Teleflora / late delivery and not what was ordered.

On Thursday, March 20, I rodered the "darling Daisy" bouquet for delivery March 21 to my mother. This arrangement as pictured in the ad and on the Teleflorawebsite is at least 10 visible daisies, 8 visible yellow roses and sprays of tiny yellow flowers as filler, all in a ceramic vase with an embossed and painted daisy motif.

By 5:00 pm they had not been delivered. I contacted Teleflora's customer service by both telephone and e-mail. The verbal response was, "Well, the local florist received the order." Nothing else was forthcoming. The arrangement did not appear that day. By 0:00 am I was again contacting Teleflora by phone and e-mail. By phone, this CSR offered a 30% refund due to the "late" delivery, which my mother had not yet received. Finally at 3:00 pm my mom got her flowers. When someone, especially your mother, says, "How much did you pay for this?" it means something is wrong. I asked her to describe the flowers.

She received: 6 roses, a handful of daisies and some fern in a glass "ivy bowl" style vase (like a small goldfish bowl with a fluted rim). The vase had hand-painted flowers and a 1/4 inch ribbon on it.

Of course, I immediately received the e-mail stating the delivery had been completed. So I made another round of calls and e-mails to launch the complaint about the product received. Verbally, I was assured that my mother would receive at lteast the proper vase, but the discount would be only 20%. By e-mail, the CSR stated the refund would be 50%.

Today, I learned my 50% refund was because they could not furnish my mother with the proper vase.

STUPID ME - I ASSUMED THE 50% REFUND WAS FOR THE LATE DELIVERY AND THE MISSING FLOWERS.

I have the name, address and phone number of the local florist, but I trusted Teleflora to deliver what they advertised. Is this "bait and switch"?

Comments

• Tm
      24th of Apr, 2009

Just had the same experience. Ordered the Pink Damask Vase Bouquet and something entirely different (and unattractive) was delivered. Customer service said they would go pick up the one delivered and replace it with the one ordered...why didn't they deliver the one ordered in the first place?! Teleflora said they would refund my entire purchase if they could go pick up the bouquet. Right, they are going to tell some florist to repo the arrangement on my mom's kithen table. Odd customer service practices.