Sears Canada / horrible customer service and furnace install

AB, CA Review updated:

I'm disgusted. We had our furnace and a/c unit installed 3 years ago and have had problems from the very beginning... But today has left me in disbelief that a company such as Sears could be so pathetic. Our 3 year old furnace quit working today, the first day of snow fall (of course) so I immediately got on the phone with the customer service line... After 30 minutes of discussing what was wrong with our furnace and how our a/c unit didn't work properly all summer I was informed that they had no record of our furnace being on our account... My sears representative simply responded with "ma'am that happens sometimes and I don't know why your furnace wasn't on your account but there's no need to be frustrated because I'll put it on your account now." Hmm. I'm fairly certain that professionally run companies do not have massive issues like not having a paper trail of your product you purchased and installed 3 years ago and have had repair men come over numerous times. I then requested to speak to a manager and was then told " that won't make a difference because there is no way we can go back." Interesting... Tell me why exactly you record phone call conversations with your clients? I had given my furnace model and serial number more than once. After trying to understand why Sears failed so many times we set up a service repair order. We were told it will take 2-3 business days to have someone come and fix our problem... thats brutally unacceptable, considering its -10 and our house is frozen! This was the end for me. I'm so irritated to the point that I will be calling another company like Bruins to give my business too. NEVER go through Sears unless you enjoy being disappointed time after time.

Comments

• Ik
      Oct 28, 2012

Welcome to the land of dissapointment, unfortunatley, there is no end in sighte

•   Oct 28, 2012

did you ask to speak to a manager?

• Ab
      Nov 23, 2012

Interesting question...did you ask to speak to a manager? Sears has got to have the WORST customer service people of any business I have dealt with so far! Any time I have had to call it turns out to be a 15 minute ordeal without getting any help. They spend so much time verifying your name and address. Today I needed to call to question something on my statement. With my initial call I needed to enter my sears card number and then enter my birthdate to verify it was me. After listening to all the options I pushed 0 for customer service. The woman who answered asked my name. I gave her my name. She said no, she wanted to name as it appeared on my card. I gave her my name. She said no, she wanted the name exactly as it appeard on my card. I gave her my name. She asked whose card I had. I told her it was mine. I had already given my name 3 times. I didn't understand what she was accusing me of but I had already entered my card number and birthdate. She told me she didn't appreciate me getting angry but she needed to have the name exactly as it appeared on my card. Hugh!! Really!!! I told her I had already given it to her three times and I didn't understand what she wanted from me. I asked to speak to a supervisor. She responded, "okay but you'll waiting a long time"!!!. Then put me on hold. I hung up and called again. This time I asked to speak to a supervisor. I was questioned why. When I explained what had happened with the other "helper" I was informed that it was noted on my file that I was giving a different first name then what was shown on my file. WHAT?? Again with the name. For some reason she wouldn't transfer me. This has happened before. Are they told to deal with problems themselves and not to bother supervisors? I still haven't resolved my statement problem because this second helper just kept repeating the same questions over and over again, without trying to find the answer to why an item I had cancelled twice appeared on my statement. The first time I cancelled it was a week before delivery. Obviously the person who cancelled did not do so. The second time I cancelled it was when I received a telephone call the night before the scheduled delivery to confirm the time. When I informed her that I had cancelled the item as no one was going to be home to accept, she said she did not have any information of the item being cancelled. She then proceeeded to cancel and "promised" me that this time it was cancelled. Well it wasn't as it appeared on my last month's statement and again on this month's. Now I'm going to have to call again when I can calm down enough. Sears Customer Service is a real test in patience. Just beyone annoying.

Nov 23, 2012

Keep in mind, and this is not a excuse that Sears outsources thier card to Chase and therefore has no real control over them on how they treat Sears customer...

•   Nov 24, 2012

I thought they outsourced their cards to Citi. Either way, it would be the same issue I suppose.

Nov 24, 2012

the majority of Alberta customers are service via independant contracts for most of Sears repairs whether it be furnace, dishwashers etc. Once again, Sears has no real control over the contractors and if the contractor has one of his customer with a issue, and aSears customer with a issues, well whom do you think gets service first. This is of course not what the sales reps tell you when you purchase a appliance in the province of Alberta. Bottom line is contractors take care of thier customers first, then Sears customers!!