Sonic Drive - In / bad service

Austin, TX, United States Review updated:
3.75
This is at least the seventh time that I have gotten a hamburger from a Sonic where the bleeping staff interpret no mayo, no mustard as giving me just a bleeping slab of meat and the roll - no lettuce, no onion, no tomato, nothing but the frigin meat and bread. I am never going to order at Sonic again because the service is awful.
Va

Comments

Ti
  31st of Oct, 2008
JUST SO YOU KNOW, WHEN YOU ORDER A BURGER AT SONIC. ALWAYS, START OFF BY SAYING I WANT A... CHOSE ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING: "MAYO, MUST OR KETCHUP"...NEXT SAY "WITH CHEESE" OR "WITHOUT CHEESE" ...AFTER THAT SAY " WITH/WITHOUT ONIONS, LETTUCE, PICKLES OR TOMATOES"... WE AREN'T LIKE ANY OTHER RESTAURANT THAT AUTOMATICALLY PUT MAYO & MUSTARD. WE WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU WANT IN IT. WE'RE NOT PSYCHIC. SO DON'T START ORDERING BY SAYING... " I WANT A HAMBURGER WITH NO ONIONS NO BLAH BLAH BLAH..." BECAUSE WE HAVE TO MEMORIZE ALL THAT YOU HAVE SAID AFTER "HAMBURGER" THEN INTERRUPT YOU BY SAYING " MAYO, MUST, OR KET?"... SOUND FAMILIAR? & TO BE HONEST, SOME OF US WORKING THERE AREN'T SMART ENOUGH TO MEMORIZE. THIS IS JUST A "LET YOU KNOW" AND I'M DAMN SURE 95% OF THE TIME, YOUR BURGER WILL BE MADE CORRECTLY. 5% IS BECAUSE WE HAVE SOME COOKS THAT ARE JUST PLAIN DUMB TO MAKE A BURGER. (LOL, SOMETIMES ONLY)
Th
  21st of Jun, 2010
I ate at Sonic often as a kid. I stopped a few years ago after my 3-year old was served an ocean water slushie filled with bleach in Quitman, TX. When I took it to the manager to report the machine had been improperly cleaned, I was told, "We don't clean our machines." Recently I decided because one Sonic is lousy, it doesn't mean they all are and I tried them again. This time I was at Independence Avenue in Kansas City, MO. My order was all wrong, (how do you mess up a burger ordered with ketchup and pickles ONLY???) the employees were rude and physically dirty, the drive-in itself was trashed and I watched someone pee behind the sonic sign while we waited for our food. I called the manager from the parking lot and he laughed and said, "What am I supposed to do about it?" My response was, "Nothing. McDonalds will do it for you." Wake up, Sonic. You can't replace quality with commercials and expect to stay afloat. Personally, I'd rather risk the "vanilla freezing mix", no matter how twisted, because I know the souvenir wont be hepatitis. "We're just too stupid to work here..." is not an effective defense, but it does seem to be true.

Sonic has a corporate complaint line. It is 1-866-657-6642. Please be sure to call this number if you want your voice to be heard. If they hear from all of us, they may change their policies.
Di
  5th of Jan, 2013
I went to Sonic the Northcross location like I have been for the past five years to beta route 44 ice before our Christmas party at work. I ate the majority of it and drank the water that melted. I ate my lunch and then proceeded to open the cup and finish my ice. I noticed something dark under the ice, there was a ball of different Colors of hair mixed with something green, some meat and all other kinds of gross stuff. I was throwing up for over three hours and still after two weeks can not pass by a Sonic without gaggin and feeling sick. I took it back after work and they were shocked and apoligized and told me I would get a call from the GM so I gave them all my info. As of today I have not heard a word from anyone. The worst part of this situation was being embarrassed and humiliated in front of all my co workers. embarrasse d and humiliated. I
Li
  6th of Jan, 2013
lol
Kt
  20th of Aug, 2014
Today I went to sonic and got a cheese coney cheddar please (footlong) and a regular fry with cheddar.I was asked at the speaker if I wanted a regular or and footlong - I said it again "footlong" to make a long story short.

I pulled up, (Rickee - the bell hop comes out and started to hand me my food and says chili cheese I said no ma'am it was just cheese, so she just walks off, she comes back and has a regular cheese dog, I said ma'am it was a coney foot long, she then rolls her eyes and walks off again a minute or so later she comes out with my foot which is now correct finally just have freezing cold fries and hardly no cheese on the footlong and to top it off no receipt either. I go to this sonic on 6th ave in Decatur al at least 3 times a week and for the past 2 months service has gotten horrible and extremely slow, I'm lucky if my order is ever correct. Today I have had enough, can something please be done?

I'm not a fan of cold fries (but who is?) today I have no choice to eat them, bc I don't have a long lunch to be able to take them back.And with the service I was provided I would be scared of what I got back!!

Sonic Drive-In Logo Sonic Drive-In