Telkom SA SOC / poor service with installation

1 South Africa

Good day

Ive requested a technician to move my line & ADSL on Friday. Ref [protected] He was at my house and left at 11.00am, telling me there is a area problem but should be fixed by 16.30 when he will phone me back. I could not get hold of him up until 18.00
Saturday morning, everything still dead. Spoke to my neighbour, his Telkom (on the same property) was up and running. I phoned 10210 on Sunday AGAIN...telling me everything shows active on Telkom's side, who advised me to phone Sales Dept on Monday morning

Monday I phoned, after 40min the lady told me she can only help me once she gets hold of the tech. I waited for her callback...nothing. I phoned again at 12.00, first I was transferred from 1 to the other, each giving me different answers. Eventually advised to phoned 10213.

I phoned 10213, explained the whole story for the hundredth time. Here the lady told me, the etch cant do anything, she needs to send an email to IT dept to activate and will take up to 6 hrs. Ref 2404700 I must check tomorrow or phone 10213 tomorrow again...honestly? Its now 1 o clock in the afternoon...my entire morning phoning phoning just to be told an email was send to activate.

Honestly the poorest service I ever received, and I thought its best to stay with Telkom products and move it to my next address. What a pity. Every call centre person tells a diff story, giving different answers or advise. Its pathetic if you take the amount of hours since Friday that I had to spend on the phone just trying to get my services up and running again as Im working from home!!

La