Sears Dehumidifier / awful repair run around
Last August I bought a Sears Kenmore that worked for less than 2 weeks. I wasn't worried, I had purchased a 3 year warranty. Beside this was Sears they would stand by their product. Then followed 8 appointments in which Sears did everything to not replace the unit. They replaced it's condesors and piping, it 's electrical switching. The Sears technicians even put in their reports that the unit was not repairable. I estimate they spent much much more than the unit was worth ($230).
Finally this past April, a department at Sears called OneSource said ok, they'd ship me a replacement. A week later they changed their mind and told me I'd have to return the unit to the store for a replacement.
I returned the unit to the store only to be told that no they would not replace the unit, they would have it repaired. I said that as I had waited 6 months and been promised a replacement that it was now their problem.
I walked out of the store leaving the unit behind. I filed a complaint with The City of Yonkers Consumer Protection Bureau. At the hearing Sears failed to appear. They were fined $500 for deceptive practices and ordered to re-imburse me $352. I have not heard from Sears so with this judgment, I am now taking Sears to small claims court.
Note, when buying from Sears, you should be aware that if a warranty repair becomes too difficult or costly to them, they will, as they did in my case, walk away.
More Sears Dehumidifier Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Sears - customer service department 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Refrigerator - poor quality product! 
- [Resolved] Sears / Kenmore Elite Oasis Washer Machine - terrible company! 
- Sears Kenmore Elite French Door Refrigerator - Dept of energy agreement does not compensate me properly 
- [Resolved] Sears Die Hard Gold Battery - it should be named the die easy battery 
- Sears Brands - je more elite
- Sears - master protection agreement not honored
- Sears Brands - protection agreement division
- Sears Home Improvements - gutters and soffits
- Sears Brands - working conditions