T-Mobile & TLC Marketing / customer fraud

United States Review updated:
I renewed my My-Faves contract with T-Mobile back in November 2007 and sent in all of the paper work to TLC Marketing and that has been the end of it. I have contacted T-Mobile monthly as well as TLC and have only been thrown back and forth. The only information that I have received is that I do qualify but I have not gotten a booking request form from anybody. It is now October and nothing. I am strongly considering leaving T-Mobile after my contract is up for do to their contract violation.
Br

Comments

18th of Oct, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I am going through the same thing right now. TLC marketing has told me that they will contact me but nobody ever contacts me. TLC marketing is a scam and their customer service is horrible!!
Ja
  30th of Oct, 2008
After almost giving up on the free flight offer due to ridiculously impossible booking guidelines and thinking the whole deal was a scam, I received an e-mail from T-Mobile reminding me to submit my booking request form, together with an FAQ sheet and T-Mobile concierge contact number. I called that number and found them quite helpful, so I filled out our forms and sent them off to TLC Marketing, P. O. Box 450, Hudson, MA by certified mail. It is now a week since I sent the certified letter and have been tracking it every day. The status by the postal service in Hudson, MA shows that the letter was attempted to be delivered and a notice left. So far, nobody has signed for it (they obviously aren't even checking the post office box). I called T-Mobile to ask them for a telephone number for TLC. The said the only thing they can do is send an e-mail. That was 3 days ago. No response. I went on TLC's website, found an e-mail address, sent them an e-mail with my complaints and my e-mail came back as undeliverable. I called their number but could only leave my story on a general voice mail. Then I go on-line and see stories from others with similar complaints and now am convinced again that I will never see our free flights. I am soooo angry and disgusted.
Jo
  5th of Nov, 2008
Just let the dates you requested elapse. Then, get the competitive rates from different airlines and SUE, BABY, SUE!!!

Small claims court is great. Odds are you will win, and when you do, you can get your satisfaction of having free wireless service for a loooooong time.

Isn't America great!
Je
  5th of Nov, 2008
I am having the same exact problem! I sent in my booking request form and was told I would be contacted at the end of October. The t-mobile web site says you will be contacted no later than 60 days prior to your first requested departure date. That date has come and gone (Oct 27) and I still have not heard a thing. I've called EVERYDAY and left messages and have not heard anything. I've called the t-mobile concierge number and they tell me all they can do is send them a message. I'm getting really frustrated from all of the run around. We've had this trip planned for a long time. I have a companion flight I'd be purchasing as well and the prices are just going up and up and the days go by. Do we have a case? Does anyone know any success stories or are they all horror stories like these.
Al
  7th of Nov, 2008
Same story here. If I don't here back today, I am contacting my attorney. This is just simply ridiculous. We should get together and file a class action.
  10th of Nov, 2008
I am also having the same problem. We are trying to fly the end of December and no one has been getting back to us. We sent in the booking request forms in August! Anyone have other phone numbers to call? This is ridiculous, we have a military schedule we are trying to work with so we need to know (which is why we sent in the request forms so early)!! Any help anyone has would be appreciated!
Dm
  15th of Nov, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I haven't heard back from those pukes either! What a scam!
An
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
lets sue. violation of contract. I can't even get ahold of anyone. does anyone have their number? all I get is what seems to be a fax line.
  18th of Nov, 2008
My situation is slightly different as I applied for the promotion via a friends and family promotion. I was assured when I ordered my plan that I would definitely qualify for the promotion. I requested many times that Tmobile send me written comfirmation of this, and they said due to company policy they can not send me written confirmation, but no need to worry everything will work fine. Well now they deny ever having made that commitment. I had the id of the original sales person, and they inform me that they will reprimand the person for telling me incorrect information, but they will not stand behind it. This promotion seems to be a total fraud. TLC has me down as having qualified, but the Tmobile web site will not let me print a booking request form. Tmobile has clearly lied to me, and will not live up to their commitment.
Andrew, TLC's phone number is 605-978-2047
  18th of Nov, 2008
I thought I am the only one being fooled around by TLC. I guess not:) Last April, I got into the situation when I had to file a complaint to BBB. Guess what? They called me at the beginning of September and ask me if I am going to use my voucher for free flight. Of course I said yes! Also, the lady said someone would contact me prior (not within, I specify it with her - she confirmed - PRIOR) 60 days of my first requested date. Which actually supposed to be three weeks ago, and as you understand, I haven't received any phone calls yet. More than that - I was trying to call myself, I talked to numerous amount of reps of TLC, left few voice mails to their manager Deb (conveniently, every time I was requesting to talk to her she was unavailable) - still nothing. I hope another complaint to BBB will do the trick again.
  18th of Nov, 2008
Guys, look what I found - "...If anyone wants to try talking to the President of TLC (Mr. Walter Osterman), this is his direct dial number: 617 788-9696. His email is wosterman@tlcwm.com..." I haven't tried it myself yet, but I definitely will.
  18th of Nov, 2008
The number I posted does belong to Mr. Osterman office, even though his secretary on the voice mail. I left the message where I said that I would spell BB for them if I will not receive my tickets in time. Will see what they will say...
Mo
  20th of Nov, 2008
Since T-Mobile is benefiting from their promotion, they need to be held accountable.

Everyone should turn in their phones and cancel their service due to breech of contract and non-performance.

If T-Mobile attempts to charge a cancellation fee, file a small claims lawsuit.

Send complaint letter to your state Attorney General.

Obtain service through another company such as MetroPCS if they providing service in your area.
Li
  1st of Dec, 2008
Same here i followed all the procedures and i am still waiting, no follow up from TLC or t-mobile as they say it is TLCs concern.
Lo
  4th of Dec, 2008
OK, so who has contacted an attorney to file a class action suit. Stupid me, I stuck with T-mobile b/c of this promo. I guess I shouldn't hold my breath for traveling at the end of December.
Lb
  25th of Dec, 2008
Everyone who is due a free flight voucher from T-Mobile should file a class action suit. I have been waiting for almost one year. I have contacted Robert Dotson's office, and was transferred to one of the Executive customer service team members. I am getting the runaround and I know it. I am currently waiting for TLC to contact me regarding my voucher that T-Mobile said they approved to be sent. First they told me it was in the mail. Now they say a link should be sent to my email. Of course, that never happened. I am waiting for this last attempt they said would get me the voucher. If I don't have it by Jan 30th, I am filing a suit, not a complaint, but I will begin a class action suit against T-Mobile. My message to Robert Dotson...Watch out for the biggest fight of your executive life!
Jp
  4th of Jan, 2009
I didn't want to believe it, but now I do. T-mobile has totally scammed us. I signed up for their Free Flight Promo in Nov. 2007 and have tried relentlessly to talk to someone who can tell me what has happened to my booking form. I sent it in early Oct. of 2008 and never heard back. I have called Tmobile 7 times since, an hour at a time, and still no answers. They tell me 'someone' from the 'business office' will email or call me in 24 hours. Ha! I haven't received either.
I am on board for pressing charges.
Sh
  26th of Jan, 2009
I am having the same problem. I signed up in November 2007 to T-Mobile for this scam. I followed all the protocols and have received nothing back from TLC. I call and no returned calls. It's a total scam! I will be demanding free phones and 2 months of free service or I will be cancelling T Mobile's service once my contract is up.
Em
  2nd of Feb, 2009
Hay I will be willing to join a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT if I can find a lawyer who is willing to get one started. I live in Las Vegas, NV let me know

T-Mobile USA Logo T-Mobile USA