[Resolved] Sears Canada / misinsformed sales and poor customer service

SCARBOROUGH TOWN CENTRE300 BOROUGH DRIVE, UNIT 1, Scarborough Toronto, ON, Canada Review updated:
Phone: (416) 296-0171

I've bought a Freezer from them in the store on 12-03-2013, the sale never told me that I have to defrost and drain the old freezer prior to the delivery day, and when the guys show up today -15-03-2013 afternoon, the guy saw there still have very small amount or ice in there, they refuse to take my old freezer out and insisted that, the sale person would/should have told you that deflost is my resposibilty, so they just left my old freezer in my basement and my new freezer in my garage and told me 4 days later, they will send some other guys to come to remove the old freezer and bring the new one down for me, but I have removed all frozen food from my old freezer and unpluged it for a day (that's why it only have very small amount of ice in there), and the new one is sitting in my garage that in still in the original box, and can't move it into the house because it is very heavy and I can't start, so they just leave me like that, so I call the customer service to tell the my situation, but after a long talk, they told me there is nothing they can do other than advice me to put all my food ack into the old freezer and start it up again and wait till they show up 4 days later. I told them that when I bought this freezer, the sale person never told me to deflost it, drain it before they come, and I have no idea that is required, now the girl from customer service keep telling me that the sale person should have told me that, and said there is nothing they can do, not even escalate this issue or ask those guys come earlier...I called the sale person, he ask me to call custom service again, I call their store manager, they are not taking my call. That's why I have no where to go other than make a compliant in this site. I found first of all, their customer service is very poor, not helpful at all, second of all, the sales person should have told me all the things that I should have done prior to the delivery day during the sales, but he didn't. When your sales person selling an item to a customer, you are representing your company, so you should be responsible to what you have done and what you have not done.

• Resolution statement

• Kenmore Customer Care's Response, Mar 17, 2013

Dear Dyip,

We are sorry for your disappointment with our Canada Delivery team and we would like to offer you a the telephone number to adress your concerns.The telephone number for Sears Canada is 888-275-2049.

Dee M
    Social Media Moderator
    Sears Social Media Support

Dy

Comments

Scam seller www.classywatches.net review:
    the company took my money and sent me a tracking number which showed delivery to another person.
    then they said they made mistake and sent me another tracking number, which again showed delivery to others a week later.
    afterwards they stopped responding.
    scam alert!!!

• Co
      Mar 15, 2013

"I told them that when I bought this freezer, the sale person never told me to deflost it, drain it before they come, and I have no idea that is required"

Just so you know, wipe your azz after going to the bathroom.