Sears Roebuck and Co. / hidden charge of water filter system
We recently purchased two items from Sears. The first one is a Ping Pong Table. I asked the Sales, do they deliver and assemble for us. Of course, he replied. We paid the additional charge for delivery. Afterward, SEARS called us (very rude) and confirmed the delivery date. Once they delivered to my house, they simply put it on the floor. I asked them "are you going to assemble the table for me". NO. The assembly will cost additional money and will need to re-scheduled too. It was a very heavy table, and I ended up asking a few friends to help me to assemble it. It was not easy to assemble it.
Then, just a few days ago, we went to Sears to buy the home water filter system. We complained to her (the Sales Rep.) about our previous experience. The Sales apologized profusely to us, and I, well, feel good and trusting her (a big mistake). She also assured us that it is better to use the plumber that Sears sub-contract and let them install the water system for us. We agreed and paid the money and also the installation fee for the system to be installed at my house. It was $185 for installation. This morning, the plumber showed up and then said additional charge needs to be paid. Namely, this is a new water system and the installation fee ($185) does not cover it. It will cost us additional $295 to get it installed. Moreover, they would not be able to install it today and will have to wait until tomorrow so that they can gather the needed materials.
We called Sears to complain about it. Well, you can very well guessed it. The consumer will not get any where talking directly with Sears customer center.
In conclusion, we shall never shop in Sears again. And, buyers beware, Sears always loads up hidden charges ...
More Sears Roebuck and Co. Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- [Resolved] Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine - F1 error 
- Sears Kenmore Elite - Model # 795.74025.412
- Sears Brands - refrigerator issues, not wanting to replace it
- Sears Parts Direct - I am complaining about return and overall service
- Sears Johnson City Mall - credit for cancelled item
- Sears Holdings Corp - refrigerator warranty program