State Farm / Callous & uncaring

1 Medford, OR, United States Review updated:

I was hit at a stop sign on a country road. The driver smacked into me and totaled my car. When we exchanged info I realized that we both had State Farm...Now after almost 3 years State Farm has not paid off my claim. And has scheduled to go to court on 0909. They have been callous & uncaring and told me their policy is to stand behind the offending driver not the victim. Why should they hurry, They are not going to work hard against their own company. There should be a law if both parties in an accident have the same agent. The victim should be able to have a temporary policy with the agent of their choice so the victim would be treated fairly. It would save a lot of grief.

Cl

Comments

Th
  25th of Apr, 2009

Let us know the outcome.

Sp
  6th of Jul, 2009

I have worked for several State Farm agents and have handled many claims in which both people were with State Farm. If the policy holder that hit you caused several thousands of dollars worth of damage to your car and if you had Personal Injury as well as Collision damage the claim could be well over the worth of your car. State Farm does not spend time and money on pointless claims.

Payment of claims has nothing to do with the agent you have. No matter what agent if the policy holder has an agent in a certain area thousands of claims go to the same claims office. Agents do not handle claims. The agents and team members are there to protect the policy holder from devastation. The staff in your agents office know as much as you do until they call someone. We only turned in the claims.

Call your agent, ask for your claim rep's number. They will give the number to you and the claim rep should catch you up on everything.

You can always change agents whenever you want. State Farm has always been about the policy holder. You will always hear complaints about State Farm from people who wont dish the whole story and/ or refuse to call the agent and ask why a particular situation is going on.

Be pround you have one of the strongest legal teams in the United States fighting on your behalf to get your claim paid. State Farm isn't fighting itself it sound like they are taking the other policholder to court on behalf of your claim.

Accidents are very emotional and stressful but sit tight State Farm takes care of their policy holders and your agent should be able to take you through everything step by step.

Gr
  8th of Mar, 2010

State Farm has always been about the policy holder. - Untrue statement.

I was re-ended by a state Farm insured person. My ABS stop functioning! $2400.00 fix. State Farm refuses to cover it claiming "we cannot prove/connect the failure of the ABS with the accident."

Lovely, just fricken lovely.