Symantec / Norton / unrecognized renewal

1 unknown, United States Review updated:
Phone: unknown

This is a form of piracy or rico.I have paid twice for a byears subscription and it will not download into a new lap top. Along with pop ups that will not go away or keep coming to say i need to renew.I called the MOUNTAIN VIEW office [protected] in late sept 2009 to get put on hold for a india rep who after transferring three times in a 30 minute call says he will make a complaint # and fix the problem.NOT EVEN ONE courtesy call back in three months.I have emailed twice. This last return email, after i contacted the media room, says DO NOT REPLY this is outgoing only.The last email I sent told you there is a FBI website to report internet fraud I can find out just how many others are having this same problem.Why schould people wait a half of an hour for customer service and then still there is NO RESOLVE.This is just like BERNIE Madoff who says now why did it take so long for people to wake up.Order # [protected].You even changed my password twice and the acct takes the old password not the one you emailed me (GREAT SCAM)? I used you for years.Whats the deal start up with a ligit
website then see you can make more from scamming people?I will send registered to you CEO MY PHONE RECORDS ON JUST HOW LONG I HAVE been on hold.Look up internet fraud and see the address for the fbi to post a complaint.TODAY is nov 1 2009 you have my phone number email fix this by Wed nov 4 2009 or I will do that.

Comments

• Ki
      15th of Aug, 2007
    Symantec / Norton - Poor service!

Symantec Customer UNservice! Symantec double charged my account when I ordered an on-line download. Because of this, my mortgage check bounced. It took them over 3 days to respond and refund the money! Not only do they not provide customer service for complaints, they want to charge you $9.95 to talk to someone when there is an issue with THEIR product!? The 1-800 staff they have is absolutely incapable of understanding issues. Further more, the last 2 times I have spoken to someone about them paying my late fees, their computers 'suddenly' go down. You're telling me a company that makes their money off of making other people's computers safe doesn't have access to their own computer system? I have been trying to get this resolved for 3 weeks, and they will not respond. Now I have late fees and bounced check fees from all angles because Symantec made a mistake, and they will not resolve it.

I think, as a consumer, your more safe WITHOUT the Norton Pro-Virus programs.

• Wm
      21st of Aug, 2007
    Symantec / Norton Antivirus - Lack of customer support!

I have been working with 5-7 different Symantec "customer service" people to help get NAV uninstalled and reinstalled. In the past I could do this myself - but not anymore. I finally go to two different Level 2 Engineers. Using "gotoassist" I gave them access to my computer. The first engineer was almost done with his "test" when my computer decided to reboot and I lost him. The one yesterday, Nanda, did a bunch of work and then logged off.

Now my computer takes 7 minutes to load my few desk icons (this usually takes 10 seconds0, and it takes 2 minutes to open the recycle bin and another 2 for delete to execute. The call in number is useless, they only tell me why they cannot help me. The chat line is better but it usually takes 25 minutes on hold to talk to anyone and even if you give them all your case numbers, they want to start all over.

I cannot find a number for Symantec or Norton Corporate Customer Service and now I do not have NAV on my system and it runs slower than a turtle.

• Gr
      22nd of Aug, 2007

Different problem. Same company. I have been slowly but surely losing my mind trying to purchase a new but slightly different subscription for my Norton anti virus program. Why the latest rejection? Wrong ZIP code. Sorry, I don't have a ZIP code. In Canada we use an AREA code. But maybe Norton can no longer handle "foreign transactions".

• Th
      9th of Sep, 2007

Recently i bought a Norton Internet Security 2007 last month at PC world and tried to install. There was a problem in updates and went for online chat help. Four technical expert of Symantec could not solve and finally they had givenup. I again went to return the product and bought new Norton Internet 2007 .This time i had problem with live updates.

I am also fed up with the technical help.

Mohan.

• Ra
      28th of Apr, 2008
    Symantec / Norton - Double Charges
    Missouri
    Phone: 573-696-3397

I renewed my subscription not knowing that my subscription for virus protection was on an atomatic renewal system. Now I have two charges on my Visa statement, both for $39.99.

I ask that one of the charges be removed, please.

Thanks!

Linda McKenzie

1st of May, 2008

I do not want Norton on my computer.
    The reference number is 24692168102000994035330

• Do
      15th of May, 2008
    Symantec / Norton - Scam and rip off!
    Phone: 2703627725

I ordered Norton from the internet. April 13, 08 $68.98 was charged to my visa however, I keep getting a popup that my norton service has expired.

• Ge
      7th of Jun, 2008
    Symantec / Norton - Will not acknowledge payment
    26 bramham chase newton aycliffe
    England, Durham
    United Kingdom
    Phone: 01325 314527
    www.symantec.com

I have paid annual fee, this they did receive, but now I am constantly told I have not renewed & all sorts of things are happening on my laptop.

• Dg
      12th of Jun, 2008
    Symantec / Norton - Billed twice
    Georgia

I have been billed on my credit card for DRI Symantec, $49.99 renewal fee, TWO times. One is MYORD.COM/SYMN and the other is www.myord.commn.

• Al
      1st of Aug, 2008

I was charged on my credit card 49.99 for the renewal of symantec norton 442076165600 without authorization. Please cancel the product because I am not interested. I made a stop payment on my credit card. Please let me know what information if any you need Thank you.
    Please can you do something, because I don't have the norton anymore since Mach, 2008, now I have another computer and I don't wanna this anymore! please send me an e-mail or something and cancel the payment.
    thank you!

• Ji
      5th of Aug, 2008

The worst customer service I have ever come across!!!

• Ke
      26th of Aug, 2008

On 7/28/08 Order #2094907919 I tried purchase Norton 360 and extended downlown for $76.28 and I was not able to download. I then purchased on 8/13/08 Norton Antivirus Order # 20951788583. I was surprised to see the charge on my statment I thought the purchase did not go through as I was unable to install it. Please remove the charges for the 7/28/08 purchase.

• Ct
      12th of Sep, 2008
    Symantec / Norton - Virus protection program not download

It is seemingly impossible to get through directly to symantec / norton to complain. I attempted to download first one program, order # 4811687412 2 for $69. 99 on 8 / 21 / 08 and then when that wouldn't download, order #775593724 for 114. 99 also on 8 / 21 / 08. As i couldn't download these, i switched to mcafee and successfully downloaded their anti - virus program. Subsequently, i could find no way to get through to norton when they suddenly emailed me saying that they were charging me for the above programs as if they had been successfully downloaded. My attempts were repulsed with a rejection of my e - mail address. I had to consequently wait until i received my mastercard notice, which is supposed to have a vendor's phone number on it. Instead, i ago the email address not of symantec, but of some universal sort of complaint service. I need for these charges to be taken off my bill. I double paid for the last symantec i ordered on 8 / 2 / 06, order #2084134507 (Symantec notified me on 2 / 8 / 08 that i had not yet downloaded it though i had tried hard at the time and eventually bought a two - year subscription, but in spite of the fact that i had in the meantime (Really almost simultaneously) bought a two - year protection, they made no effort to refund the money. (I am not asking a refund on the 06 order, just including it in the facts to show that norton / semantic do not seem to know what they are doing.) i don't intend to pay them money again for services i do not receive, for programs i cannot download at the time i order them. I would appreciate anything you can do for me in this case.
    Thanks,
    Ctr

15th of Sep, 2008
    symantec generic 250806212 - slowed my computer to a stop
    margaret hogan
    15 stuyvesant oval apt 8 B
    new york city
    Phone: 212-254-4715

through the internet I purchased a virus protection product and it slowed my computer to a stop. It cost over $100 to take it out and replace it. This was done at Moorhous Computers in Saugerties, NY

8th of Dec, 2008

Noton charge my card wo / authorization can you pliase refund.

20th of Feb, 2009
    Norton Anti Virus - false advertisment
    symantec
    norton.com

Norton will sell you a product that does not work. Then they give you the run around for almost two hours and want you to give them more money to clean your p.c... That is why you purchased the product to begin with, so you dont have to worry about your p.c... Then the ### will give you a web site and a connection code that does not exsist. I am tired of companies stealing from the consumer and I am not about to let this rest. I have and will contact all proper autharoites over this matter. People stop being ripped off!!! I am tired of being robbed from multi million dollar companies and its time we all woke up to this. Have a great fnnn day!
    One pissed off customer.

• Ap
      12th of Mar, 2009
    Symantec / Norton - they want me to wire them the money
    Brooklyn
    New York

I was sent an e-mail asking me to wire-trnasfer the money to them. Yet they have my credit card info and all other needed info to electronically bill me.

14th of Apr, 2009

I ordered norton on 4 / 10 / 09 for $69. 98 and then was unable to download. I would like a refund of$69. 98 since i was unable to use this program. Thank you

17th of Apr, 2009
    Norton 360 Version 30 Upgrade 1 - have not received a confirmation
    Surprise
    Arizona
    Phone: 623-977-0537

I sent my moneyorder on 03/28/2009 for my noton upgrade and have received nothing showing that it has been accepted. My order number is 2099434207, order date 28-MAR-09. Why have I not received a confirmation of my order?
    Joyce Wilson
    New address: 12633 N. St. Andrew Dr. W Sun Ciy, AZ 85351 and new phone number is 623-977-0537. The email is the same. bigmamajb@msn.com. Thank you for your prompt attention.

17th of Jun, 2009
    symantec download renewal - account was charge for renewal of norton antivirus renewal and it did not download,plus i was overcharge $20.00
    Novi
    Michigan

renewed and attempted to download norton antivirus product did not upgrade or download to computer