furniture is damaged or not built correctly you do not have any recourse. Also, DO NOT buy furniture from Doug Crede who is the Sales Manager at Thomasville Home Furnishings in Jacksonville, FL. Doug is the head scammer there.

• Di
                              Dinadra Phillipe-Hennington, IDS Apr 15, 2013

...hopefully your long winded venting has made you feel better! Quite honestly, I have a finite life span, and could not invest the time in this bore of a read. Best of luck!

Thomasville Furnitureprovided a king size bed frame with grossly inadequate support

I purchased the bed frame a few years ago as part of an entire bedroom set and started having problems immediately with the bed frame.

Unfortunately, when one goes to buy a bed frame, one normally does not look at the support underneath. The king size bed frame had no slats and it only has three very slim metal rods going across the bed frame and the middle support legs are narrow and prone to bend at the slightest movement of the bed.

To its credit, Thomasville did send out a repair man to my house, but incredulously the repair man said my floors were too smooth and that was the reason why my bed moved and the legs bend. He failed to see that the problem is structural and has nothing to do with my floors.

The bottom line is that I have no such problems with a different bed set from a different company but Thomasville refused to acknowledge that they had a product defect because its warranty would result in the customer receiving some compensation.

I am prepared to actually rebuild the supports in the middle myself with no help from Thomasville. But I just want to air this grievance against Thomasville and hope other consumers make sure they check the supports, especially with king size bed frames, otherwise their purchase will "sag" like mine.

Thomasville — no return

We bought a Paula Dean table from Thomasville in October. We were told that we wouyld recieve it within 10...

Thomasville — furniture quality and service

If you value your time and money, DO NOT order anything from Thomasville. GO TO POTTERY BARN. THEIR...