Sears / will lie to get you to buy

United States, Texas, San Antonio
San Antonio
I purchased an elliptical machine to be delivered 3 days later and set-up that same day. In order for this to happen, I had to pay an extra $65 to have it pulled from store stock. I had no problem with that due to the fact that I was off work that day and I am unable to just take off work without notice. I received a call the following day from the installers advising me they do not install the same day as delivery because they cannot schedule an installation without knowing when the product will be delivered. I spoke with the associate who sold me the product and she assured me it would be delivered to my home by 12:00pm on the scheduled day. Based on this the installation was scheduled for later that afternoon. The day prior to delivery Sears calls to advise the delivery time which was past the time it needed to be delivered to be installed the same day - not the by 12:00pm as promised. I explained the situation to the delivery department and they could have cared less. Their response was that the store set the time. So I went to the store. Spoke with a sales associate and a manager. Not one made an attempt to get this straightened out. I was left with no choice but to cancel the order. I contacted the customer service department and their response was that they were sorry I had problems and that they would use my feedback to improve their service. Their final response was that because I cancelled my order (I had no choice) there would be nothing further that they would do and considered this complaint closed. I have had a Sears card for 23 years and will be closing my account.

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands