T-Mobile / free flight

United States Review updated:
4.45
I registered for the T-Mobile free flight last November after extending my contract for two years. I was told I was qualified. After almost a year of constantly calling and filling out the form multiple times, I recieved my free flight booking request last week (October 2008). Each time I call it seemed like the process had changed and the representatives had no idea what was going on. I have to use the flight by next March, which is almost impossible due to the holidays approaching and my wife is an accountant and cannot leave the office during tax season (Jan-April). We will probably end up not using the flights, which is a little disappointing because we were hoping to plan a trip to Las Vegas over the summer! I am very upset with T-Mobile and the disorginization of the whole process.

Comments

Jo
  5th of Nov, 2008
Just let the dates you requested elapse. Then, get the competitive rates from different airlines and SUE, BABY, SUE!!!

Small claims court is great. Odds are you will win, and when you do, you can get your satisfaction of having free wireless service for a loooooong time.

Time for the little guy to flex his muscles!

Isn't America great?
Br
  6th of Nov, 2008
even if you go to small claims court you won't be able to sue..
it's in the terms and conditions that you aren't able to sue, t-mobile, tlc, tlc workers...blah blah blah. good luck!

america is great!! :)
Jo
  11th of Nov, 2008
Brooke -I'll let you know-I, m filing tomorrow!!
Le
  12th of Nov, 2008
I also received a promotional deal with tmobile last november 07, for the free flight! I'm begining to think that this promo is fraud! I too have had countless times of talking to reps who don't seem to know whats going on. I sent in the forms and activated two accounts within the guidelines and only got one voucher. Everytime I call they say they don't have my husbands name on the list. Then they check out his phone number's activation and say that he qualified and will have to do a business inquiry and get back to me in 7 - 14 days. Then no one calls back! So I am stuck doing the same thing again. I left a message with a supervisor in the "concierge" department and another inquiry is supposed to go out today. I am at a loss of what to do next. By the time I get the second voucher there will be no flights left and flights have to be booked by March 31, 2009. This seems like a scam. You would think there would be a class action suit with all the complaints I have seen on the internet. If anyone has any phone numbers please post a comment. The number I have been calling is (605)978-2047. What can be done about a fraudulant promotion? I wonder if anyone has received an actual flight through this promotion.
Ch
  9th of Jan, 2009
I started the TLC free flight process last July. I filled out the form and had it returned and said I needed to do it again because it wasn't done right, just as I was getting ready to mail it I got a call from them. They wanted to set up my flight and said oh no need to mail it now we can do it over the ph. but every date I requested had no seats free...I picked dates in the middle of the week, on the weekends, to different cities and no luck . So I was given a # to call when I could figure another date...haha I work for the school system so that means set vacation time until this stupid thing expires in March and as we know any school holiday is going to be a blackout date in their book... So I started calling again in Dec. to get tic for Feb. no calls back from TLC...the wonderful concerige (sp.) haha tells me they can only me email them. I call again on Xmas break eveyday and am told TLC hasn't checked email..I look up TLC's # which concerige doesn't have and call to find out they are closed for 2 wks for holidays! Thought only the schools did this??? I call concerige back and they are shocked, they were never told TLC would be closed! RIGHT! Well Ashley that I was talking to was nice and spoke to her super..I was told I would get a call by Wed.(1-7-09) from TLC..NO CALL so I call Ashley today again..well NASTY RUDE Bill answers and starts chewing me out like this is my fault! I ask for his boss and sit on hold for 20 mins and then told boss can't do anything ..I said I want to talk to boss BRIAN and he finally gets on the ph and said he is Ashley's only boss and never told her to tell me I would get a call by WED. cause it is a 5-7 day wait! So I am at the waiting game again...then they want to talk to me about my sisters tic??? She doesn't share a ph or any lines with me how can they do that? HEPA LAW!!! I said NO I am not calling abou that... SO anyone that wants to file a class action I am on board and I know my sister will be also! We both got stuck with 2 yrs of service cause of this scam!!!
Ra
  16th of Jan, 2009
I too, renewed my contract through T-mobile in November of 2007. I thought I was getting a great deal and have an account in excellent standing with them. I was purchasing my sister a cell phone for Christmas anyway, so I took the opportunity to get the second account because the promotion allowed for 2 tickets.

I got my booking form at the end of March with no problems, but didn't receive hers. It took hours of calls and frustration to have someone finally figure out that she had only been set up for a one year contract instead of two. As a result, the system didn't automatically issue the form.

I finally got not one, but two "replacement" forms in September 2008. I made plans to go to New York in January. My sister was living in NYC when the planes hit and has not been back since. This is the only way we could afford to go, and it is definitely not just a getaway trip. Remembering how long it took just to get the forms, I made sure to keep the originals myself and send photocopies to TLC via certified mail. (It's not like they'd notice the difference, all they sent me was a standard letter with a tracking number.) The return postcard shows they were received and signed for on 12/15/2008.

Surprise, surprise I haven't been contacted by a booking agent yet. Further, per their agents, TLC was closed for the better part of two weeks during the holidays. It is now January 16th and I called for the final time this morning to try and get this resolved. I contacted TLC and was greeted by the rudest rep yet who said he couldn't find anything under either name despite the fact that every other rep could locate them. He said he had no supervisor available and when I asked for the supervisor above that person that they weren't there because they'd "taken a long weekend".

