Sears Credit / unauthorized billing

Apparently, if you pay your Sears Credit card bill at a local Sears Store, the payment is considered late if it's paid the day it's due after 5 pm. There is nothing in any contract that I can find with my Sears Card to indicate that this is the policy. Apparently, I've received multiple charges on my statement over time for this fee. The Sears Credit Card Statement does have wording about mailing checks to process centers and payments after 5 pm being the cut off but the wording is vague and seems to only indicate processing centers, it doesn't speak to the payment at a store location. I want all my previous late fee charges for payments made at Store locations reversed can credited to my account.

Bo

Comments

• Vj
      13th of May, 2009

Not only is it late after 5 PM, but now the ones through Citi are now late after the 23rd day, for example, if your statement states that your due date is the 5th, the actual date that they charge a late fee is the 23rd of the MONTH BEFORE. We have just received our bill, which we pay the full amount that we charged every month before the due date on the top of the bill, and we were charged a $39 late fee, even though our payment was made on the 24th. We no longer will be using this card.