The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Sears Kenmore Oven — fire
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
Our 5 year old Kenmore Elite Electric Range (model 790.9911) caught fire last night and we were very fortunate to have been in the room.
I turned on one burner to heat water and turned the (convection) oven on to warm some food.
Within 2 minutes, we heard an electrical crackling buzzing sound instead of the convection oven fan noise. I immediately tried to turn off the oven and black smoke began pouring out of the back of the oven and the stove would not turn off. Within seconds, flames were shooting out of the back of the oven where the vent grill is. My husband ran to turn off the main power in the house. Fortunately the flames extinguished themselves before catching fire to the cabinets.
The fire department examined the stove and outlets and said all looked to be in order - that it was clearly an electrical fire within the stove.
The electronics of this stove were funky from the start -- the clock never worked properly, speeding up in time whenever the oven was in use. While we lived with this quirk on a $1200+ stove, we did NOT expect it to start shooting flames!
Very dangerous and disappointing.
The complaint has been investigated and resolved to the customer's satisfaction.
More Sears Kenmore Oven Complaints & Reviews
- Sears - customer service department
- Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product!
- Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company!
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly
- Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery
- Sears Lawnmower - never worked properly
- Sears Home Improvement &buyer Beware& - buyer beware/contracts changed
- Sears - problems with restocking fee
- Sears, Inc. - slow posting of payment on account
- Sears Mattress - did not receive item or refund