Sears Maintenance Agreement / sears preventive maintenance scheduling

800 number I dont know where they are located, United States

------------
I called to schedule preventive maintenance for my year-old fridge on 8/8/2015 at 10:30 a.m. I was informed by Kevin that there were no appointments available. He said he would expedite my call and have someone call me by 11:00 a.m. on Monday, 8/10, with an appointment.

Having not received a return call, I called to try again to schedule on 8/13 at 6:50 p.m. My call was answered by one person who said he couldn’t find our account. I gave him our address and phone number. He said he needed to check something and then disappeared without telling me anything. A few minutes later another person answered (I think Alex) and he also could not find our agreement using our phone number, but he did find it using our address. He scheduled our service for August 26, conf #[protected]. He said from now on, I should not call [protected], but to call the direct line which he supplied to me.

8/25 - I received a confirmation call for our appointment but it was breaking up a lot and I could not hear what they said.

8/26 - I called to confirm the confirmation. I was told that yes we were on the schedule but there was no technician in our area today (the day of our appointment) and we needed to reschedule for the next available appointment date in our area, 9/16 - three weeks later.

8/27 - I received a call from a 3rd-party servicer. They told me that Sears does not have a Sears-employed technician in our area. All Sears service for our town is contracted out to this 3rd-party servicer, who only services our town on Tuesdays. They wanted to change the appointment to 9/15. I agreed.

9/14 – The 3rd party servicer called to confirm they would be there on the 15th. They told me that one of their technicians lived in our town and would like to come by on his way home from work around 5:30 p.m., if that was alright with us. They also asked if we had our own filters for replacement service or if they should bring us some.

9/15 – The 3rd-party servicer called to confirm their technician would arrive around 5:30 p.m. He showed up a few minutes early. He was pleasant and knowledgeable. He gave us tips on when to change filters and was very professional.

I wish I could schedule directly with the 3rd party company.

Because of the above, I did purchase a washer and dryer, a stove, a microwave, and a dishwasher all from Sears but did not purchase the maintenance contract on any of them.

Ti