Complaints & Reviews

balloons - mother's day - none delivery -

Order Number:

Balloons ordered for Mothers Day - from London to NY - nothing delivered, no further communication from this firm - email addresses bounce back - do they exist or is this a scam site?

Date Ordered:
05/10/2019
Delivery Date:
05/11/2019

I paid for next day delivery - have they no soul?????? Non delivery on such an important date????

On 11/13/2018 I placed an order at 7:20 am E.S.T. with 1-800-balloons.com
The site states that "Same Day Delivery: Orders for same day delivery should be placed by 12 PM (Noon) in the recipient's time zone" this shouldn't have been a problem since the delivery was in Indiana and we are both EST.

Even though this was for my sisters birthday, I didn't want anything that said "Happy Birthday." As my sister is in the final stages of lung cancer and has been given approximately 14 weeks to live knowing the emotional turmoil that she must have been going through that day, knowing that she wouldn't live to see another year, she wasn't celebrating her "Birthday, " and it surely wasn't a "Happy" one for her. Even on the card, I wrote nothing about Happy Birthday.
No, I just wanted the "Thinking of you, with Love & Smiles."

So I order the "Special Occasions Package" "Thinking of You with Love & Smiles."
should have been 12 latex 6 Mylars, then I selected the add something extra option, "Medium Bear."
The total of the order came too $124.93.

I received the order confirmation at 7:25 am. E.S.T.
I received the delivery confirmation at 4:00 PM that same day on 11/13/18.

I waited until I got off work to call my sister at 5 PM EST, only to learn that there had been no delivery. I immediately called 1-800-balloons.com the operator tried to convince me that the delivery had taken place because they had been marked delivered. After going over the whole situation with her and how important it was that this order take place TODAY and NO the balloons weren't delivered, she placed me on hold and tried to call the local shop in Indiana that was assigned the order, but they were closed because it was after 5 pm EST.
The operator assured me that she would check into this as soon as the local shop opened the following morning and she would give me a call asap as soon as she reached someone there. (I NEVER RECEIVED THAT CALL)

The following morning on the 14th (the day AFTER my sisters Birthday)
Guessing that the local shop in Indiana probably opened around 8:30 -9:00 am
At 9:20 am I called 1-800-balloons.com back, having to repeat the whole situation for the new operator because, apparently there were no notes or flags on that order that there was a problem with the delivery and they were showing delivered, and order was closed out.
Again I was placed on hold while she called the shop in Indiana, when they had been caught first hand scamming, marking the order as delivered when it had not been delivered; they used the excuse that they tried to deliver, but there was no one home. I explain to the operator that couldn't be true, that several people are there looking after my sister.
The operator asked if I wanted them to try and deliver the balloons today ( A DAY LATE) I agreed, even though I wasn't happy about missing her last birthday, it was gone and could never be made up for.

A delivery did take place on the 14th a big bouquet of "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" balloons, but NOT what I order!
The order I placed said NOTHING about Happy Birthday, again even the card I wrote said NOTHING about Happy Birthday.
And on top of everything the delivery person was very unhappy and had a very unpleasant attitude, I guess because they got caught scamming and actually had to make a delivery for the $124.93 that was taken from my account.

1-800-balloons.com

delivery

Birthday Balloons were ordered on May 10, 2018 for my mother to be delivered on her Birthday May 11, 2018..No balloons were ever delivered to my mom's job..I called an asked why weren't the balloons delivered an was told they were delivered..which was a complete lie..The lady kept saying hold on let me check again..She comes back an says oh our system was down so no ones balloons were delivered but they put all my money back on my card..I said how long does it take to receive your money back???I was told 3-5 working days..It's May 21, 2018 an my money still haven't been added back on my card..I don't understand how you take money off someones card an don't deliver what you claimed you would..then have to go through hell to receive your money back an I still haven't received my funds back for a order that took place on 5-10-18..This company will never get my business or my staff business ever again..

delivery

1-800-Balloons

disney balloon bouquet

I reside in Scotland and ordered this bouquet to be delivered to my Grandaughter in CT who was having her 2nd Birthday Party on 11/11/17.
I received an email informing me that due to a "System Error" the delivery had not been made as requested and would now be delivered on 12/11/17. I emailed how disappointed I was that the order was not delivered and gave the reason why. I was informed that the delivery charged of $5 would be refunded. On 12/11/17 I received another email asking if I still wanted delivery on 12/11/17 - I replied that I had never wanted delivery on that date and I cancelled the order requesting a full refund. I received an email confirming that the order was cancelled and full refund would be given. Today (13/11) I received an email from Customer Services advising that my order had been successfully delivered on Saturday 11/11/17??? Really? I spent circa $77 on this and I am really disappointed.

incompetense

I ordered mickey mouse balloons for my autistic son's birthday 3 days Before the delivery date only to find...

charged but did not send everything ordered!

A woman in alabama ordered a balloon bouquet from this company it was suppose to have 6 mylar balloons and 6...

wrong product to a wrong address delivery

I ordered 6 mylar balloons online to be delivered July 5, 2016 at my mother's home. She is a stroke victim and currently resides in nursing facility. I was traveling to Virginia to be with her on her birthday, and was planning to bring the balloons to her myself.

I arrived at her home on July 5 and asked the only occupant, my brother, if a delivery had been made. He confirmed that no delivery of any kind had arrived, and no notice had been left. When I visited my mother the next day, her 88th birthday, there were 5 birthday balloons in her room, without any identifying note or information. I assumed they belonged to the other woman who co-occupies the room with my mother.

Since the order I paid for never arrived, I contacted the company to ask for a refund. They claimed that the balloons were delivered on either July 5 or July 6 (though could not confirm which day). A subsequent telephone call revealed that the delivery person claimed that they had left a notice and had been told that my mother was in a nursing home. They could not confirm who told them, or when. I replied that there was no note with the balloons in the room, and that there were only 5 and I had ordered 6. 1-800Balloons.com response on voicemail was that they would deliver a rose. When, or where, or even to whom, was not disclosed.

This online company delivered the wrong product to a wrong address, changing that address without my authorization, and did not offer to credit me for my expenditure. I strongly recommend those interesting in sending balloons choose a different vendor.

• Br
    brad Mar 13, 2009

companies like this along with 1800flowers, justforyou flowers and many more are nothing but order gatherers. they have people setting in a cubeicle answering the phone and taking orders. charging the customer more money than they should. when order is taken they do not deliver them. they will call a local florist in area delivery is to be made and a lesser dollar amount is given for order. i know i have checked in to this. thats why yhe public needs to buy local for their area. then you will know what you are getting and if any complaints you can go straight the location.

• He
    Helen123 Oct 21, 2018

I ordered these flowers 'Spring Sonata' for my daughters 21st birthday The arrangement is bulked up with cheap looking flowers (see attached advertised vs actual photo). It doesn't match the description, delivered in a square glass vase not a terracotta pot!. Aside from the $43 cost, they look carelessly arranged and cheap. V Disappointed.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices