Sears / Kenmore Trio Fridge / this will be my last sears appliance!

United States Review updated:
Bought this very expensive ($2000.00) Kenmore Trio Fridge with Freezer on Bottom in May of 2005 and as of today, March 29, 2007, the top unit has ceased to work. When I got home from work today the temp in the top unit was at 56 and rising. In calling Sears to get a repairman out to my home, I was told that they would not be able to get anyone out until Monday April 2. I did not even get two years worth of service out of this fridge. (Are that many Sears appliances breaking down that their repairmen are that busy?) I plan to see what I can get out of Sears on this, but have decided to get another repairman out to my home tomorrow. To say that we are disgusted is putting it mildly. This will be my last Sears appliance. All the person at Sears could say to me was, "oh, I am so sorry". Tell me that as I am throwing out spoiled food.

A  22nd of May, 2007 by
I purchased a Kenmore Trio Feb. 11, 2006. On May 20th, 2007 the top refrigerator stopped working. It was warmer in my fridge than in the house! The next day the freezer failed as well.

I called Sears, as it has a 5-year warranty on the refrigeration unit according to the owners manual, and was told I had no warranty coverage. The customer service person actually snickered under her breath at me as she told me it would be $70.00 just to look at it, payable in cash, cheque or credit... And I could not get any service for 5-days.

Everything in my fridge and freezer has spoiled.
A  9th of Nov, 2007 by
After much research I have come to the conclusion that it is not only Kenmore which is made by LG which has this problem of refrigerators breaking within the first few years. In my previous home, I had a Maytag which the freezer broke when it was 15 months old, and I lost all the food. I was unable to have a repairman come for a week so I bought a small Haier fridge w/ freezer w/ a dent in the side at Best Buy to get me through a 4th of July party and I keep it in my basement. I had purchased the extended warranty so it was covered. My sister in law has an Amana bottom freezer which the fridge section died in the first year. I think it all just boils down to all appliance makers are using cheaper parts (and charging more) on their refrigerators and they do not last as long. It seems like the same problems are happening across the board with all brands when you do a google search. It seems if you get a good one - you are just plain lucky these days.
A  27th of Mar, 2009 by
I too want my money back and to send a message to LG and Sears that they have to pay for their deception to the public. I can not believe we are going to accept their quick fix with some foam and the small check every year; I want an energy savings refrigerator that I thought I was paying for. LG and Sears you SUCK and you owe me a new refrigerator. Gary gskato@aol.com

Sears Brands Logo Sears Brands