Sears - Washer / Dryer / unsatisfactory service

1 7280 Newland RdWarsaw, VA, United States
Phone: 7572857658

I purchased a house full of sear appliances including a washer/dryer stacked unit in May 07. I didn't hook up the washer/dryer until June 08 and it is defective. During the spin cycle it knocks and shakes the whole house. I contacted Sears and they sent a technician in couple of weeks. His recommendation was to get them to replace the unit because he could tell it had never been used but his diagnosis was that the spin basket was warped. I contacted Sears One Source and they wouldn't replace the unit and I had to pay upfront to have it repaired. He ordered the basket. 2 weeks later another repairman came back to replace the basket. He made the comment that I had gotten a lemon and should have it replaced after installing the basket did not fix the problem. He suggested I talk with them again and that if I wanted to fix it I should probably replace the transmission next. I told him I would call and see what they said. They denied the replacement siting the 1 year warranty was up even though both technicians had said they could tell it was brand new. After a couple of months and getting my original fees back from Sears One Source, I called to get the workorder completed. I was then told I had only thirty days and it was closed now. I had to have another technician come out and rediagnose the problem since the last technician had not included the part number in the service request. I asked to speak to a manager and he told me that they coudln't access the history from something closed so they had to send someone out to start all over. I asked to speak with his manager and he said that it wasn't possible. I asked if I could have the manager contact me via email or phone and he said no. I asked again and he hung up on me. I've had the washer/dryer since May 07 and have not been able to wash a load of clothes yet!