Symantec Norton Antiviruscharged me w / o authorization

Symantec Norton Antivirus company charged me $39.99 without my authorization. In fact, when they sent to me e-mail for possible auto-update, I told them NOT to do it, and I have an e-mail to prove it.

here is a prove..

Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 06:39:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: "wassen" <[protected]@yahoo.com> View Contact Details Add Mobile Alert

Subject: Re: You are scheduled for automatic renewal
To: "Symantec Renewals" <[protected]@subscriptions.symantec.com>

Please don't do it unless I told you so. If you charge my card without my authorization, you will be responsible for the consequences.

Regards,

Wassen

• Su
    susann hesp May 10, 2008

I have paid twice for my Norton subscription my order no. 1847804067 there are two amounts of £39.99 on my credit card bill one from symantec uk luxembourg and one from norton renewal 276165600. I would like a refund for one of the payments.

• Ar
    Archie Mc Kinnon May 29, 2008

I have paid my subscription up to Febuary 2009.
    I am receiving notices telling me I have twenty five days to renew. Will you stop sending those warnings .9fd89

• Cl
    clinton homan Jun 11, 2008

I upgraded my software on may 19 2008 by download, order number VAB11387419 product serial number TVRTY6W6RBRB product key TQ8Y73C2D36Y8XTWHPPB2P9HP.my computer shows no evendence of this renewal. my computer remains unprotected i would like a responce to fix this problem ASAP you have debited my checking account $59.99 0n May 19 2008

• Sh
    Shayne Wilson Jun 26, 2008

Please cancel my automatic renewal. I do not wish to have this service. I will update my Norton thru my computer people.

Thanks
    Shayne

• Ly
    lynda frank Jul 07, 2008

My account was charged on June 18 08 to renew order number VAB12499875
    I keep getting popups about renewing please correct this.
    Lynda Frank

[email protected]

• Fe
    Fern Gould Jul 29, 2008

You charged me twice for my renewal for Symanted Norton AntiViris. Will you please take one of the charges off of my credit card?
    Sincerely, Fern Gould

• Gr
    Greg Gilbert Aug 03, 2008

Norton 360 tells me I have 14 days to renew and then charges me $59.00 telling me I agreed to it .Take me off any lists I don't
    have a choice in.Thank you Greg G

• Al
    alice polk Aug 05, 2008

billed 7/03/08 for norton antivirus software on my american express credit card

billed 7/21/08 for same

• Al
    Albert Scott Aug 25, 2008

Notified today Norton Antivirus renewed automatically. This is an incorrect action for these
    reasons:

On 8/7/08 I called at 10.00 a.m. advising that I did not want to renew Norton coverage. I was given ref.#22406 and told that he would take care of this with the expiration of my coverage on 8/6/08.

A further action on my part was to Uninstall Norton coverage on 8/ll/08. I followed the instructions and have a printout before me of the processes followed. At that time the Norton Icon was removed from my screen and I assumed the uninstallation was completed satisfactorily.

In light of the above your notice to me of renewal, sent
    to me today is incorrect and I now need email confirmation from you that you are cancelling that renewal, obviously processed in error.

That cancellation should certainly include assurance
    that you are taking steps to reverse the charge on my Visa account.

Please let me hear from you soon.

Albert Scott.

• Th
    Theresa Spildie Sep 02, 2008

Again, you really don't have a clue how to run a business. If you are in business to tick off the customer, than you have don't well. I have been trying for a month to cancel my subscription with your "company". I finally received an e-mail from Parthiban on 8-30-08 stating that he/he manually canceled my subscription (inciddent: 080830-001964). I thought this was finished...NO, today I get an e-mail saying that my subscription has been renewed. I contacted my bank and yes the amount has been taken out by Norton, and now I am in the red. Thanks a lot for nothing.
    I have just spent the last 20 minutes on hold trying to get someone with a voice to help me with this. After getting a human on the line I was able to talk for 1 minute and than I was cut off. HELP ME GET OUT OF THIS MESS!!!

Please return my money to my account and cancel my subscription with your company...
    Rest assured that I will not be recommending Norton to anyone that I know.

A very unhappy customer,
    Theresa Spildie

Jason Hunziker Sep 22, 2008

I received a call ove rthe weekend from my CC company informing me that I had charges going through they wanted to verify. One charge was for $53.99. automatic renewal through Norton and then a charge posting one hour later for 49.99 from DRI DigitalRiver.com. I contacted a Norton Rep through the website. I talked through the sites chat feature. I explained to him the following;

I was informed by Norton through email that my Automatic renewal couldn't go through because my billing information wasn't up to date from last year when I purchased the product. I updated my billing information. Not thinking the site would just process the automatic renewal again, I purchased the renewal through the site for $49.99 (this posted as DRI DigitalRiver). An hour afterwards the site did an autorenewal for another yr at $53.99. My virus scan showed my account was good for 700+ days through Oct 1st of 2010; virtually 2yrs of virus protection was purchased. The norton rep informed me that he was going to refund the $53.99 back to my CC. He gave me a case number to document the conversation and I copied down the transcript of our discussion. According to the rep it will take 5-7 days until the refund is in my account. We'll see what happens.

Good luck all. I hope everything gets worked out.

• Ad
    Adapa Lalith Raghav Oct 19, 2008

Symantec Norton Antivirus charged me $50 without my authorization. Norton sucks big time.
    Avast and AVG are lot better antivirus products.

• Sh
    Sheelagh Rowane Nov 13, 2008

DOUBLE ORDER MADE:
    I ordered Norton Antivirus coverage on Oct 15th 2008. Following my order on Oct 15th, the pop-up told me daily that I only had a reducing # of days to get coverage so I assumed that the order had not gone through so I ordered again Nov 12 when it told me that I had only one day left to order the coverage. I received my visa bill today and there is the order on Oct 15th for $129.97

I want to cancel the Nov 12 order and keep the Oct 15th order. Please cancel the latest order and keep the original order and let my credit card Visa company know. I want the order I made Nov 12 to be cancelled ASAP so that I am not billed a second time.

Sheelagh Mullins Rowane

• Pe
    Peggy Gunter Nov 18, 2008

Symantec makes it impossible to cancel renewal of Norton Anti virus. Buyer of online software beware!! I have been trying to cancel this for days and no luck.

• Mh
    M. Hatzenbuhler Nov 19, 2008

I DO NOT AUTHORIZE RENEWAL OF ANY NORTON ANTI VIRUS PRODUCT OF ANY KIND. DO NOT CHARGE MY ACCOUNT.

• Th
    Thelma Smallegan Dec 28, 2008

After downloading completed, ERROR MESSAGE was this : Install file cannot be validated. I could go no further at that time Please advise me of what to do next. I HAVE been charged for this product VJRDPGDKFDGXKX3B4B8B42V6J.

You can contact me 12/29/08 7-12 noon or 3--evening or 12/30/08 anytime on cell #231 388-2076 Thanks

• St
    string Feb 16, 2009

I ordered norton anti virus (2yr edition)for a charge of $69.98. When I downloaded the program, my computer got wiped out. I needed to reboot from scratch. I did not get the program I paid for and attempts to contact them about this have failed to get a response. I don't feel i should be charged for this

Jose R Torres May 06, 2009

Josr TorresIbought from your company norton antivrus$79.79 live time in 2of March key #bsc34328ac-4545a371ebf8af5.and now it shous that i wii have to renew shorly .please check my account and fix the problem yours truly jose r torres email [email protected]

Jose R Torres May 06, 2009

Ibought this product 2 March 2009 and i pay 79.95 which says life time norton antivirus and the # is BSC343FC-28AC-4545A371EBF8AF5. and understand that this product it no expire soon. plase check and let me now

chartom Aug 24, 2009

I was told yesterday by e - mail that there had been a glitch in my automatic renewal of the anti - virus product (I had to have my security code and date of expiration changed because of a threat.) . I therefore went on - line today and ordered, order #782355087, for a total of $39. 99. Later today i received a bill for a few dollars more for, i think, the same product. This order # vab34368735 and was told that this was an automatic renewal. I'm puzzled, and i cannot figure out how to get a telephone # or a chat page on the norton website. Can you help? Thanks.

• Ta
    Taliaka Aug 24, 2009

Hope this helps :)

• Ro
    Rose Gulley Oct 17, 2009

Addendum: request refund for unauthorized order.

• Pe
    peter emmerson Dec 06, 2013

unautherised withdrawal of renewal payment after i cancelled agreement 276165600

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices