Sears / warranty for freon not honored
Hi there, our fridge(an expensive model) purchased in '2000 on our Sears card account, broke just before this Easter 2008.
We called a technician from Sears, and he came out and told us that the freon(which keeps the heat out) had evaporated through a small hole somewhere, and that this particular problem was covered by warranty for 10 years. He left, and was going to file a report, and then we would hear from the company about replacing it etc.
We waited until the end of the week, and after not hearing anything from them we contacted the company about the situation, and we were told that we would need to produce the "purchase order number" in order for something to be done, even though they had the purchase date of December 9, 2000, and even the delivery date of December 15, 2000.
We are a military family and have moved since we purchased the fridge, and have such misplaced the original purchase order, and since we are unable to produce it, Sears will not honor the warranty for the freon of 10 years. My husband and I have been calling non-stop to different branches trying to locate the purchase number, or to trying to trace the number through the credit card, but have been unsuccessful, as the company is unable to pull-up the records because of the length of time. However, we as consumers are expected to keep a purchase order from 7+ years ago, but a big company like Sears is not...to me this is asking alot of consumers if Sears is not required to!!
So we made a last ditch attempt today and called Corporate Customer Service, and we were told that Sears would not be able to do anything about our situation unless we produced the original purchase order number. So after receiving no satisfaction, we are going to pay off our Sears card account and boycott Sears. We realize that we are only a drop in the pan for a huge corporation like Sears, but we also intend to tell others about what they have done, and let's face it word of mouth can be very powerful!!
More Sears Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- [Resolved] Sears Kenmore Elite Oasis Washing Machine - F1 error 
- Sears - Kenmore 80 gal Electric Water Heater Power Miser 12 Model 153.321840 Serial# F07A085896
- Sears - Repair Dryer
- Sears Delivery - washer & dryer delivery & installation
- Sears Brands - stove
- Sears Brands - online purchase through 3rd party nilima