Sears Kenmore / electric range
Kenmore free standing electric range model #[protected] had a major oven overheating and would not shut off. An error message f10 indicated a runaway oven. The oven was set at 350 but in a few minutes the kitchen was filled with smoke and oven exremely hot. After shutting off the breaker the oven temperature on a oven thermometer showed over 500 off the scale of the thermometer.
No help from sears customer service centre as no longer under warranty (Bought in 2010) many many complaints about this dangerous problem and some recalls on very similar models but not this one! Rtd sensor (Temperature probe) checked out ok but the eoc electronic oven control has a large area of burned, blackened melted spots. Obviously needs to be replaced — parts not available for at least two weeks and $350. (Part only) this is ridiculously expensive for a dangerous faulty part the seems to causing serious problems for many consumer. I will be sending a complaint to the us cpsc and canada's health and safety commission. As well as email sears customer service centre. Hope it works and prevents a dangerous situation for other consumers.
More Sears Kenmore Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed 
- Sears - problems with restocking fee 
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- [Resolved] Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund