Shoppers Drug Martgift card balance/ rude customer service

I would like to express my great deal of frustration regarding a Petro-Canada gift card I had purchased. On September 12, 2017 at 6:13pm, I had purchased a $50 Petro-Canada gift card as part of my brother’s birthday gift as per the attached receipt. Upon scanning the gift card, I was given an authorization receipt so I had thought the gift card would I thought would be functional, which is also attached. When my brother tried to use it, much to my surprise, it didn’t work. I called Petro-Canada customer service to inquire about this issue and upon investigation, they had informed me that the card was not activated and I needed to go to Shoppers Drug Mart to get it activated. Upon going to the same location where I had purchased the gift card, I was told very rudely by the cashier without even looking at my receipts, “we can’t do anything, you need to call Petro-Canada.” I left the location very frustrated and upset and went to a Petro Canada location to see if the card would work. Upon swiping my card and examining my receipts, I was told that the reason why my card isn’t working was because the last four digits on the authorization receipt, do not match the the last four digits on the back of my card (attached). After discovering this, I had called the Shoppers location where I purchased the card and spoke to the manager and again was told that because the last four digits don’t match that nothing can be done, not even a refund. Needless to say I’m beyond frustrated and upset and I don’t have the time to go back and forth to try and fix this issue, this is very inconvenient. Now I am stuck with a gift card that can’t be used and I have $50 less in my bank account (proof that the money came out of my account is attached). I want this rectified ASAP, whether it would be a refund of my money or a replacement of the card.

Michael Giordano

• Updated by Michael Giordano · Sep 21, 2017

I may contacted via E-Mail at Michael.[protected]@outlook.com or by phone at [protected]

• Updated by Michael Giordano · Sep 21, 2017

My apologies, my phone number is actually [protected], please disregard the last phone number provided

Mi
Sep 21, 2017

Comments

• Ai
      Aug 18, 2019

I've just come across your post... As I was looking into purchasing gift cards online.
    It has come to my attention AFTER receiving a gift card to Winners that was EMPTY for $100 that I and the purchaser was the VICTIM of a CRIME. Cashier's have been known to load a card deduct your account and return to you an EMPTY CARD . They keep and use the card that you paid for. This is a case of establishment employee fraud. They are in a position of trust and take advantage of that. The only way to avoid it is to verify the card serial number before accepting it... and if it doesn't match you call the manager of the store right on the spot.