Sears / bad associate

1 3200 Country Club DriveJefferson City, MO, United States

I went in to the Sears store in Jefferson City on 12/26/08 to purchase a stove and dishwasher. This was a big deal for me and had saved up all year to be able to this. I had done all my research and knew exactly what I wanted to buy, had the model number in hand. I asked my Dad to go with me so we could use his truck. Here is where my problem started. I asked my Dad to find an associate and Gary came back to talk with us. I was asking him about the grill accessory and he wouldn't look at me. He was ignoring me and my questions. I stepped in front of my father and told Gary that I was the one buying the unit and asked him to please speak to me. He threw a fit and told me it was customers like me who make his life a hell and that I was rude and inconsiderate. I could believe it and asked to speak with his manager. He paged his manager and walked off. I was stunned and on the verge of leaving the store when another sales person, Deana, came up and asked if she could help me. I purchased the stove and dishwasher for just over $1, 500.00. Deana called for the manager several more time and finally Mark, the manager, came over. I told him the whole story and was told that this was not like Gary and that he would speak to him. I hoped that this would make me feel better but it hasn’t. I have had people come up to me since this happened and say that they saw the way he treated me. They said that Gary was also talking about me to other customers and staff. I feel very mistreated and am contemplating canceling my order and going somewhere else. There was no reason that this should have happened, especially at Christmas.