Complaints & Reviews

[Resolved] lawn tractor

Sears Customer Service,

Re: Riding Lawnmower Issue

My name is: Derwood A. Stewart; Address: 12 Lucky Drive; City: Mayflower, State: AR; Zip: 72106;

Day & Evening Phone: [protected] Email: [protected]@att.net

On July 26th 2009 I purchased a new Riding Lawnmower and a new Push Lawnmower from your North Little Rock, Arkansas McCain Mall store # 1206 of which I have a few comments to make.

I have been using Craftsman Lawnmowers since the early 1990s and for the most part have enjoyed this product. However, I have some issues with the new Riding Lawnmower that I purchased: [protected] YT 42-IN, CM CLB $1, 399.99; Model # 917.28922, the unit is red in color; 21HP.

Note: First of all let me say that the mower deck on this unit when engaged vibrates way too much and it sounds like a thrashing machine.

At first, I thought noise and vibrations was due to this machine being 21HP or that it may have a bad blade. I tried changing out the blades for an older heavy-duty used set of blades that I still had from my previous mower.

This proved to be successful; the vibration and noise diminished quite a bit; it seemed more like what I was use to with other units.

When I had an opportunity to do so, I asked a Sears Service Tec to check out the blades that came on the unit to see if they were defective. He said one of the blades was tweaked and then put some new blades on the machine for me.

When I cranked up the mower after the Tec left, I noticed that the mower-deck still vibrated a lot more than my three previous Craftsman Riding Lawnmowers did. This mower is the fourth New Craftsman Riding Lawnmower that I have purchased in the past fifteen years. I also owned two other used Craftsman Riding Lawnmowers in the past.

Note: There is another issue that concerns me about my new Craftsman Riding Lawnmower and in my opinion, it is a MAJOR concern; it is this: The Leaver device located on the left side of the mower that lowers and raises the mower-deck protrudes out at an angel away from the machine and is a hazard in that, in the event that when operating the mower, if one mows a little too close to some objects such as trees, some fences, a yard swing and so on, the lever has a potential to snag onto the object thus, creating a potentially dangerous situation.

This snagging onto something actually happened to me; the incident rapped me around a tree which could have seriously hurt someone that was not as experienced in operating a Riding Lawnmower as myself. Thank God my wife or one of our grand children was not mowing the yard when this happened; they may have been seriously injured.

It was at this point that I decided to call the Sears store where I purchased the unit and they in turn, sent a Tec out to access the situation.

This is when the Tec replaced the Mower-deck blades; he also ordered some replacement parts for the damaged parts due to the incident with the tree and had them sent to me. He later came back and installed these parts. However, he did not properly straighten or replace the body of the mower thus; the part did not fit properly.

Note: Even though I try to make a conscience effort to be mindful of the aforementioned problem, occasionally the deck lever catches on something in passing. This past Friday July 16th 2010 while I was mowing our back yard, the deck lever caught onto objects on two occasions. The first occasion nearly jerked me off the machine and caused the deck to drop all the way down cutting deep into the lawn. The second incident was not as extreme as I was moving very slow.

I am very concerned about this problem and I would prefer not having to call the Consumer Safety Protection Agency of the Office of the Attorney General to address this problem thus, I would like to know what Sears intends to do to resolve this problem.

I just wondered what you might have to say about all of this. I am hopeful that you will take a sincere interest in this matter and will address the issue in due course.

Note: I am still having issues with this problem and I would like to know if craftsman and Sears intends to do anything about resolving this problem before someone gets seriously hurt.

Thank you for your timely assistance and consideration in my behalf in taking action in this matter.

Respectfully

Derwood A. Stewart

• Sears's response · Sep 29, 2010

Dear DeAllen,

I came across your post here and wanted to reach out in response. I'm terribly sorry to hear of the problems and safety concerns posed with the deck lever and the inconvenience you've endured in trying to find resolution. I agree; thankfully there were no injuries or severe damage caused by this lever's positioning but definitely see the cause for concern. If this is indeed something that can be corrected & addressed by our repair department, we of course will do anything within our means to resolve this problem. I'm Scott with Sears Cares Escalations; we'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [email protected] so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the mower was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (DeAllen) in the email so we can reference to your case.

[Resolved] product warranty

I purchased a plasma TV from Sears 1 year and 1 month ago and paid over $2000. At the time of purchase I was offered an Extended Warranty and was promised by the sales rep that if anything went wrong with the TV, they would immediately repair or replace it. I paid $349 for the Warranty.

About 1 month ago my TV stopped turning on so I called Sears for repair on September 3, 2010. They said the first available rep would not be available until September 14, 2010. On the morning of the 14th, I went to work and the rep showed up at my house. My wife was waiting for him. I get a call from my wife stating that the Rep came alone and he needed me to come back home from work and help him take the TV off the stand. SEARS NEVER TOLD ME THE TV HAD TO BE OFF THE STAND.

The rep told us he needed to order a part and when the part came he would come back to install it. He said he could not come back until September 28, 2010. That is 25 days from the date of my initial call to Sears.

I was frustrated and I called Sears the same day and they told me that there is nothing I can do but wait. They said that the Warranty Agreement stated that they had 21 days from the date of the order for the part to replace my TV. I said ok we will wait until the 28th of September for the repair guy to return and install the part.

Today is the 28th of September. I did not go to work to help the guy put the TV on the stand after he fixes it. However, rather than the repair guy showing up, I got a call from Sears stating that the part is on back order and they cannot tell me when they will have the part.

I asked them to replace the TV since it has been 25 days since my initial call. They stated that the Warranty Agreement states that they have "30" days from the date of the order of the part to replace the TV. This is 9 more days then they initially told me. (first they said 21 days).

So I decided to ready through the Warranty Agreement and realized that the Agreement does not say anything about the number of days they have to repair or replace the TV. However, the rep who sold me the Warranty said that it was immediate repair or replacement if they could not tell repair the TV.

Next I called the Warranty department to ask them where in the Agreement they could show me they had 30 days or 21 days and I was told that it was not in the Agreement but rather some policy they had created. Huh?

So I was told that I now have to wait until October 15 to get a new TV. That is 43 days from my initial call on September 3, 2010.

I WILL NEVER BUY A WARRANTY FROM SEARS AGAIN AND I MAY NEVER SHOP THEIR AGAIN.

Customer support at Sears has been very unsupportive and unprofessional. My last call I was told there was nothing I could do and that I should find myself a lawyer if I needed to dispute this any further by a rep named Nathan.

• Sears's response · Sep 30, 2010

Dear RogerisAngry,

My name is Scott and I'm with Sears Cares Escalations within corporate. I definitely understand the frustration and disappointment, not to mention inconvenience, you've endured through your TV repair. I'm sorry to hear of the conflicting information you've received from our repair and service contract departments as well. I'd also like to apologize for the conflicting and different information concerning repair time frames for repairing vs. replacing an item under an extended warranty. I'd like to help clarify some information for you and extend an offer of assistance & resolution. You are correct, there is no statement in the warranty agreement (I'm assuming you have what is called a Master Protection Agreement) specifying an amount of time in which we have to repair an item. The MPA contract is a generic contract designed to cover any of our items eligible for coverage. As the contract states, there are two (2) ways a replacement will take place under MPA coverage; 1) An item is deemed unrepairable due to repair not being possible or by part availability (parts being NO LONGER available), and 2) A covered item suffers four (4) part failures within one twelve (12) month period. In other words, Sears can and will move forward with repair for an unspecified time frame even with a delay in parts because the item is still repairable. However, for customer satisfaction, Sears can authorize replacements for items on a case by case basis that have been under ongoing repair due to technician attempts or part delays.
    Given this information, we'd like to help reach resolution with you. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [email protected] so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the TV was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (RogerisAngry) in the email so we can reference to your case.

policy

I am an active Sears customer. My family have always looked to purchase appliances and home electronics from...

abused of power

I had made a complaint on sept.22, 2010 to report an abused of power by a supervisor. I hope this is taken in concideration due to the fact that on the 23rd I had to take my wife to the hospital because she went through the same situation yesterday. Because her supervisor [wilmarie aponte] used an inapropiate languange, was screaming at her, and also practicaly forse her to leave work. My wife had a nerveus breakdown also we were in the hospital for 5 hours because they put her on medication to calm her down. I will like to add that the management is aware of her behavior also about 5 to 7 emplotees had written letters with complaints and nothing is been done.

[Resolved] dangerous delivery truck driver

While I was sitting at a red light, a Sears Truck blew by me and ran the light. The driver continued ahead...

abued of power

I'm writing to let sears corporation that in this particular store is being use an abusive conduct towards the employees from a particular supervisor. I think that been one of the biggest corporation in the united states this should be solved as soon as posible. The supervisor uses bad words arrogant manner, misused of power, talks to people as if they were little kids, takes her personal situation to the job site and treats employees like she's the boss and they have to do whatever she wants.

I think people are not slaves and also she doesn't respect anyone who's under her management. This should be taken in consideration do to the fact that these are hard working employees and they deserve to be treated better.

refrigerator parts

I purchased a refrigerator, front load washer and dryer in April 2010. My refrigerator stopped working in the...

permanent spots on eyeglasses

9/22/2010 I purchased a pair of prescription eyeglasses with anti-glare in May 2010. Permanent water-like...

[Resolved] ice maker hookup

I am very upset, I purchased a Kenmore side by side refri, on my reciept it states "hook up ice maker". the dely guy said he could not because i have to have cooper tubing, I purchased a new kit which was Poly tubing. He told me I would have to get a plummer?????bull...
My old refrig I had approx 15+ years it had a ice maker which I never had to hv it service it worked fine..I dont understand, I am retired, my gift to myself was to get a side by side, mostly for the front ice maker
with it different feature. Now it sits here with no ice maker. I ctc so many dept. and no one can help, one guy told me get your husband to hook it up..I have no husband..why would he say that. if you request a call log, you can see how many depts I talked to today. Well paying a plummer is just not in my budget. HELP HELP
Thanks you for any help u may provide.
last monday they deliver the wrong size refrig. and had to take it back after i gave Larry(your saleman the Measurements.

Tran#1587 pg/store 10 01924 if this will help

Christabel Spaulding 218-14 137th road, Jamaica, NY 11413

• Sears's response · Sep 24, 2010

Dear Christabel Spaulding,

I just found your post here and wanted to reach out to offer assistance. I'm terribly sorry for the confusion and trouble over your refrigerator's water line hook up. I know how frustrating it must be to have a new refrigerator that you specifically purchased for the convenience of water & ice in front, only to not have that feature ready to use. I'm Scott with Sears Cares Escalations; we'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [email protected] so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the fridge was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Christabel Spaulding) in the email so we can reference to your case.

poor quality

Purchased this Kenmore built-in dishwasher Model [protected] March 2008 on sale for $ 368.00 (was $577). Installed the unit July 2008. Two years later, dishwasher stopped working July 2010...Paid $ 60 to discover that the motor was burnt out. Cost of repair with initial service call $ 325...88% of the cost which I paid for it. Sent a formal complaint to Dene Rogers, President and CEO, Sears Canada indicating that I expected that a dishwasher with the Sears Kenmore name of it should last more than two years (only one year warranty, of course). Never did get a response from this guy. Sent a copy of my letter to Frigidaire (who was the manufacturer)..no response from them either. (What's new) Contacted Sears Customer service twice before they responded. Told they would look into it. A month later, they offered me $ 100 towards the repair or the purchase of a new dishwasher. Needless to say, we declined the offer. Didn't want to buy another piece of junk from Sears. After dealing with Sears from over 50 years, we decided to terminate our business with them.

• Gr
    Greg Sadowski Jun 14, 2011

I bought as the sales rep said Sears best Stainless Steel bbq, sale price was 799.00. I look after everything I purchase from my lawn mower, pressure washer etc. This bbq gets cleaned monthly and is always covered, I use it once per week and it is rusting like crazy, all the inside parts that are not s/s ie burner tubes have had to be replaced, yes I have waited 6-8 weeks everytime I need replacement parts. The unit is 4 years old, I will never buy from Sears again

[Resolved] vacuum cleaner from hell

Well, what a garbage I bought at Sears? Where should I begin? I cannot believe the morose attitude I got from Sears customer service. I bought Bissell Upright vacuum cleaner and it was fixed twice. Twice it hasn't picked up the dirt, and twice the handle on the back was falling off. The first time I brought that vacuum cleaner, the store manager refused to send out for repair, even tough I had bought a protection agreement for one year, The store manager (electronic department)told me me that I abused vacuum cleaner. Anyone care to tell me how? Sexually, perhaps? It took me to contact Better Business Bureau, and they forwarded my complaint to Hoffman Estates Sears corporation. Finally, the manager from Sears corporation ordered manager from my local Sears store at Chicago, to give me new Vacuum Cleaner of the same brand. This garbage also got broken within a year. I only vacuum twice a week, my two-bedroom apartment. Again, vacuum Cleaner got broken, the same machine doesn't pick up dirt, and handle at the back falls off. Brought machine back to Sears on Sept, 3rd, 2010. I called back on 14 of September, got answer that my Vacuum Cleaner was fixed and back at the store. When I came there on Sunday, to my shock I found out that the machine is not there. Manager has no clue who answered that machine is back at the store, even tough the answer came from 1800 number of Repair Sears services. Finally, got my Vacuum cleaner back on 9/14/10. Vacuumed my apartment on 9/15. Guess what? Cleaner worked fine, except, when I tried to clean machine, the dirt canister wouldn't open. because gray funnel is either broken or doesn't belong to this cleaner. On 9/16/2010 brought my cleaner back to the store. Manager accused me that I used it for commercial use, like cleaning up flood. Where would that be at Katrina's flooding last year? Anyway, Customer service sent it back for repair with Recall message, meaning that the vacuum cleaner should be given to me as a new machine. I don't know, i will have to wait another 3 weeks to get it back. I demand new machine or gift certificate for a new machine. Fix it correctly, For Goodness' sake!

Now, I have a huge headache! Where is my Tylenol?

Dear Mia,

My name is Scott and I'm with Sears Cares Escalations within corporate. I found your post and wanted to reach out to you. I am so sorry to hear about all the trouble you've encountered with your Bissell vacuum and it's repair. I would also like to apologize for the manner in which your issue was handled by the store. This situation is not the normal way in which Sears handles problems with any of our products. We do value you as a customer and it definitely sounds like you've had a rough time with this vacuum. We'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [email protected] so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the vacuum was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Mia) in the email so we can reference to your case.

Hello Scott!!
    I am the real owner of this vacuum Cleaner. I sent an e-mail to [email protected]com with "Follow up on the complain re: Bissell Upright vacuum Cleaner". I sent it on Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 10:27:29 -0500. I will not reveal my real name here or provide further details. Please check e-mails. basically, here is what I sent you e-mail about.
    I found your response on Complaints Board. Now, the problem with my Vacuum Cleaner is escalating..
    here's the complete information:
    I have been unable to resolve a callous attitude and a problem that was created by Sears Repair Service. I have contacted Better Business Bureau, case and Sears Corporate complaint. Please find below the nature of my complaint and several options for resolution. I do certainly hope that you will help me to resolve this problem. I need vacuum cleaner asap because the apartment place where I live have constant housing inspections.

Location complaint: Sears Repair Center
    2063 George Street
    Melrose Park, IL 60160
    708 216-3076; 708 216-3033

Sears
    1900 West Lawrence Ave, Chicago, IL 60640
    773 769-8040

Consumer's Original Complaint :
    Bissell Upright vacuum Cleaner. Model 2143950; Serial 06297011755. Bought this machine at Sears store at 1900 W. Lawrence Avenue in Chicago in 2007. Purchased Master Protection Agreement for this item every year. expiration date: 03/19/2011.Product is faulty was under repair during 9/08. Then September 2010. vacuum wouldn't suction and handle at the back was loose. Brought for repair to 1900 West Lawrence Sears, Chicago store on 9/3/2010, the vacuum cleaner was shipped for repair to Sears Repair center at 2063 George Street, Melrose, IL 60160. Was shipped back to Sears at 1900 W. Lawrence, Chicago on 9/14/2010. Picked it up the same evening. 9/15/10 vacuumed my 2-bedroom apartment, and then tried to empty dirt canister, which couldn't be open because gray funnel (inner Cyclone) part of in the upper track collapsed and blocked dirt canister from opening.

On 9/16/10, brought machine back to Sears at 1900 W. Lawrence, spoke to a Manager, Dean Prjansky. He somehow was able to release dirt canister, and when he did, Grey Funnel (inner Cyclone), not sure of the name of the part, fall off. The louvers located in the upper portion of inner cyclone were loose, sliding them straight down on the top of the inner cyclone couldn't be possible because they were not holding. So, 9/16/10, vacuum Cleaner was sent for a second time this year, 2010 for repair at the Sears Repair shop from 1900 W. Lawrence Chicago to 2963 George Street, Melrose park Repair center.

I received call on 9/24/2010 from Sears at 1900 W. Lawrence in Chicago that according to Sears Repair center at Melrose park, IL that I have abused or misused vacuum Cleaner that they found "Dry Wall" particles inside of it?? The status of my Vacuum Cleaner is "Waiting for Approval", so thy can charge me $208.00 to repair it, while disregarding my Master protection Agreement. To your attention please-This is OUTRAGEOUS LIE! I use " Nature's Choice Carpet and Room Deodorizer powder, which, I gently sprinkle in moderate portion on carpet, wait 15 minutes, and then vacuum. So, the particles they found was not a dry wall but a carpet deodorizer powder. I also use Arm and Hammer brand, both are legitimate products designed to make carpet fresh. Vacuum cleaner should not be breaking because of that, What does the gray funnel collapse has to do with carpet deodorizing powder? I have 2-bedroom apartment, and I vacuum once, sometimes, twice per week. They are taking advantage of ill Senior Citizens. They don't want to do their job, so they come up with outrageous excuses just to sack up the last money person got on Social Security fixed income.

Please note that I asked to get new machine or get gift certificate and I was told that it is up to Sears repair shop to determine the right course of action. They gave me 2 phone numbers, I keep calling to Sears Repair shop, Melrose, IL, and I get busy signal. besides, it is a long distance from call, I cannot afford calling there. (708) 216-3076, and (708) 216-3033
    I also called to sears corporate to allege complaints, all befallen on a deaf ear. They say they got my complain, but nothing is happening.

Consumer's Desired Resolution:
    I want Sears stop bullying its loyal customers. I want Sears to look at my complaint justly and respond in a efficient, timely manner. Solution 1 an the best: Refund money or give me a gift certificate, so I can buy new one.2. Repair it well, and make supervisor check their work. So, that I will no keep sending it back for repairs at start WWIII with Sears Repair center. I want to speak to a Sears Regional manager. (773) 477-0465 is my phone number.
    Please call me, so I can provide you with my address, which I do not post over e-mail.
    Please note that I have filed similar report with Better Business Bureau and Sears corporate.
    ONCE AGAIN THE DETAILS OF THE CASE INCLUDING CASE NUMBERS, INCLUDING MY TELEPHONE NUMBER ALL IN E-MAIL.

• mia2 Sep 25, 2010

yes, I sent second e-mail with "(Mia)-Follow up on the complain re: Bissell Upright vacuum Cleaner" as a subject.

The store manager at Sears at 1900 West Lawrence is aware of this story
    phone number for this Sears additional two (773) 769-8030 and (773) 769-8050

poor/unprofessional at home job quote

Sears representative said Sears would not do a " piece meal" and would not do my home vinyl installation just...

[Resolved] damaged property

I ordered a fridge from sears. The day it was to be delivered it was severe weather and they never called or showed. I could understand them not wanting to deliever in the weather, but they never called to reschedule. I had to leave town the next day and tried calling them to see when they would reschedule. I never got a hold of an actual person and kept calling. I finally got a hold of someone two days later and they said oh we rescheduled for tomorrow you need to be there or we will have to charge you a restocking fee and another delievery charge if you are not there. I had to come back to town to wait for them.
My house is being remodeled and I told them be careful with the cabinets they have just been refinished but the counters were going to be replaced. Well low and behold they gouged the cabinets in several different places on the fronts where they can not be hidden. Some of the scratches are 8" long and very deep! I went into a local store and the lady was SOOOO rude and said I cant help you. I had to return that fridge because it didn't work out for us and ordered another one. They were supposed to be picked up and delievered on the same day, well they came and picked mine up, , , , didn't bring the new one.
In process of removing old fridge they ripped the metal in my new front door and ripped the arm to hold it open off. When they couldnt fix it they took their hammers and just kept beating the door.
I received a call about delievering the other fridge and they said it would be another week! I said that would not do and the lady asked if I had children. I said what does that matter? She said "If you don't have children then you don't need it." Wow!
I had filled a repairs claim wiht Sears and they said the payment for repairs would be here in about 2 weeks, , , , , , , now 4 months later where is my repair charges and why is my stuff still destroyed? Never will I walk into a Sears again and let EVERYONE know about what they did. I am not one to wish bad on others but I hope Sears horrible service leads to them crumbling in this economy. They do not care for their customers so why should we care for them?

Dear jherway,

First, I'd like to apologize for the delay in responding to your post; I just located it. Second, I'm deeply sorry for the amount of suffering, stress and frustration your refrigerator delivery has caused. Yes, there are times when damage occurs during a delivery, repair or home improvement experience; but its Sears’s policy and responsibility to set up a claim and work with our customers on getting the damage reversed and problems resolved. This has clearly not been the case for you and I'm sorry you're still waiting for payment & resolution. I'm Scott with Sears Cares Escalations; we'd like to assist you. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [email protected] so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the refrigerator was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (jherway) in the email so we can reference to your case.

grill cover

September 11, 2010

To Whom It May Concern,

I purchased a grill cover and after I received my new grill I noticed it did not come close to fitting.The grill cover was two times the size of my grill.
I returned the grill cover to Sears. I was told I could not get my money back because I did not charge the purchase or have a receipt.
The grill cover was on sale and the sticker price was on the grill cover package. The grill cover fits into a clear package bag with three snaps.

The price was clear they just were trying to show their authorty. I really do not know. I come into the store every day and walk at the mall. I occasionally buy things from Sears. You better believe I will never purchase a thing from Sears in the future unless this problem is fixed.
I looked through all my reciepts and I can not find the reciept for the grill cover it was only $12.00 dollars. I left the grill cover at the store and I told them that I had no use for it. They did not say a word they could care less.

I talked to the store manager, I did not get her name but she did nothing to keep my business. Do your managers have any training at all in customer relations. All she did was follow the store rules with no concern to repeat business.
I never complain without asking for a resolution just give me a credit for $12.00.

Sincerely,
Willis D. Barlow Jr.

worst services

We are customers at Sears a long time and whenever we order online there have been problems with products and delivery which is never exactly on the date they said. Worst of all is that when the call has the customer service they can never answer questions, so we were transferred to the national customer service and they either do not know so I try to explain that their work is to help me and she hangs up. .."###"... Beautiful service ...This company is ###, they are so big that customers are treated like ###. I buy an elliptical machine for $ 400 + tax + shipping $ 60 they told me that delivery is for September 11 2010 and when I call for national service they told me that the article has not been assigned to a truck yet. WTF I pay $ 60 shipping, I spend my day waiting at home. In this moment I am waiting for 45 minutes on the phone with the shipping department and I did not talk to anyone since. This company should be ashamed !!! Sears is over for us. Nothing good to say about them

• Le
    leapinglily Dec 23, 2011

Do what I am planning on doing. Do not buy from Sears ever again. Show your displeasure tell every person you know how bad the service is and boycott this sorry excuse of a business.

[Resolved] this is why sears is dying

Took my truck in to have 2 tires replaced. I was informed it would be ready in 1 hour, that was fine. Returned in 1 hour to find truck still in the place I had parked. Went into the waiting area. Was able to see they work area and 10 minutes later a mechanic bought the truck in and placed it on a lift then left for 10 minutes. He returned and removed the tires from the truck and took the to the changer and left again. 5 minutes later returned with another car and started to do an oil change. A few minutes later the dept. manager saw me and had the so called mechanic start back on the tires. This took an additional 25 minutes. As a consolation prize they gave me a whopping 5 dollars off my next purchase at sears [but I have to spend more then 25 dollars] because it took them more time then they said it would take. This kind of work ethic is why Sears will not be around much longer. It is not just this department but throughout the entire store.

Dear Jim H,

I apologize for responding late to your post here. I'm Scott with Sears Cares Escalations. I know how valuable your time is, and I also realize it's never pleasant to have to wait for auto work to be completed. I'm sure witnessing the slow progress of your car was incredibly frustrating and is by no means acceptable customer service. This experience is not normally how things should run in one of our automotive centers and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [email protected] so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name (Jim H) in the email so we can reference to your case.

[Resolved] craftsman chipper/shredder

sirs,

i took my chipper/shredder in to the sears service department because it would not start on 7/27/10. it had been used off and on in the last year. i ran it for 2-3 hrs the week before i called sears.

the model # [protected] serial #11471 the person that waited on me told me it would be ready on 8/6/10. on 8/5/10 sears called and said they needed to sent it to cincinnati to be looked at.

the following week sears called and said it needed a new $400.00 engine. i told them to sent it back and i would pick it up. i didn't pay $400.00 for the whole machine when i bought it new.

no one could give me a reason for a new engine. when i picked it up from sears i took it to a briggs and stratton dealer and service person in indianapolis. he started it right up and said there was

nothing wrong with the engine but it did need to be tuned and cleaned. it cost me $39.00. sears charged me $29.95 and still could not give a reason for the engine replacement, in other words i

paid for no service and i'm not sure they even looked at it. i got a copy of the original order, a pink sheet that said do not repair, and a packet of fuel stabilizer.

unit #8090

service order #[protected]

sorry but i have always bought sears items but now i don't want to use your service department again.

sharon strecker
10635 chesapeake dr. north
indianapolis, ind 46236

e-mail: [protected]@sbcglobal.net

• Sears's response · Sep 11, 2010

Dear [email protected],

My name is Scott, and I'm with Sears Cares Escalations within corporate. After reading your post here, I wanted to reach out to you. I'm so sorry to hear about your Sears repair experience and the problems with your Craftsman chipper. Sears has always strived for the highest levels of customer service & satisfaction; clearly we fell short of that in this case. We'd like to help. At your convenience please contact my office via email at [email protected] so that we can assist with resolving this issue. Please provide us a contact number and the phone number the chipper was purchased under and we will call you at your convenience. In addition, include your screen name ([email protected]) in the email so we can reference to your case.

very very poor service

I was scheduled to have a service between the hours of 1-5pm. around 3pm a technician called me and said that he will be the technician for the dryer and that there will be a seperate technician for the washer. He asked that I need to make sure there is a payment left since on his note it says that he needs to collect payment. I told him that when I scheduled my service I gave them my credit card for both my washer and dryer and that it's already showing on my statement online that my card has been charged. I then called sears 18004home and they said that it is a mistake thier should only be one technician for both and that I already paid. They called the technician and cancelled one technician. It was already 4pm and technician has still not called. I called and they said that they will come and just running late. I called about three times after that and they were saying the same thing. Until 9pm and they said that they can't reach the technician anymore so I have to call back again. I called the next day and they are showing that I was re-schedule in two weeks. VERY BAD SERVICE!!!

post office lost returned order

I ordered a lawnmower starter, from SEARS, in Tyler, Tx. Amount $200.00. They sent it, but the attachment holes were off, to where I could not install it. I returned it to the order house, in Dallas, Tx, via the post office in Jacksonville, Tx, through Tyler Tx. to Dallas Tx. I sent it Prioty mail, which cost, $8.00. Now, sending it that way, by Prioty mail, I didnt think about saving the reciept, which I should have. The order house, in Dallas, said they never got the starter back. The post office in Jacksonville, said they could not do a thing about getting my money back, without a reciept. If thats the case, everyone that looses their reciept, they loose their merchandice. I would say they have a pretty good scheme going on at the post offices, they just set back and wait, until you come back without your reciept.. Since they are the ones who lost it, aren't they responsible for it? That is too much money lost, to be taken so lightly. Hope this helps somebody else, and breaks this ring of thieves, who are loading our packages.

Kenmore Warranty Policy

Purchased Kenmore Dehumidifier in Sept 05 - Came with 5 year warranty on compressor. Compressor failed in...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices