Sears / poor customer survice following sale

1 Spur HwyKenai, AK, United States Review updated:

Attached below is my complaint to Sears regarding their failure to provide a reasonable means to register for their rebates on home appliances. Their employees were rude, and/or simply could not help because of a lack of corporate procedure or because the employee could not adequately understand the English language. Their website didn't work and no one could explain why, or what to do to comply with Sears' requirements. I will never purchase from Sears again.

I bought several appliances and have been unable to file for my rebate of over $290, from the purchase of $1874.83 for several aoppliances. Ref.: SALESCHECK # [protected]. After four futile attempts to file for my rebate, I contacted the Sears store in Kenai, Alaska for assistance. The sales people I spoke with were unhelpful and refused to help me until I "calmed down". The sales associate, Brian called me by phone and claimed that he had taken care of everything, and that a confirmation email would be sent.
I want to make sure that my complaint and rebate has been appropriately registered with Sears. I cannot believe the way that Sears conducts business with customers AFTER they have taken the money from its customer. If Sears made it as difficult to purchase products as it does to collect its rebate and/or speak with customer service, Sears would have been out of business years ago.
I want an acknowledgement of reciept of my request for my rebate, per the agreement I made at the time of sale. I want Sears to acknowledge that I qualified for the rebate that was promised to me at the time of sale and I want Sears to give me the date that I am to recieve the rebate, and acknowlegement of the amount of rebate. I don't believe that the right hand knows what the left is doing within your corporation. I want a written assurance that the rebate will be honored and the appropriate documents have been filed. Otherwise, I want to know what further actions are expected from me. I have already submitted multiple requests for assistance, made four attempts to submit the information to the sears rebate site, in an attempt to meet the requirements that Sears demands before Sears will fulfill its rebate agreement that was promised to me on 12/28/07, by the Sears salesperson.
I was reluctant to do business with Sears and am very sorry that I was foolish enough to participate in a Sears rebate program. My time is too valuable to waste playing corporate games designed to frustrate and rob Sears customers.
Please acknowledge my right to the rebate, as agreed to by Sears employees and as advertised at the time of sale, as stated above, or state why I am no longer "qualified" to recieve the Sears rebate. I would appreciate a response to this complaint promptly.

Comments

• Pe
      19th of Mar, 2008

Sears Customer Service is a JOKE!! If you like being put on hold for 30 minutes at a time, then give them a call. I waited an entire day waiting for a scheduled tech to repair my garage door. I had to take a day off from work to accomodate THEIR schedule; appointment had been scheduled for 3 weeks. Tech was a no-show. It took me 3 hours on the phone to get someone in authority to take my call; their response was SORRY! we can re-schedule a tech for you in 3 weeks. No comment about my inconvenience, my loss of pay..nothing!!! Sears so called customer service is a JOKE>>JOKE. I would not purchase a nail from Sears..BUYER BEWARE..I had to contact the BBB and The Attorney General's Office in my state to see if consumers have any recourse.. Pretty SAD.

• Ve
      29th of Jul, 2008

sears is the only one to buy appliances from i have bought and bought from the other blue box and red box stores and the have more issues then that rebates are only good if the are filled out correctly with the right paperwork going back with them the cant make exceptions when in black and white it says what to do and how and were to send it ...thanks sears for your great quailty product and service and credit..

• Di
      12th of Aug, 2008

I purchased a Lawnmower with a $25 rebate, it states TrueGreen, but did not know that or stated that it is for TrueGreen use only. Now I purchased a lawnmower and will have to hire them to cut my grass with the rebate, to me this is a scam that forces me to do business with a 3rd party other than Sears, I purchased a sears product I should have a cash or Sears rebate to use at sears and not forced to use a 3rd party. The sales person told me diferent, he told me I can use it in future sears purchase, I went back and showed him and he was suprised as well. So sad that sears does this to their customers, well they lost me as a customer, specially with their rebate program, stay away from them.