Sonic Drive In/ Chicken Basketdiscontinued gravy

T Review updated:

Why have you discontinued the gravy with the chicken basket? I do not wish to have dipping sauce instead of gravy. Who makes these decisions and why? Just my opinion, but I'm sure others feel the same way.

Bringbackchicken Sep 10, 2011

Sonic took the chicken dinner off their menu ?! That's my complaint. :(

• Di
    Diane Sanchez Aug 06, 2017

I do not like dipping sauces with my chicken strips, , please offer white gravy. I think you will be surprised at how many people agree.

• Kr
    Krista Treaster Jan 24, 2018

I want the gravy brought back..

Brandie Tannehill Apr 10, 2018

@Krista Treaster I agree. Was so disappointed when I got my order!

Brandie Tannehill Apr 10, 2018

Bring the gravy back! What do you dip your Texas toast in????

• Bi
    Big AL Oct 15, 2018

I had the dinner last night, the "country gravy" dipping sauce was just like water. Disgusting. I also miss the spicy chicken dinner but they disco'd that a long time back.

• Au
    Autumn Ivy Sharp Dec 12, 2018

Disappointment. Why didnt the order taker say anything? I only order this for the gravy. How do you discontinue something so cheap and easy to make?

• Cj
    cjaz42 Feb 07, 2019

Some Sonic order taker in Sierra Vista argued with me, he was insisting that Sonic never ever ever ...had gravy. I said to him do you want to take my order or argue and he started again ... I drove off.
    The gravy was what made the Chicken Basket ... I guess it's Dairy Queen from now on ...just wish they had the same drinks as Sonic.

• Ka
    Karen Wolfe Glidden May 26, 2019

I want gravy as a choice. Without the gravy I’m going somewhere else to eat.

• Kh
    KH69 Aug 02, 2019

Sonic has REALLY gone downhill! First they did away with the classic fish sandwich that they had forever, then they bring this new one out (which didn't last long, by the way) with one of those GOD-AWFUL "Brioche" buns (God, I HATE THOSE THINGS!) And now, THIS...getting rid of cream gravy for the chicken strips?!?!? WTF???? Only thing Sonic is good for anymore is the "happy hour" half-price drinks and that's about the only thing I get from them anymore.

• St
    Stephen Roach Aug 11, 2019

Sonic needs to sell the gravy with there chicken dinner again or I'll never go back to sonic for anything ever again

• St
    Stephen Roach Aug 11, 2019

Sonic needs to sell the gravy with the chicken dinner again or I will never go to sonic for anything ever again.

• Kr
    Krispy Korn Aug 26, 2019

Sonic just quit it! First no more Chicago dogs and now this! I just found out today that there’s no more gravy for the chicken dinner- what r u supposed to dip your toast in- or your tots- I loved that gravy- this is more or less one of your hugest mistakes- if something is good leave it alone- I’m in the hospital, and I was waiting on my husband to bring me this dinner back but now I’m sad because of no gravy from sonic- at least in Kansas we have Braums

• Vi
    Vicsixx42 Sep 23, 2019

I think it's terrible that they have no more gravy, I use to order the chicken basket all the time, now never. The sauces just don't do it. Terrible decision. Many customers are dropping Sonic.

• Ke
    Kellie310 Dec 12, 2019

Why in the world would the gravy be taken away??? Your sauces suck, and the “new” chicken strips are awful. My kid loves the kids meal because he can get mozzarella sticks but we will be finding a new go to spot. This whole thing sucks

• Lu
    Lukeduke_81 Apr 18, 2020

Bring back the country gravy! Dipping sauce for the strips just isn’t the same, and you gotta have gravy for the toast! I can whip up a great country gravy but I shouldn’t need to! I will not be ordering the chicken dinner anymore. While we’re talking about bringing back great items, bring back the chicken fried steak burger!!!

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices