Sears / ridiculously unsafe craftsman lawnmower

On 05-19-06, Ii purchased a Craftsman LT100 riding lawnmower. I used the mower twice w/o incident. On the evening of 06-19-06, my wife awakened me to tell me that there was a problem with the mower... As the mower had been sitting idle on my carport, I had trouble envisioning what sort of problem there could be. She then informed me that it was leaking gasoline and that the fumes were almost overpowering. I immediately decided that the first order of business was to get the mower away from the house and off of the carport... I reached over and put the mower in neutral, and while standing on the LEFT side of the mower, attempted to push it backwards... The bottom edge of the mower deck housing rubbed against my foot about 1 inch above my left ankle, lacerating my foot to the bone... There was blood everywhere instantly... I immediately grabbed a towel and applied pressure to stop the blood loss... I refused to go to the emergency room after once the bleeding was stopped, but I DID go to my regular PCP the next morning for a tetanus shot and 3 stitches... As I see it, there are 2 problems with this mower: a faulty leaking fuel tank, and a ridiculously unsafe, razor-sharp edge in an area where a person is repeatedly required to place their feet.

As a footnote, let me add that the management of this Sears Outlet has been VERY rude, belligerent, uncooperative, and has repeatedly failed to keep their word as to returning phone calls when they promised... They also attempted to replace this mower with one that had been used and damaged.

Ti

Comments

23rd of Nov, 2007

so let me get this straight hahahahaah wow one sec ................ ok so u have an accident on your lawnmower ??? because what you were still half asleep??? and you called the store?? for what a bandaid???? im not sure were you are going with this one but wow!! i have seen it all now ! if there was leaking gas ummmm thats definately a problem ... take care of your lawnmower!!! and keep wifey away from it !! also FOR THE LAST TIME PEOPLE STOP BUYING FROM OUTLET STORES JESUS crimeny!!!

3rd of Feb, 2008

cmon noob cycle ... try READING the posts b4 u decide reply. U made up an accident on the lawn mower -- Tim calling the store for "band-aids'? And you're insinuating his wife had something to do with the gas leaking. Where are YOU going with this?

Thanks for the info Tim ~ Sears has gone to the birds!

• Mp
      30th of Jan, 2009

How to operate a riding lawn mower:
    1. place motor in appropriate area.
    2. Mount mowing device.
    3. place key in ignition.
    4. turn key, start engine.
    5. adjust settings for optimum performance.
    6. drive through designated mowing area
    7. once done, turn key to off position
    8. dismount
    9. walk away, SCRATCH FREE.

Don't post your stories of failure on the INTERNET, they will get you dominated.

• Da
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Sears - denial
    Riverside
    California

I have been approved many times before why iam being denied now? It says it doesnt go by credit. the last time i was approved for 1200 and now nothing.

• Da
      14th of Aug, 2018
    Sears Kenmore Oven - Kenmore Model: 665.95025101
    Columbiana
    Ohio

Broiler turned itself on in the middle of the night and would not turn off. I had to throw the breaker to keep it from setting my house on fire.

• Su
      15th of Aug, 2018
    Sears Brands - Kenmore water heater
    Morton
    Pennsylvania
    sears.com

I bought the kenmore water heater from November 18, 2012. Still 4 month left in warranty but I called many time to customer service they told me they don't provide service in the area I don't have hot water from more than week and when I called the customer service they transferred from one department to another department

16th of Aug, 2018
    Sears Master Protection Agreement - Refrigerator Ice Maker freezes in large block and normal maintenance
    Las Vegas
    Nevada

We had a service block of 8 to 12. 12:20 came by so I called to see what may be happening. Was told they were on way, so I decided to wait. 1 came along, called and they said they'll come by 2:45. Long story short, never showed until 5:26! 9.5 hours and NO ONE contacted me, it was I who called to inquire what was happening. Just honor warrenty.

20th of Aug, 2018
    Sears Canada - products warranties
    Canada

My home phone getting unknown phone calls saying they are working on behalf of Sears sold products warranty and asking us to pay $150 to keep our product warranty alive.

• Bi
      21st of Aug, 2018
    Sears - Laundry Center

Clothing gets snagged in upper drum gap opening leaving black marks. Gap is way too wide! Sears techs won't acknowledge there is a problem on two occasions even took apart and reassembled saying there was no problem but the gap is still there causing black marks.

• Di
      28th of Aug, 2018
    Sears Brands - Automatic shipping of kenmore water filter #9081

My name is Diana BARNETT.You keep shipping this filter.I don't need one . I have one on hand . I want to return it and money refunded. Also get me off the auto shipping. My phone #9512188486. Email mdbar1952@charter.net.My address is 6325 Jade St Jurupa valley, CA.92509.

1st of Sep, 2018
    Sears - Micro

Would not replace micro even after more than 3 visits as required in contract. Obnoxious as they come for a year or so. Finally took them to court and received more than double what they offered.

• Ro
      6th of Sep, 2018
    Sears Brands - refrigerator
    Hemet,ca.

Sears promised me a $300.00 refund for a new damaged refrigerator. They never paid me even though I have proof from consumer affairs in California.
    I wrote the BBB which sent my complaint to Chicago where they were of no help at all.

10th of Sep, 2018
    Sears Home Pro - Airconditioning /unable to get a hold of anyone
    North Hollywood
    California

We received services from Sears Home Pro, initially they were really helpful but now that the job is done and we are having some issues, we cannot get a hold of anyone! We called, emailed 3x, called again and we were given the run around. HORRIBLE!!!
    We have been emailling Richard Saunders and Daniel Gross