Sears / their delivery service is worst ever

We ordered a washer dryer and dishwasher. Keep in mind we have to work to be here for delivery. First delivery show up 2 hours late and dryer is vented incorrectly so they have to send it back for correction. Called center to arrange redelivery of correct unit and he tells me they will have to refund me and I will have to go to sears and repurchase entire order. Oh yeah the dishwasher didn't show up with the delivery either. So after talking with supervisor this is corrected but what a *** of a customer service rep in the first place to tell me that. So we another day for redelivery and still no dishwasher. Washer dryer ok and installed. another day for dishwasher but it has a dent. They will redeliver. another day for delivery and now there it sits in our garage. Have yet to get an appointment for installation from sears though we have already paid them for such. What a joke. Will never ever ever buy from them again.

Va

Comments

• Me
      9th of Jul, 2008

I ordered a freezer from Sears.com on Fir July 5th, 2008 to be delivered on Wednesday July 9- today. They don't make an appointment for the exact delivery time when you order but advise that they will call by phone, the night before delivery. I find that reasonable and expected just that. HOWEVER- since the day I placed that on-line order I have had NO LESS than 3 phone calls per day ( each apparently from a different representative of Sears) telling me that I would receive a phone call the night before delivery to set the exact time. After the first day of two calls I asked them to PLEASE stop calling me until they had the appointment time. They apologized and said "I should not be getting any more calls". But they did keep calling both my home and alternate (Cell) number. They leave long messages on my Cell phone which is not always turned on- but always with the same " Information" that I would be getting a call on Tuesday night after 6 Pm with the actual delivery time. Yesterday, being THE Day Before Delivery, the 1st call came at 11 AM from a Sears person who was calling to verify the order info and address for delivery but no delivery time as that is not set until after 6 PM. After that I got 3 more calls just stating that I would get a call tonight with the delivery time window! At 6:15 PM I got the first of 3 calls telling me the delivery time of 1:15-3:15Pm. The second was at &:70 and the 3rd at 9PM. This morning at 6:45 I got another call from SEARS! This time it was a lady with "dispatch" who stated that she needed to confirm that I would be home and still wanted the merchandise delivered today as they would not be loading it on the truck if I don;t want it!! I got the Sears Corporate Phone numner from her and placed a complaint with them directly about all these calls. I look forward to getting the freezer deliverd and set up today and HOPE that is the last I have to hear from Sears! I had stopped shopping at Sears years ago due to frustrations with them but it had been so long I had forgotten how bad it was.
    The only way I would recommend Sears.com is to the poor lonely folks out there who would like some PHONE CALLS! Personally I've had enough!
    Sears Corprate Office Number is 1-800-549-4505

• Je
      9th of Jul, 2008

I have tried for over a year to get my dryer purchased from Sears repaired. They have come to repair the dryer 3 times and it still does not work. The techs have no clue how to repair the dryer and they sit on the phone while at my house trying to get info on how tho fix the dryer. they have just done small things to make it seem repaired until about an hour after they leave and the problem is back. i have yet another appt. scheduled. Hopefully I will get my dryer fixed. never ever again will I deal with Sears.

• Ni
      9th of Sep, 2008

i purchased a stove on the 22 august 2008 with a next day delivery service but opted for another day the 25august 2008 well about 100pm that day telling me it was not in stock and could not be delivered until 5 sept 2008 which inconveince me from work so i rescheduled to 9 sept 2008 oh they sent me a 30 dollar gift card yeah!after i raised hell well today is 9 sept 2008 i get a call at 1000am after 3 calls to confirm on 8 sept 2008 that the range is coming well it did not i dialed several # 1-800-732-7747 delivery which can not verify with the warehouse and 1-512-248-7700 which cannot make delivery changes 1-800-549-4505 corporate which can not reveiw files 1-800-341-2517 extreme delivery which can only tell you it will be in warehouse the day before sears sucks it does not have the reputation it used to when i was a young child the never have to be concerned with me and my money again my husband is so disgusted he cut up the credit card thank goodness i did not get rid of my old stove 16 days later with my range

• Cy
      14th of Jan, 2016

@ SEARS

Below is the long & short of Sears Customer Service.

I Beseech you, Do Not Buy Sears Appliances ... Run Far, Far AWAY.

They Absolutely S@#K.
    ___________________________________________________________

1/13/2016 7:54AM

Dear Cynthia,

Thank you for contacting sears.com.

I apologize that we were unable to complete the exchange process for the items under order number 961254718.

I see that we were unable to complete the exchange as the mode of payment used was PayPal. However, while reviewing our notes, I see that one of our representatives offered pick up delivery and pay for the delivery pick up. If this will work, please do have a check with our phone support once again. To my dismay, we email team are unable to process the same from our side.

Need additional assistance? Click here to Chat with us now!

Slater N. (nalber5)
    _________________________________________________________

Cynthia Tobias

9:29 AM (12 minutes ago)

to Sears

An exchange could not be processed as you stated because I used PayPal to make my purchase. First & foremost why would Sears accept PayPal as payment if they can not support the customer with a Simple Exchange?

With that in mind. Sears offered to pick up the dryer & process a refund (for the dryer only) and I would have to repurchase the Gas Dryer!?

As the customer, would you feel confident allowing Sears to pick up the Dryer you paid for with PayPal, same form of payment that Sears could NOT process an exchange with and rest assure you would receive a Refund??? I think Not.

In the exchange I would have owed Sears $100.00 + plus in total. What a disheartening dilemma.

I am now Forced to keep an appliance I CAN NOT use. I most certainly will NOT Stop Here.

Thank you for NOTHING Sears & the ten's of other Foriegn associates over the phone and on chat below

Slater N. (nalber5)