Steers / quality & service

1 South Africa Review updated:

To whom it may concern - if it concerns anyone at all

There is a steers close to the pietermaritzburg off ramp in a total garage - get this - the pietermaritzburg offramp - about 2-3 k's down to the right - total garage on both sides — # steers to the left.

Time: 10h00 saturday morning december 1 2007

Upon arrival I was told that I would be attended to shortly - another customer already waiting. the waitress / manageress then calmly continued to wrap another 4 sets of cutlery with a paper napkin before asking us for our orders. she really gave the impression that she did not want to be there at all.

We then proceeded to the toilets - me to a dark men’s toilet with the lights out of order - and my wife to a washroom full of flies.

When I reentered the restaurant I started looking for a clean table. I could not find one - I eventually found the chef and asked him for a cloth. he came and wiped a table down for us.

Whilst waiting for the food I noticed that the place has not been swept or cleaned either. some flies were enjoying the dirty tables.

The cutlery arrived first - all neatly wrapped. there was some green gunk stuck to the inside of my fork. the waitress looked interestingly at me while I proceeded to try and clean it with the napkin dipped in fanta orange. ended up eating the burger with my hand.

Our burgers arrived and being hungry - we started eating. I then realized that there were no condiments. I went to the counter and found the two big dispensers to be empty and their nozzles filthy. the mayo container manage to gurgle up a spurt on my arm. the head seemed to be loose.

The waitress then brought us some more empty and dirty condiment bottles. at least the tomato sauce had some in.

I then realized that my schalk burger meal looked nothing like the picture. on closer inspection I realized that the burger patties were obviously from last night. al flat and cold. tasting of old barbecue fat. thinking back I now realized that the grill had not been fired up yet.

We ate what we could. my wife “the coffee lover” did not even drink half her coffee. said it tasted like dish water.

We left without saying a word. because by now they were getting busy.

Maybe I should have said something. maybe i'm the only one with a runny stomach this morning. may you would like to feature a video of me running to the toilet on the home page of this website.

Please don't offer me any free food at steers since you won’t be seeing me for a long time. please don’t tell me to excuse this because it was early in the morning.

Not so kind regards,

Johan grobler

Comments

• Jr
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Steers - Service
    Durban
    South Africa

The steers in Umdloti is meant to close at midnight.Saturday 21 July ONCE AGIAN the shop is closed at 11.40pm
    The staff were rude and belligerent.
    This is appro the 4th time we have experienced this. The staff were gossiping umongst themselves about my husband and I.

• Ly
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Steers - Ribster Burger
    Sandton
    LYNLEIGHMORGAN@GMAIL.COM

Baught a ribster burger at sandton city and it was very pink.Is this the way it was suppose to look?

• Je
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Steers - Bad food
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

Black chips burnt patties and old buns definitely not steers standard we wont buy there in a hurry again!!! you have a email address to use on the website to send your complaints but the email bounces how does the problem get resolved you pay so much money for such poor food!!!

Steers - Service
    Vaalpark

Good day
    I have placed an order at Steers Vaalpark for 2 x cheesy chips and a buddy coke at 11:23 on the 30th of May 2018 and I received my food ice cold at 12:30 an hour later than I have placed my order I am very unsatisfied with Steers and will remeber this in the future.

• Er
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Steers - Out of stock....
    Cape town
    South Africa

This is now the third time I have come to the steers at cape town international airport and they don't have what I ordered. Or would like to order.

It's a Friday evening. All I would like a milk shake. That's it...

• Le
    Steers - Kingsteers and boerewors burger meals
    Potchefstroom
    South Africa

On our way to Pta from Klerksdorp we ordered burger meal. To our surprise both burgers had tomato sauce and mustard sauce. We laughed it off until we had to eat our chips. Burned and looked love yesterdays. We were so disappointed as this was the first time we experience dissatisfaction at a steers branch.

• Ad
    Steers - Object found in drink
    Table View

Good day

I have found a plastic object in my milkshake and pieces of plastic in my shake. Accidentally swallowed some of it and then vomited all my food up because of it. See attached. This is dangerous and very careless to say the least! I am still suck and concerned that I might have interal damages!

