Steers / quality & service

1 South Africa Review updated:

To whom it may concern - if it concerns anyone at all

There is a steers close to the pietermaritzburg off ramp in a total garage - get this - the pietermaritzburg offramp - about 2-3 k's down to the right - total garage on both sides — # steers to the left.

Time: 10h00 saturday morning december 1 2007

Upon arrival I was told that I would be attended to shortly - another customer already waiting. the waitress / manageress then calmly continued to wrap another 4 sets of cutlery with a paper napkin before asking us for our orders. she really gave the impression that she did not want to be there at all.

We then proceeded to the toilets - me to a dark men’s toilet with the lights out of order - and my wife to a washroom full of flies.

When I reentered the restaurant I started looking for a clean table. I could not find one - I eventually found the chef and asked him for a cloth. he came and wiped a table down for us.

Whilst waiting for the food I noticed that the place has not been swept or cleaned either. some flies were enjoying the dirty tables.

The cutlery arrived first - all neatly wrapped. there was some green gunk stuck to the inside of my fork. the waitress looked interestingly at me while I proceeded to try and clean it with the napkin dipped in fanta orange. ended up eating the burger with my hand.

Our burgers arrived and being hungry - we started eating. I then realized that there were no condiments. I went to the counter and found the two big dispensers to be empty and their nozzles filthy. the mayo container manage to gurgle up a spurt on my arm. the head seemed to be loose.

The waitress then brought us some more empty and dirty condiment bottles. at least the tomato sauce had some in.

I then realized that my schalk burger meal looked nothing like the picture. on closer inspection I realized that the burger patties were obviously from last night. al flat and cold. tasting of old barbecue fat. thinking back I now realized that the grill had not been fired up yet.

We ate what we could. my wife “the coffee lover” did not even drink half her coffee. said it tasted like dish water.

We left without saying a word. because by now they were getting busy.

Maybe I should have said something. maybe i'm the only one with a runny stomach this morning. may you would like to feature a video of me running to the toilet on the home page of this website.

Please don't offer me any free food at steers since you won’t be seeing me for a long time. please don’t tell me to excuse this because it was early in the morning.

Not so kind regards,

Johan grobler

Comments

• Jr
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Steers - Service
    Durban
    South Africa

The steers in Umdloti is meant to close at midnight.Saturday 21 July ONCE AGIAN the shop is closed at 11.40pm
    The staff were rude and belligerent.
    This is appro the 4th time we have experienced this. The staff were gossiping umongst themselves about my husband and I.

• Ly
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Steers - Ribster Burger
    Sandton
    LYNLEIGHMORGAN@GMAIL.COM

Baught a ribster burger at sandton city and it was very pink.Is this the way it was suppose to look?

• Je
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Steers - Bad food
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

Black chips burnt patties and old buns definitely not steers standard we wont buy there in a hurry again!!! you have a email address to use on the website to send your complaints but the email bounces how does the problem get resolved you pay so much money for such poor food!!!