Having problems with Steers?

Steers reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Dec 1, 2007. The latest review Unethical behaviour was posted on Jun 9, 2021. The latest complaint lies was resolved on Oct 25, 2019. Steers has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 308 reviews. Steers has resolved 10 complaints.

Steers Customer Service Contacts

57 Strand Street, Western Cape
Cape Town
South Africa

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Steers Customer Service. Initial Steers complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Steers above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Steers. Discuss the issues you have had with Steers and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Steers Complaints & Reviews

Steerscomplaint

I am disgusted with Steers, Mountain Mill, Worcester. After ordering Wacky Wednesday, customers arriving after me got their order which way before mine but it's the same orders. After 15 minutes i asked what was wrong and got my order only after asking. When i open my order in my car 30 seconds later it was ice could. The staff at counter are friendly but the service time on the food is poor, and i think it's because the owner is helping out at the counter and keeping everything up. I was willing to forget about the poor service and cold burgers, although frustrated. But when my second burger's patty was raw, i lost it. Will never buy food at that store and not recommend anyone.

Steers Musgraveincompetent service

Placed order at steers at 18:53 after speaking to 5 dif ppl my order didnt arrive a hour layer I phoned and was told it was on the way. It arrived incorrect without the chips and ice cold. Phoned the managers who informed me she sorry and send me cold.chips again!!! I am appalled what is this industry coming to, I pay for the food. The ppl that answer the phone can't even speak English or understand it. How are we suppose to place orders and receive proper service with this kind of treatment?

incompetent service

Steers — no stock

On Sunday morning 30/11 round about 4 in the morning myself and two friends went to steer at Engen garage...

Steers Vereeniging RiversquareWrong order

We went to steers vereeniging river squer and I ordered a orginal king steer burger paid r 61.90 for it and got a burger worth r49 I m really disapointet and I wil never again gou to steers above all they had the odasidy to try to tear off the sticker that says special my ribs where raw we waited 45 min for our food and the order was wrong and raw never again and I will be sure to tel all my friends and fammilie toe tell there friends and family to never again buy any thing from steers not even a ice cream

Steers — chips

My children and i bought 3 meals yesterday and i have never seen the chips made so terribly. As i actually...

Steers At Squaresignmidstreamslow service, bad processes

Hi

I have just returned from ordering 5 cups of filter coffee at the Midstream Steers. Waited 15 minutes.

Staff took the order and filled the cups in-between taking and filling orders for other customers. No problem with this process but 2 cups of coffee stood cooling while she waited for the milk to heat up. Having filled the cups, she then proceeded at tortoise pace to search for stirrers and sugar packets. Could she not have done this while waiting for the milk/coffee to heat?

I won't return to Steers for snacks and drinks for my stafff. There are other options.

Regards from

Catherine Boshoff

Steersuncooked burgers

We had stopped for a late lunch at Steers at Ultra City south just after Samrand off ramp and ordered 5 burgers and mikshakes. The first burger to be eaten was done rare and the management had changed it. They had apologised and said that they were using a new cooking method. My pregnant wife had the centre of the burger uncooked, my 10 year old ate a rare burger. My burger was uncooked in the centre. This was R320 wasted for a terrible meal that made us ill. Steers is not going to see us anytime soon!!! Please find attached picture of one of the uncooked burgers

uncooked burgers

Steers — bad customer service

I am currently Steers Seapoint, this is the worst experience I ever had in a Steers store. The person...

Steers Uitenhageice cream full of water and ice

We love Steers and often buy their food, however by now we have learned that the quality of Steers Food in Uitenhage differs from Steers in Port Elizabeth and Despatch. We have complained at the Steers Uitenhage Management with regards to their Soft Serves for one example. Go to any other Steers and you get a creamy texture, Steers Uitenhage's softserves are always watery and full of ice particals. This is an absolute scam as it seems they are trying to stretch their product, however in the interim are hurting the brand. I have heard the same complaint from numerous fellow Uitenhagers. What is the use of having the services in Uitenhage if you have to drive to PE anyway if you want promised quality?

Steersbad bad bad

Tonight, 15 November 2012, I decided to get my favourite ribs for dinner for us as I am feeling under the weather and not in the mood for cooking. So I ordered a dubble rack @ R114.95 from Steers Life Style Centre in Centurion for delivery. When I received the ribs and opened the box, there was exactly 7 bones with the toughest meat ever on it. I took a photo as I couldn't believe I just paid a R114.95 for 7 pieces of bone!!! Steers was always my favourite place to get ribs, but the portions are not what they say and the prices are rediculously expensive! Don't thinks I will EVER buy from Steers again!

bad bad bad

Steers Cycadpoor service and food

Good day
                Today I went to order the Special for R10 (for today only) ONLY to be told that they do not have that Special anymore, I have to order the normal Special. I went to Steers for that specific order not the usual order. I then already told my Kids to get an ice cream. I ordered the ice creams as well as the normal special with chips. I waited and waited and could not wait any longer as I only have 1hour lunch. After a while I asked them to deliver rather. When my food arrived it was ice cold and the chips as well as the patty was burned. When I was standing in the shop still their was a few people actually asking for their money back as they also could not wait so LOOOOOONG. The one Lady called the Owner/Manager of the shop and explained to her decently her situation. The Owner/Manager was very rood. This is most definitely not the way to run a Professional Business. I wanted the special.

Steersrib burger

Good day
                  The service today regarding the special as advertise on tv (Rib burger for r10.00) was a total disaster. I spend more than 2hours to search for a steers that I actually could get a rib burger and every where around faerie glen (Pretoria) it was sold out. My question is: how do you advertise a campaign like this word wide without having enough food for everybody?
                  Never the less my manager was even more furious because our lunch ti'me is 30minutes only. I had to apologise and feel that if there was enough food prepared for everybody this problem would not have occurred.

I need a voucher to make up for this inconvenience and know that i'm not the only one that's unhappy regarding today's experience. Kindly contact me via e-mail: [protected]@bestmed.co. Za. I'm working in a call centre and therefore request communication/feedback via e-mail please.

• Bh
                      Bhando Sep 26, 2019

Worst service ever i orders two Ribster Burgers from the steers at Bara city and they gave me two dry steers burgers .
                      When I got there I PLACED AN ORDER FOR THE RIBSTERS THE PRICE WAS R56.90 WHEN YOU HAVE THE COKE ZERO AS A DRINK BUT I DIDN'T WANT THAT SO I HAD THE FANTA ORANGE AND STONY AS DRINK AND THE PRICE WAS R57.90 I EVERN ASKED WHY SHE DIDN'T WARM MY PATTIES CAUSE THE STEERS AT DIEPKLOOF SQUARE THE DID THAT SHE SAID THE HAD WARM ONES ON THAT WARMER
                      WHEN I GOT HOME ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT IT'S NOT WHAT I ORDERED.
                      M VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS I WAS WARNERD NOT TO GO THERE BUT SINCE IT'S THE CLOSEST ONE TO HOME MARA WHAT I GOT WAS SHI***
                      SERVICE.

I WOULD LIKE THE MANGER TO CHECK MY THERE SERCURITY CAMERAS TO CHECK HOW MY ORDER WAS PREPARED AND IF IT'S WHAT I ORDERED THE DATE WAS 24/09/2019 the time is 16:20.

• Si
                      Siegmund Visser Jun 13, 2012

I agree with Vennesa
                      my wife went to Pine slopes Shopping centre in Fourways at 10:00 am to buy rib burger specials - no stock
                      we went there AGAIN at about 7:30 pm - a notice on the window stating "No Stock"
                      how can Steers run a country wide promotion if they have NO STOCK - you are not allowed to advertise if you can't deliver
                      i will NEVER supports steers again !!! Hope they go belly up !!
                      Siegmund Visser

Steers Rib Burgerburger

On Wednesday the 13th of June 2012 I went to Steers Gonubie and purchased 16 rib burger specials I could not believe my eyes when I opened them at home A dry bun with a rib patty and a slice of tomato a few crumbs of onion If that is Steers's def of a burger I will never buy a burger there again. I will be ashamed to sell something like that for R10 and then they say the normal price is R25 sorry to say but they will not see me or my friends again

Steers - Mount Edgecombeking steer burger pattie not cooked

Spent just over R40 for a King Steer meal, only to discover that the pattie was still raw inside... absolutely disgusting & totally put off.

Why is there no pride taken when in the food industry especially, do these people have passion for what they do or just do it coz its their job????

king steer burger pattie not cooked

Steersrude cashier & supervisor

Please refer toi invoice chk 9836, order number 36
                        Processed by cindy p on 22/07/2017 at 19:48.

Complaint: gross disrespect towards customer. I order two original burgers with one chips upsized to large and one kiddies meal. The service was of such poor quality that made me wonder on what principle and criteria does steers hire staff. The salesperson does not listen to what the customer orders and give what you did not order, when the supervisor is called she only tells you, "but it is only a r4 difference' voids the order and when they packed my food in the bag, it is being thrown into bag. I lost my appetite, but still took the food as my family requested me for the"real good food" from steers. When I opened the bag at home, I had to rearange the burgers and chips. Is this really how one should enjoy a good burger?

• Tr
                            trackerforgotten Dec 19, 2012

just very very bad service, workers dont have a clue what is going on in the front and i can see there is no management on the floor or kitchen to see what is going on with production..everyone behind the counter looks so lost.orders pileing up and no one knows how to disspatch them in tme..making customers very pissed off and impatient because even we can see what the problem is

• Me
                            Melissa1981 Nov 20, 2012

I buy steers basically every second day for lunch... Firstly I havent been able to order their chicken snack pack as they tell me they dont have chicken for over 7 months. Secondly the person taking the order over the phone either cant understand english or cant hear me so it takes me 10 minutes to order. Thirdly when my order gets delivered 45 mins after I ve placed it its always missing something or they dont give me change. Basically steers service is shocking.

• Re
                            Renate Filter Jul 05, 2012

My husband and I were both hungry after a long day at the doctors and were both looking forward for a nice big boy rump steak (Which cost r94.90 for one). When we received them: it looked like small non-chewable minute - what ever - you could not even call them minute steaks. They were definately not what was said on the menu: "tender rump steak". After complaining to the waiters, the lady that was in charge for the day did not even come to listen what the complaint was about. They still let us pay the full amount of r94.90 x 2. It was horrible meat - the blockman from the butchery where they get their meat from should be fired!! The meat was so "non-chewable" - maybe it was an ox or some animal that was hit on the n2?? Surely there must be a policy of non-payment for service like this?
                            Renate filter [protected]) or email [email protected] Za

• Go
                            GoldOpals Opals Jul 24, 2011

WHAT IS WITH THE CAPSLOCK

• Ve
                            Vedro267 Aug 25, 2010

On the 14th of august 2017 I made a purchase from Steers Brackenfell, the amount is was supposed to be charged was 51.90 which I paid using a credit card but when I checked my statment i saw that not only had the amount of 51.90 been deducted but a further amount of 99.95 I only signed the slip for the correct amount and no slip was presented to me for the 99.95. I reported this to the manger at the store and she requested that I send an email of my bank statment to them showing this double charge which i did I have followed up twice on this and to date have not been remibursed. This is fraud and is not acceptable, I would like head office to comment on this.

Steers Woodmeadun professional staff

I ordered a Chicken cheese burger on the 10 march 2011, with chips and coldrink,
                          Firstly i have to compliment the driver, his service was wuick, and he was so friendly, However i cant same the same for the cashier that took my order, apart from havng to repeat everything i said, they still didnt give me the option of hearing about their special, the only time i was reminded of this was when i got my reciept, as this is advertised on there, I was really interested but now to get the oreo ice- cream i need to buy different meal comboe, IS THIS HOW YOU GUYS make so much of money, IT sure feels that way to the customer behind the counter..
                          The name of the cashier ws : isabel, at the woodmead branch, maybe you guys should send her for some customer service training, that way theres extra advertising for the promotions steers has, with out paying thousands of rands on the stupid ad's you come up with...
                          that something to think about right?

• rhemar jay Jun 14, 2012

hi can you be my friend

Comments

• Ca
                              Carnelia Stols Jun 14, 2012

I went to steers Woodmead 13 June 2012 18:00 and ordered a wacky wednesday meal the store was busy and i made payment, waited an hour and fifteen mins for my order, after waiting such a long time the manager informed me that the store was out of stock, i was refunded my money but lost time and was unable to buy from another store because it was such a late hour i could'nt find any other stores open, am irate as i lost so much time waiting on an order that could not be delivered

Steers — vegetarian for 26 years and given a beef burger

I was extremely hungry and decided to stop at Steer to get something to eat. I went to the cashier and...

Steersselling awful chips, oily and with terrible taste

I usually do not buy chips from steers in boulders – shopping centre, as their quality is not great at all. I love steers chips and usually get them at the steers across the road. Today I asked a friend to get me chips from steers and forgot to tell her not from boulders.

Any way she got me my chips from steers boulders and as per usual they were oily and tasted just terrible. This is bad for your reputation steers. Get steers boulders to get their act together and provide the same sort of quality the other steers do!!!

Steerswacky service instead of wacky wednesdays

I got to Steers(Braamfontein) with 2 friends of mine to order 3 Wacky Wednesday's. What annoyed us was that they took 30 minutes just to prepare 3 Wackies, of which were almost burnt or perhaps dry. And another thing was that when we reached the office, we discovered that it was 5 Wackies and 1 Chicken burger that we didn't order. Or maybe was it because they saw that they took longer than normal just to prepare Wackies, and so they replaced it without informing us with a Chicken Burger.

When we enquired, we were told that they were still waiting for the burgers being prepared. Yet what puzzled us most was that the guy who placed an order after us, ordered a King Steer Burger meal with Ice-cream, but he got his first! After he placed the order, we saw him wearing a Steers staff shirt, perhaps that's why he got his order in time as he didn't even spend 10-15min @ the shop.

I trust and hope that it was the last time that we got some *WACKY SERVICE* instead of Yummy Wacky Wednesday Burgers from Steers(Braamfontien).

Your instantaneous response would be much appreciated with regards to the above.

Steersshocking piece of chicken in kid's meal

On Saturday, 29th August 2009, we stopped for lunch at the Steers just outside Kimberley at the Engen 1-Stop garage, just before the N12. Both my children ordered the smaller kid's meal with the piece of crumbed chicken (R24, 95). I have never seen such a small thigh in my life!! It must have come from a baby chick but certainly not from the usual size chicken!! It was also cooked beyond recognition, dry and hard as hell!! The only edible piece of meat that came off of this 'thigh' was about the size of my small pinkie finger. The manager apologised when we showed him the 'chicken' and he very kindly did not charge us for the kids' meals!! My point is this... Firstly, how can such a well-known and well-liked fast-food franchise offer such poor food quality to children?? Secondly, where are Steers buying their 'chickens' from?

• Yo
                                    YouWontLikeMeWhenIAmAngry Mar 17, 2011

Murren1, lol normal farmers are 'factory' farming. You don't think you get a 4-10 pound bird in 6 weeks because they naturally grow that fast, or that big, do you?

As of 2009, the last time I checked the numbers, 78% of all chickens world wide were made using 'modern' methods... aka what you call factory farming.

Close to 100% of all fast food and chain restaurant chickens are made/grown that way

• Mu
                                    Murren1 Feb 22, 2011

Do steers support factory farming? Or do they get their chicken from normal farmers with proper meothods?

• Yo
                                    YouWontLikeMeWhenIAmAngry Feb 11, 2011

With a few exceptions the chicken you eat today is significantly larger than it should be. Chickens are filled up with fat, fillers, and hormones till they literally can not walk and often will starve because they are so fat they can't get to the food laying inches from them.

companies like Nature's Promise offer normal size chicken, but for many of the Americans who are used to giant size portions they can not even recognize a proper portion.

Combine that with the cooking times for these types of places are standardized and employees are not checking the food they are checking the timer it is easy to see how a normal size portion would quickly get over cooked. Resulting in an even smaller size portion that is dried up and appears to be such a poor quality piece of food.

The most plausible reason for your food was as follows:
                                    Back at the chicken house, early morning, the workers come to pick up the chickens that are roughly 6 weeks old. They grab them quickly looking for chickens about 4-5 lbs, but somestimes they grab chickens that are smaller because it is dark and they are working through hundreds of chickens in a space that is barely big enough for the chickens to stand in. So to clear space they will grab smaller ones that are closer to the goal size. This gives them space to walk around and get to the bigger chickens that are 4-5 lbs.

One of those smaller chickens found it's way to your kids meal. It was probably only 4 weeks old and why it was smaller in size then you are used to.