Each time I spoke with anyone who actually assisted me in either TLC or T-mobile's customer service department every person told me I'd done everything correctly. I work in a call center for a major online travel company and have heard every excuse in the book for people wanting to cancel their reservations. As a result, I am extremely careful in booking travel plans and always read the fine print.

Nowhere in the contract does it say that they have any blackout dates where they won't be processing requests. It clearly states that I will get a call from a booking agent fourteen CALENDAR days after they have received my forms. It is far past fourteen calendar days and business days even if you subtract four days for Christmas and New Year's.

The final call I made was to T-mobile in a last-ditch effort to get my tickets. After the regular rep cold transferred me to the wrong department, a sympathetic supervisor named Angela waived my entire bill for February. That was nice, but it still doesn't help my tickets any. I figure the best case scenario is that I call on Monday and hope they do something more after I advise them I've already sent complaints to the FCC and BBB and that my attorney will be sending a demand letter. Wish me luck.
Tm
  26th of Jan, 2009
This is so ridiculous!! Something has to be done about this!! All the stories are the same and guess what?? MINE IS EXACTLY the same!!! They keep telling me to wait 5-7 business days and this has been going on since AUGUST!!! I've had it!! I understand that they are trying to get new customers but guess what TMOBILE this is NOT the way to SCAM people!!! I have been with TMOBILE since 2004, re newed my contract for 2 yrs because of this and now I'm stuck with a contract until NOVEMBER 09 and NO TICKETS/ NO FLIGHTS!!! Someone has to do something!
Ra
  27th of Jan, 2009
I, too, am having the exact problem as everyone else here. We submitted our booking request form in mid december. We've called countless times, and we get absolutely nowhere. I started a yahoo group for this issue so we can all help each other! And, if necessary, it organizes us better in case we need to start a class action suit. Here's the link: http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/rippedoffbytmobile/ please join!! We have more power if we organize ourselves.
Cy
  30th of Jan, 2009
I too am having the exact problems. Also I have a Family Plan, means 2 tickets right? Well, they are saying that I only get one. For over 3 weeks I've been getting the run-around. When I did try to book a flight (before I realized I only had 1 ticket) they wanted $86.00 to fly from MD to FL. $25 is for booking the the rest is taxes and fees? Really? $61.00 in taxes and fees???? I could get the same flight thru Expedia for $146.00. It's a scam. To fight back I made a complaint with The BBB (Better Business Bureaus_http://www.bbb.org/online/consumer/default.aspx) and also e-mailed my local TV station. I also plan to e-mail my local Attorney General's office. If you want to do something, do the same. I would love for national shows like 20/20 or 60-Minutes to report this. Complains (other than in boards) in mass is the only way to stick-it to T-Mobile. The Class Action Suit is a good way to go. See above.
Ca
  2nd of Feb, 2009
I have been on the phone with the TLC Conceirge line every 2 weeks for the past year. My first booking requests for received by them on April 6th. I had them delivered requiring a signature. That set never got entered into their system at all. After MONTHS of being promised emails to managers I finally got my new booking request forms in October...and I of course immediately sent those in. In December I called because I still have not heard from the agent. They say I did not include a departure date on one of my 3 dates. I have copies of everything that I sent in and yes I had all the correct dates. When I told her how aggravating this has been she informed me that she has no record of me ever calling. THEY DELETED ALL OF THE NOTES FROM MY PRIOR CALLS!!! Why would they do that other than they knew they were in the wrong. I'm sure I'll never receive my flights as promised.

This is a scam and I do hope a class action gets started! We do not deserve to be treated like this!!! Do a Google search for TLC Marketing and Free Flight program. This is not the first time they have put consumers through this. There have been other companies (such as JCPenney, and Levi) that have offered this flight program and their consumers have had as many problems as we have. TLC has designed this progam to be as cost effective as possible...at our expense!!!
Ch
  19th of Feb, 2009
I had trouble getting my reservation form (they said I activated my phones past the Thanksgiving 07 weekend deadline - not true). They finally sent the form, I sent it back in late November 08 with three different destinations, 3 different dates and have heard absolutely nothing. I hope some attorney is getting this together for a class action lawsuit. I'd join.
Pr
  23rd of Feb, 2009
im having the same problem. they sent mines back saying everything had to be different. im waiting for my booking form to come i have a few days left so i was going to ship it overnight delivery. they keep saying ppl will call and they dont. im so frustrated like is there a way to sue or something? this is not right!
Ro
  18th of Jul, 2009
I registered and was approved for the free flight program. The date to book travel was extended to June 17, 2009. I called at 9:00 a.m. that day and was told "all circuits are busy, call back later". I continued throughout the day (perhaps 40 to 50 times and received the same message) I never made contact. At 4:00 p.m. I called again for the 50th time and I was put on hold (your call will be answered in the order it was received). I was on hold for 61 minutes and my cell phone went dead. I received my bill from T-Mobile and they charged me $25.00 for that call. I was credited that amount when I called them the next day and was also told that the promotion ended and that T-Mobile has no access to the travel line, blah blah...I must have called the customer care dept. a dozen or more time and spoke with manager, directors and it became so frustrating that I ended up crying on one call. My complaint is that due to the volume of calls that T-Mobile should have expected to and is responsible to take measures to handle the customer calls. I have written to customer relations and if I do not get resolution, I am going to small claims court. THEY SIMPLY CANNOT GET AWAY WITH THIS.

T-Mobile USA Logo T-Mobile USA