Sears / very upset with sears and craftsman at this point
I bought a Craftsman Model 28 75117 electric air compressor on 12/23/2008. I used it 7 times to pumpup the tires in my two car. on 10/8/2011, while using it, it vibrated, smoked, and then split in two. I discovered that the screws that held the motor to the compressor did not have any nuts or mechanism to lock them tight. Consequently, they backed themselves out via vibration. A poor design and safety hazard. It had a one year warranty. I did not get the extended warrany on this unit.
However, considering the reason why it failed I thought Sears would be embarrassed and exchange the unit. (They have a newly designed replacement unit 28 75121. I wonder why!) I talked with three different people at Sear’s “Solution Center.” What a waste. They aren’t there to help loyal Sear’s customers. Not to mention, they are rude. A great company is falling appart. It is sad.
I then purchased a Craftsman Drill/Light a few years back and the charger is no longer operating and has now rendered the unit graveyard ready. I went to the local store and they told me Sears no longer sells the charger for the 15.6 volt drill/light but I could buy a complete 15.6 volt drill/light with a charger – What? Can you kindly tell me why I can’t buy the charger for my current drill.
Why is Sears selling power tolls and then quit handling replacement parts? I was told that Sears has had many complaints regarding this problem I would appreciate your quick responce regarding this problem . My neighbor across the street has the exact same problem. Sears is saying that I can’t replace the charger but they would be happy to sell me a complete package with a charger .Very upset with Sears and Craftsman at this point. Thanks and will be waiting your response.
More Sears Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed 
- Sears - problems with restocking fee 
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- [Resolved] Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund