Sears / kenmore 795-5101 side by side refridgerator

1 Park Hills, MO, United States

In October of 2010 we bought a side by side Kenmore from our local store in Farmington. Until April of 2011 it worked just fine. But at that time we started to notice a very thick coating of ice on the far left side of items in the freezer. I couldn't get my husband to look at the freezer until the coating of ice made it difficult to open his ice cream. When he did find the problem it turned out that the plastic ice cube tray in the ice-maker was warped and allowed water to flow out of the ice cube tray and down the left side of the freezer.
The repair part should have been a replacement of the plastic ice cube tray. It was not. In order to fix the problem we had to replace the entire ice-maker.The customer service person I talked with was very nice and managed to get her manager to authorize a $30 discount on the ice-maker but I still had to pay much more than seemed reasonable.
I generally only buy appliances from Sears but the cost of getting a replacement plastic ice cube tray has convinced me that Lowe's will be my destination when I need to replace my aging appliances.

Hs