Sears Outlet Stores / incorrect tax rate
On 7/16/15 I made a purchase at the Sears Outlet Store on Hall Rd. I noticed that the tax rate is incorrect on the receipt. Michigan's tax rate is 6%. The tax rate listed and added to my bill was 6.950%. .950% higher than the state rate. When I questioned the error the sales clerk knew nothing about it. The store managers response was "Call corporate office, I have nothing to do with that". I feel the store manager should have said he would look into the error and have it corrected. No refund was offered. It is illegal to charge the incorrect state tax.rate.
More Sears Outlet Stores Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- [Resolved] Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine - F1 error 
- Sears - kenmore elite refrigerator repair
- Sears - I don't know.
- Sears A&E Service Repair - whirlpool refrigerator
- Sears Home Warranty - kenmore dehumidifier
- Sears Repair Services - refrigerator