Sirius XM Radio / lifetime subscription scam

Many years ago I opted to purchase SiriusXM's lifetime subscription option for $500. Monday, I purchased a new car and called to have my subscription transferred to the new vehicle. It was at that point I was informed that transferring the subscription was not an option, that my lifetime subscription transfer was only in the event that the radio was stolen or defective. Keep in mind that Sirius offered me the option to buy the lifetime subscription stating that I could transfer it one time to another radio so the sales person was aware it was in a vehicle! There were no options provided when I contacted them so I requested a manager in their complaint department to contact me 3 days later NOTHING because all they kept saying was I'm so sorry transferring is not an option, so now my old car continues to have lifetime So now, the owner of my old car gets the lifetime membership, and I get to purchase a new one if I want one again! Very unethical and disappointing SiriusXM!

Ci
Feb 23, 2018

Comments

• Sg
      23rd of Feb, 2018

I was thinking about purchasing Sirius Radio. I won't now because that is a deceptive practice. Thank you for posting that. You saved me the frustration you are going thru.

23rd of Feb, 2018

Yeah that’s messed up.

15th of Aug, 2018

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!! SO PISSED!!!

15th of Aug, 2018

I AM IN THE SAME BOAT AND SOOO PISSED!!!

• To
      14th of Sep, 2018

I have lifetime too . Nobody told me that it meant you can only have 3 add on radios the first 2 burnt out Im still on my3rd If this radio quits Im out of luck and I cant transfer this radio to my new truck ! And you cant get a refund of 500 bucks this is a bad business practice ! Lifetime means lifetime they never said the lifetime of the radio !

14th of Sep, 2018

I did get mine transferred supposedly the LAST time and they charged me $75... Keep that in mind! :)

• Cg
      24th of Oct, 2018

There is a lawsuit pending Darlene Vaugh vs Sirius XM Radio Inc, Case 118-cv-10331 in the Distric Court for the District of New Jersey

Bradley K King of Ahdoot & Wolfson

They have a short form on their home page - I supplied only date and price paid.

24th of Oct, 2018

Dont give up!!

• To
      27th of Oct, 2018

I too have supposedly reached my 3 transfer allotted maximum on my "lifetime subscription." An additional transfer would be necessary because their junky radio has failed and exceeded its 90-day warranty period (purchase was in April of 2018). So I am welcome to purchase a new radio AND a new subscription. So much for lifetime subscriptions! I have declined their bogus offer. As the radio was used in my home, I am migrating over to an Internet radio arrangement instead.

27th of Oct, 2018

The lifetime is supposed to cover radio failure...