Suntrust Banks / the closing of my business checking account without notification and without the release or access to funds

1 College Park, GA, United States

After attempting to log into my business checking account, I went into a suntrust branch off main street to to get feedback as to what is going on. Once the bank teller informed me that my account was closed, I was in disbelief. She then informed me that I could speak to the banker for further details regarding my account. After waiting in the bank for about 15 minutes, I informed one, that my account was closed according to the teller. He was not able to give me any information and stated that a check will be forward it to me in the amount of $11, 450.00 and some change. I was still in shock as to why my account was closed and why haven't I been contacted. Juan proceeded to inform me that he was not sure, however he stated that he has seen this before and that there could be many reasons as to why the account was closed. Juan proceeded to give me a telephone number that I could call and before I could walk out the door I called the 800-number. Not only did I have to call the number twice, I had to call it a third time to seek information regarding my account and the availability of my funds Finally after about 20 minutes Jeff Teague reviewed my account and informed me that there were some documents that I needed to complete. At this point I am sitting in front of the police station getting ready to fill out a fraud report regarding my funds. Jeff continued to inform me that the branch that Went into, should have informed me of the documents that needed to be completed. Regardless, I should not have been notified once I got into the bank. I should have received a call, a written notice, or some type of communication regarding access to my funds.

This needs to be resolved immediately as I must have access to my funds ASAP! This is just plain poor customer service and no one should be treated in these terms. I will proceed to file a complaint as I was advised if this is not handled immediately.

Ty