Shoppers Drug Mart / pharmacy

1 Hawkesbury, Ontario, Canada

I have been dealing with this pharmacy for over twenty years. My prescriptions are comprised of controlled substance and regular meds.
I also seem to have last minute problems with this pharmacy and they lack being proactive in resolving or ensuring that their clients have their medications. I have a medication that is controlled and therefore cannot be renewed until due date. The prescription label stated 7 renewals so I thought all was ok. It's a Saturday, called for renewal for all my meds. Told by the pharmacist that the med in question is expired. What? Apparently you have an expiry date on meds but fail to advise your clients of the upcoming expiration event though the label stated 7 renewals left. How am I supposed to know the upcoming expiry date if you don't advise me or use one of your warning stickers on the previous renewal.
Pharmasict refused to help me until new prescription, and furthermore did not bother to renew my other prescriptions. Due to the fact that the med in question is required and have been used for twenty years, I found myself facing withdrawals. Great customer care!!!
The pharmacists at this location do not care for their clients and are only used to dispense pills. Forget getting any help from them after hours or when something like this happens.

Fc