What are you going to do about this?

• Le
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Steers - My bill
    Turffontein West

Good Morning
    I would like to know why was I billed twice for one bill for the 27/04/2018 for meals amounting to R257.40 at shell ultracity in Escourt for machine 1429, the debt went of on the 09/05/2018. I would like to know if I should expect a refund from you guys, my email is masondoletty@gmail.com.

• Mo
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Steers - Product
    Walker drive, Port Elizabeth
    South Africa

I went to steers in walker drive, port elizabeth yesterday and was extremely disappointed that the hero rolls looked nothing like the picture. It was on a hot dog roll which if I had known, I would have never bought. Its something I could have made at home myself.

• St
      29th of Aug, 2018
    Steers - Chicken bacon feta and guacamole *contains chille
    Epping
    steers.co.za

I drove all the way hungry to the closest steers and when I got back to the office it was only a piece of chicken and macon on with bit feta. Where is my guacamole

1st of Sep, 2018
    Steers - Rotten rolls
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

I just purchased Rav burgers to find that both burger is rotten please steers sort the franchise at engen germiston in Refinery rd I'll never buy burgers here again

• Ti
      1st of Sep, 2018
    Steers - Steers Pongola, 30 minute wait, wrong order
    Pongola
    steers.co.za

I ordered at 10H24 and got the order at 10H55. It was a king steer meal and a cheese burger meal with a chocolate milkshake and the order was wrong they gave me a coke and I requested a fanta orange.

Bad service!!! Very unhappy!

• Ga
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Steers - Chicken and chips
    Bethlehem
    South Africa

I just came from you outlet in Bethlehem what a bad experience I waited patiently for my food as it was busy at you outlet got my food thanks but really disappointed in the quality chicken had a bad smell chips was over cooked and dull I hope for you and myself that me and my family do not get sick my order Nr was 353 inv 985662

• Be
      5th of Sep, 2018
    Steers - poor service
    queenstown eastern cape
    South Africa

I ordered 2hours ago 3 wacky wednesday for delivery. after the 2 hours i phoned. they said they never recorded my order. steers at engen garage queenstown are very unproffesional. they don't take it serious at all. last time they forgot to put chips in my rib burger combo and i had to go back and tell them.

• Cr
      10th of Sep, 2018
    Steers - Burger
    South Africa

Hi. I just bought a rib burger at Steers Capegate and they put no lettuce or tomatoe on. Manager Victoria took the burger back threw lettuce and tomatoe on and gave it back to me. How wrong it just doesnt feel right now I dont feel like eating it anymore. My order number was 65 Date 01 09 2018. The service is really crappy at this Steers

• Ta
      18th of Sep, 2018
    Steers - Rib Burgers
    Cape Town
    South Africa

Me and my friend went to go buy ×2 Rib Burgers on the 6 September 2018 just after 1pm at Steers Golden Acre. Both our rib patties were raw and our appetite were completely spoiled after a few bites. We could not return the burgers because it was during our lunch hour which took up most of our time to go to. Pictures attached.

• Pa
      18th of Sep, 2018
    Steers - Delivery late
    Gauteng
    South Africa

I order food from Steers Jabulani mall at 17h00 and now it's 1h44min later nothing. When I called the store several times no answer. I called customer service and I was put on hold for minutes. Where is my food?

Palesa Ramoshu
    Palesaramoshu@gmail.com

• Je
      20th of Sep, 2018
    Steers - Delivering Service
    Aliwal North
    South Africa

We are regular clients and placed an order to be delivered a mere 8km from aliwal north on a farm. They deliver here o a weekly basis. The driver could not find the farm and thereafter our order was confinetly cancelled. This was our last business with steers.

• Za
      15th of Oct, 2018
    Steers - Refund for Order # 18170540

Hi,

I ordered on sunday and they said they don't have my order and asked them to cancel. I then decided to order something else and they called and said they don't deliver where I stay however on the website it says they deliver and have to pay R15 for delivery. I need my money since I didn't receive my order.