[Resolved] Sears / idiots

Hot Springs, AR, United States Review updated:

I have been a loyal customer of Sears for 35 years. That ended today. I have a lawn tractor that is less than 10 months old. It has been used a minimal amount but still has required three service calls. The latest one onvolves the fact that the tractor will not turn. it mows great in a straight line !!! The service man came out last Friday, determined parts were needed and the parts would be mailed to my home and he would be back today, after 1 today, to install the parts. The parts were delivered to my home from Briggs and Stratton on Wednesday. 15 minutes ago I get a call rescheduling my appointment since the " parts were not in." So, i drove 115 miles last night, lost a day's pay as an oil and gas landman, just to be told by Sears that they cannot track a delivery like everyone else can??? I even got on the delivery website and was able to ascertain that the packages were delivered. So, Sears - you suck. You want to know why you are closing stores? Why people are not shopping with you anymore? It is because you have lost sight of the need to take care of your customers. This was my last purchase. This is a pitiful excuse for customer service. PITIFUL. And, I will get my money back. By the way, since 1978, I have spent over $70, 000.00 dollars with Sears. Done forever with this idiotic company.Who is running this ship???

• Resolution statement

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Apr 06, 2012

To Dgoldw,

I am very sorry for that your lawn tractor has failed so many times within it's first year. I also want to apologize for the problems you've had surrounding the most recent repair appointment. Under the manufacturer’s warranty, there are several things that we can do to assist you with this unfortunate situation. We value you as a Sears customer and we'd appreciate an opportunity to assist you and to provide you with the customer service that you deserve. My name is James and I’m part of the Sears Cares Escalations team. At your convenience, please contact my office via email at [protected]@searshc.com. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number the repair was scheduled under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide your screen name (Dgoldw) for reference to your issue, and we do look forward to talking to you soon.

James H.

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Apr 19, 2012

Elsncv88,
    I am sorry to learn you have experienced similar frustrations with your tractor. My name is Zenaida and I work with James on the Sears Cares Escalation team. I know the warmer season is here along with lawn and garden work and a tractor is essential to getting chores like this completed. We would like to speak with you and find a lasting solution with you.
    At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so you don’t have to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your tractor was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (Elsncv88) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.

• Sears Brands Customer Care's Response, Apr 19, 2012

SlimJimAkaNohandle,
    Please accept our apologies for the trouble your parents went through to get their riding mower repaired. My name is Zenaida and I am part of the Sears Cares Escalation team. We would like to follow up with you and/or your parents and see how we can be of service.
    At your convenience, please contact our office via email at [protected]@searshc.com so you don’t have to be frustrated by this. In the email, please provide a contact phone number and the phone number your tractor was purchased under (if different than the contact phone number) and we will call you directly. Also, in your email, please provide the screen name (SlimJimAkaNohandle) you used to post on this site, for reference to your issue. We truly value your business and look forward to talking to you soon.

Zenaida M.

Dg

Comments

• Dg
      6th of Apr, 2012

To SearsCare

Obviously you don't know how to read. What good is an apology going to do? Don't you get it dummy. I don't want anything to do with you and your idiotic company. I hope you gu out of business.

[censored] you James

6th of Apr, 2012

Maybe when they made his stop schedule for the day the delivery did not show as having been made. Not that you should have to, but did it cross your mind to call on Wednesday to verify he was coming, and let him know the parts had arrived? Finally, while $70, 000 sounds like an impressive amount, it breaks down to less than $200 a month.

• El
      18th of Apr, 2012

Dgoldw, The same thing happened to us here in Virginia. We have had 3 calls on a garden tractor that is less than 1 year old. The latest was yesterday and the tractor failed again less than an hour after the technician left. We waited 4 weeks for that call and being told today it will be another 2 1/2 weeks before they can return. We are done with Sears.